Police scanner for Oct. 11
One minor traffic accident was reported Thursday by Greencastle City Police.
-- At 12:23 p.m., Richard Taylor, 50, Greencastle, has stopped his 1966 Chevrolet Corvair on Bloomington Street to wait to make a left turn when the car was struck from behind by a 1997 Toyota Camry, driven by Darlene Cox, 68, Greencastle, Officer Ed Wilson reported.
Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $1,000.
* On Wednesday, Sept. 28 at 2:14 p.m. the Greencastle Fire Department responded to a medical assist at 1006 Avenue D. Cleared 2:35 p.m.
At 4:57 p.m. GFD was dispatched to a motor vehicle accident at 305 E. Washington St. Cleared 5:16 p.m.
At 6:11 p.m. personnel responded to a medical assist at 1113 Avenue D. Cleared 6:33 p.m.
At 8:59 p.m. a GFD crew conducted an odor investigation at 607 E. Anderson St. Nothing was found. Cleared 9:28 p.m.
* On Friday, Sept. 30 at 7:55 a.m. GFD responded to a power line down at 1009 Tulip Trail. Cleared 9:48 a.m.
* On Saturday, Oct. 1 at 12:35 a.m. they were dispatched to an alarm at 311 S. Locust St. but were disregarded at 12:37 a.m.
At 1:35 p.m. GFD investigated a hot smell at 1003 Castleberry Dr. Nothing was found. Cleared 2:50 p.m.
At 7:28 p.m. they were dispatched to an alarm at 330 Greenwood Ave. Cleared 7:42 p.m.
At 11:38 p.m. GFD responded to a motor vehicle accident at 2270 S. CR 150 West. Cleared 11:50 p.m.
* On Sunday, Oct. 2 at 8:41 a.m. personnel responded to an alarm due to dust at 110 S. Indiana St. Cleared 8:46 a.m.
At 2:18 p.m. crews performed a medic assist at 311 Medic Way. Cleared 2:49 p.m.
* On Monday, Oct. 3 at 2:44 a.m. GFD performed a hazmat investigation at 1045 Shadowlawn Ave. Nothing was found. Cleared 3:04 a.m.
At 12:53 p.m. they were dispatched to assist Operation Life at 211 N. Locust St. Disregarded 1:01 p.m.
* On Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 1:15 a.m. personnel were dispatched to a medical assist at 1003 S. Locust St. Cleared 1:19 a.m.
At 1:25 a.m. they performed a medical assist at 302 N. College Ave. Cleared 1:44 a.m.
At 12:11 p.m., GFD was dispatched to a smoke investigation at 418 Washington St. They found fire in the attic that damaged wiring and insulation. Cleared 2 p.m.
At 2:20 p.m. they were dispatched to vehicle cleanup at the old LoBill building at 1019 Indianapolis Rd. Cleared 2:37 p.m.
At 4:42 p.m. GFD responded to an alarm at 106 S. Spring St. Cleared 4:49 p.m.
At 6:29 p.m. personnel performed a medical assist at 1003 S. College Ave. Cleared 6:49 p.m.
At 6:51 p.m. they responded to an alarm at 106 S. Spring St. Cleared 6:57 p.m.
At 9:03 p.m. GFD was dispatched to an alarm due to birthday candles at 414 S. Indiana St. Cleared 9:10 p.m.
At 11:17 p.m. they responded to a smoke scare at 821 Indianapolis Rd. Cleared 11:23 p.m.
* On Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 6:40 p.m. GFD was dispatched to 105 S. Spring St. but was disregarded en route at 6:42 p.m.
At 6:48 p.m. they were dispatched to a structure fire at 2943 N. CR 650 West. Cleared 7:41 p.m.
* On Thursday, Oct. 6 at 8:39 a.m. crews assisted an invalid at 139 Woodhaven Dr. Cleared 8:57 a.m.
At 10:34 a.m. personnel responded to a medical assist at 79 Queenswood Ct. Cleared 10:55 a.m.
At 12:29 p.m. they assisted an invalid at 139 Woodhaven Dr. Cleared 12:37 p.m.
At 1:09 p.m. GFD crews were dispatched to a hydraulic oil spill at 107 S. Indiana St. Disregarded 1:10 p.m.
At 2:41 p.m. personnel responded to an alarm due to cooking at 225 S. Bloomington St. Cleared 2:48 p.m.
* On Friday, Oct. 7 at 4:57 p.m. GFD cleaned up glass in the road at Walnut and Jackson streets. Cleared 5:06 p.m.
At 5:51 p.m. crews performed a medical assist at 309 E. Franklin St. Cleared 6:08 p.m.
At 9:26 p.m. they responded to an alarm malfunction at 330 Greenwood Ave. Cleared 9:36 p.m.
At 9:59 p.m. GFD was dispatched to an alarm at 509 S. Locust St. Disregarded 10:09 p.m.
* On Saturday, Oct. 8 at 8:01 a.m. GFD responded to an alarm malfunction at 105 W. Hanna St. Cleared 8:17 a.m.
At 4:27 p.m. they were dispatched to a medical assist at Robe-Ann Park. Disregarded 4:33 p.m.
At 9:40 p.m. GFD responded to an alarm at 333 S. 10th St. The alarm was being tested and the fire department had not been notified. Cleared 9:54 p.m.
* On Sunday, Oct. 9 at 12:22 p.m. GFD performed a medical assist at 901 S. Jackson St. Cleared 12:53 p.m.
At 6:40 p.m. crews were dispatched to an alarm at 508 S. Jackson St. No fire was found. Cleared 6:47 p.m.
At 8:14 p.m. personnel responded to a motor vehicle accident with injury at Percy Julian Dr. and Indianapolis Rd. Cleared 8:50 p.m.
* On Monday, Oct. 10 at 1:06 p.m. GFD personnel assisted an invalid at 139 Woodhaven Dr. Cleared 1:19 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.