Cloverdale school board sees light agenda
During this month's Cloverdale School Board meeting, the board primarily discussed the building and site renovation projects outlined in last month's meeting.
The main emphasis was that the project overseer from Kramer Companies will hold progress meetings every two weeks. The next meeting will be held on March 20 starting at 10 a.m.
Meanwhile, a calendar for the 2008-09 school year was approved. The major change was to set Martin Luther King Jr. Day as a typical classroom day, then moving the in-session snow days to President's Day and the other two in May.
Lunchtime changes to the elementary and middle school were also discussed. The board believes it's best to maximize student productivity by moving the lunchtime around. This will allow one more hour of instructional time.
In other business, the school board approved the personnel report.
The following persons were approved for employment:
* Doug Wokoun was named Boys' Golf Coach
* Kristin Crabtree was named Co-ed Track Coach
* Adrie Koehler and Jeremy Simpson were named Co-ed Track Assistant Coaches
* Tim Savini was named Baseball Coach
* Sam Brown was named Assistant Baseball Coach
* Stacey Falls was named Softball Coach
* Chuck Mowery was named Softball Assistant Coach
The following gave resignation:
* Adrie Koehler and Kristen Crabtree resigned from Cheerleading Sponsor
The students of the month of March were:
* Kolton Knapp in elementary school
* Haylen Eccles in middle school
* Erica Lotz in high school
The Cloverdale School Board meets at 7 p.m. on the second Monday of each month.