Putnam Scanner for 12-15-07

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Putnam County Jail

Six people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.

* Tonja Michelle Patterson, 38, Greencastle, was booked in at 11:17 p.m. Thursday by Sgt. Tom Helmer for theft. She was released 12 hours later after posting 10 percent of a $20,000 bond.

* Kimberly Ann Nichols, 39, Fillmore, was booked in at 1:13 a.m. Friday by Fillmore Deputy Town Marshal Tim Walker on a petition to revoke probation. She was released 11 hours later for time served.

* Jason G. Snider, 33, no address given, was booked in at 6:47 a.m. Friday for failure to pay child support.

* Joseph James Adkins, 30, Staunton, was booked in at 9 a.m. Friday by jail staff for resisting law enforcement. He was released three hours later after posting 10 percent of a $6,000 bond.

* Austin Wade Kirk, 27, Greencastle, was booked in at 10:24 a.m. Friday by jail staff on two petitions to revoke probation.

* Terrence Hopson, 26, Indianapolis, was booked in at 11 a.m. Friday by Indiana State Police Trooper Dujuan McFadden for operating a vehicle while intoxicated with a prior conviction.

Greencastle Fire Dept.

The Greencastle Fire Department responded to four calls recently.

On Thursday:

* At 11:01 p.m., firefighters were called to 1016 Judson Court for smoke removal. They returned at 11:16 p.m.

On Friday:

* At 7:21 a.m., crews were dispatched at 5800 South County Road 900 West to assist the Reelsville Fire Department on a structure fire. They received a disregard en route and returned at 7:33 a.m.

* At 10:56 a.m., firefighters responded to Lot 71 in Ottawa Park for a lift assist. They returned at 11:04 a.m.

* At 1:39 p.m., crews were called to 807 S. College St. for a gas odor investigation. They were back on station at 1:50 p.m.

Reelsville Fire Dept.

The Reelsville Fire Department responded to a fire that leveled an abandoned farmhouse Friday morning.

Firefighters arrived on scene at 7:32 a.m. at 5800 S. CR 900 West near Reelsville and found the house almost entirely demolished, chief John McPherson told the BannerGraphic.

No one had lived in the two-story house since 1984 and the property owner had been using it for storage, McPherson said. It had been burning for quite some time before the fire department was called, he added.

The cause of the fire is still under investigation, though McPherson said he believes the cause was likely electrical.

Damage is estimated at less than $10,000.

Greencastle Fire Department, Cloverdale Township Volunteer Fire Department and Madison Township Volunteer Fire Department assisted Reelsville in the operation.

Firefighters returned to the station at 9:03 a.m.