Scanner for March 28
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* At 12:13 a.m. on Tuesday, Wanda Faye Price, 32, Indianapolis, was arrested for driving on a suspended license.
At 8:50 a.m., Melissa Ann Miller, 36, Greencastle, was charged with possession of methamphetamines and a probation violation.
* At 9:50 p.m., Calvin Mitchell Minnix-Spiker, 21, Greencastle, was arrested for residential entry.
* At 11:15 a.m. on Wednesday, Angela Marie Sanders, 35, Greencastle, was arrested for nonsupport of a dependent.
At 12:52 a.m., Janet Lynn Bumgardner, 55, Greencastle, was arrested for check deception.
Two recent accidents were investigated by Putnam County Sheriff's Department deputies.
* At 6:21 a.m. on Tuesday, Matthew Montgomery, 36, Cannelton, was making a left turn onto the eastbound ramp of Interstate 70 when Stephen E. Nicholson, 59, Spencer, struck him on the ramp.
Montgomery told Deputy Tyler Turner he had a green light and was entering the ramp, when Nicholson's 1997 Chevrolet struck him on the passenger side of his 2014 Kenworth Export.
Damage was estimated at $10,001-$25,000.
* At 1:40 p.m. on Monday, Kenneth D. Jolliff, 60, Greencastle, was backing up his 2006 Ford F250 from County Road 725 West onto County Road 850 South to turn around.
While backing up, Jolliff advised Reserve Officer Don Lewis that he did not see Roberta L. Williams, 38, Reelsville who was westbound on County Road 850 South and thus backed into Williams' 2013 Ford Escape's left rear fender.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
Three recent citations were issued by Greencastle City Police officers.
-- At 11 p.m. Wednesday, Chad Epley, 36, Greencastle, was stopped at Main and Bloomington streets by Officer Kyle Lee. Epley was cited for an infraction of driving with a suspended license.
-- At 8:37 p.m. Wednesday, Josh Duncan, 30, Greencastle, was stopped at State Road 240 and Indianapolis Road by Officer Lee. Duncan was cited for an infraction of driving with a suspended license.
-- At 5:20 a.m. Tuesday, William Davis, 32, Greencastle, was ticketed on Crown Street by Officer Matt Huffman for having an expired license plate (April 2013).
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches. GFD has responded to one medical assist since Friday, March 21.
* At 9:13 p.m. on Friday, March 21, GFD was dispatched to cover the Cloverdale Fire Department station while the CFD was out on a fire. Just before arriving at the station, GFD was then dispatched to assist the CFD at 10995 S. 10 East in extinguishing a woods fire approximately 1-2 acres in size.
* At 12:38 a.m. on Saturday, GFD responded to a smoke alarm. Upon arrival it was determined that the alarm was set off from cooking.
* At 3:18 a.m. on Saturday, the GFD was sent to remove a tree that had fallen across the roadway in the area of 250 West and 300 South. The tree was cut into smaller pieces and removed.
* At 3:09 a.m. Sunday morning, GFD was called to 335 N. Arlington Street to an oven fire. An oven element was sparking, the issue was resolved when GFD arrived.
* At 1:19 p.m. Monday, GFD was dispatched to 8108 S. County Road 450 West to assist Reelsville extinguish an estimated 1-2 acre brush fire.
* At 3:34 p.m. on Monday, the GFD was dispatched to assist the Cloverdale Fire Department to extinguish a residential structure fire. No cause for the fire was determined.
* At 7:14 p.m. on Monday, a fire alarm at 330 Greenwood Avenue resulted in a GFD dispatch. Upon arrival it was determined that the alarm had been set off due to cooking.
* At 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, GFD was dispatched to Greencastle Middle School at 400 S. Percy Julian Drive. Upon arrival the alarm company was already working to resolve the issue, it was determined to have been triggered accidentally.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.