Scanner for Feb. 19
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 8:40 p.m. Friday, Jamie Lynn Vanlue, 37, Syracuse, Ind., was arrested for operating while intoxicated.
* At 2:25 a.m. Saturday, Michael Steven Lewis, 41, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
* At 2:30 a.m. Sunday, Randy Lee Weddle, 43, Fillmore, was charged with residential entry, trespassing and public intoxication.
* At 5:10 a.m. Monday, Christopher Jordan, 41, Fillmore, was held at the jail for possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia.
At 5:55 a.m. Stanley Eugene McKinney, 31, Greencastle, was booked in for battery and possession of methamphetamine.
At 6:12 a.m. Teresa Lynn Tippin, 37, Greencastle, was arrested for possession of methamphetamine, possession of a schedule drug and maintaining a common nuisance.
* At 12:34 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 8, Krista M. Gardner, 20, Greencastle, was northbound on County Road 300 East in a 2003 Dodge Neon when she came to a 90-degree turn to the left and lost control due to road conditions.
The car left the road and hit a mailbox at 3015 S. CR 300 East as well as several small trees.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
* The mirrors of two truck collided at 4:55 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 15 when they met on State Road 240.
Douglas D. Hansel, 40, Greencastle, was westbound in a 2009 International straight truck. Michael T. Ragless, 41, Toledo, Ohio, was eastbound in a 2006 Wabash National van.
Hansel said that Ragless was left of center, so he swerved to avoid the van. Ragless said the road is narrow in the area, not allowing him to get any farther to the left.
The driver's side mirrors of the two trucks collided, shattering both mirrors as well as the driver's side window of Ragless' vehicle.
Lynette Reid, 49, Coatesville, was also westbound in a 2002 Dodge Durango. She advised Deputy Mike Downing that something off of one of the trucks hit her SUV, shattering the driver's side rear window.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
* At 7:28 p.m. on Friday, Holly M. Cagle, 32, Indianapolis, was northbound on County Road 550 West in a 2011 Chrysler when a dog ran from the west side of the road.
Cagle swerved to the right to avoid the dog, losing control of the vehicle. The right front tire dropped off the edge of the road, causing it to pull to the right and farther off the roadway.
The vehicle then hit a tree head on, causing it to flip onto its top and come to rest at the edge of the road.
Cagle was not ejected or trapped, and she reported no injuries.
Deputy Mike Downing estimated damage at $10,001-$25,000.
* At 9:56 p.m. Saturday, Scott D. Witty, 40, Bainbridge, was pulling through an alley in Roachdale in a 2009 Dodge Charger when he hit a utility pole.
The impact caused front-end damage to the vehicle. Lt. Dwight Simmons estimated damage at $1,001-$2,500.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* At 2:04 p.m. on Saturday, GFD performed a carbon monoxide investigation at 1160 Bay Ct., returning to station at 2:53 p.m.
At 6:50 p.m. personnel responded to a sprinkler activation at Little Rock Apartments, 106 S. Spring St. One of the sprinkler heads had been broken off. Crews cleared the scene at 7:58 p.m.
At 11:02 p.m. firefighters were dispatched to assist Jefferson Township with a barn fire at 6109 S. CR 550 East. They returned to station at 4:34 a.m.
* At 6:52 a.m. crews were called to assist Roachdale with a house fire at 303 E. Railroad St. They cleared the scene at 9:11 a.m.
At 7:37 p.m. GFD investigated an alarm at 107 W. Hanna St., returning to station at 7:44 p.m.
At 8:10 p.m. personnel investigated an alarm at 109 W. Hanna St., clearing the scene at 10:20 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.