Putnam Scanner for 11-7-15
Two people were booked into the Putnam County Jail on Thursday.
* At 3:25 p.m. Mark Allen Poynter, 29, no city listed, was arrested for nonsupport of a dependent.
* At 4:05 p.m. Josh Andrew Mitchell, 20, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a warrant.
Putnam County Sheriff's Department deputies responded to a pair of recent automobile accidents.
* At 6:04 p.m. on Thursday, Lisa A. Wagle, 52, Reelsville, was northbound on County Road 500 East just south of U.S. 40 in a 2011 Chrysler Town and Country.
Wagle told Deputy Riley Houghton she did not have time to brake and avoid a deer that entered the road, hitting it with the front bumper.
Damage was estimated at $1,001-$2,500.
* At 8:42 p.m. on Thursday, Tyler A. Wilde, 23, Indianapolis, was approaching a 90-degree turn to the left at County Road 800 West and County Road 1400 North in a 1991 Buick Century.
Wilde said he applied his brakes but due to the wet road, he misjudged the time and distance needed.
The car left the road, where it became entangled in guy wires for a utility pole.
Operation Life, Roachdale Fire Department and Russellville Fire Department attended to the patients and performed clean-up.
Wilde and his passenger were cleared by medical personnel.
The vehicle was towed. Damage was listed at $1,001-$2,500.
The Greencastle Fire Department assisted with one medical run and two other dispatches recently.
* At 2:49 a.m. Friday, GFD investigated a fire alarm at 208 E. Olive St. The detector was activated for an unknown reason.
* At 3:26 a.m. Friday, GFD removed a tree from the roadway at 11 E. County Road 200 North.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.