Putnam Scanner for April 22, 2017
Twelve people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 11:57 p.m. Anna Mae Gross, 51, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail for trafficking with an inmate outside a facility, possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia with a prior conviction.
• At 8:53 p.m. Sukwinder Singh, 49, Hicksville, N.Y., was taken into custody for possession of a controlled substance and driving while intoxicated.
• At 5:30 p.m. Thomas Jason Franklin, 24, Greencastle, was arrested for battery.
• At 3:52 p.m. Dane Anthony Archer, 35, Terre Haute, was housed at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 2:08 p.m. Jamie Tyler Baker, 25, Quincy, was booked in on a local warrant.
• At 11:37 a.m. Brian Keith Watts, 25, Indianapolis, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 6:33 a.m. Bryan Keith Conner, 41, Coatesville, was charged with being a habitual traffic violator.
• At 4:28 a.m. Joshua Lee Doane, 34, Poland, was taken into custody on warrants for reckless driving and aggressive driving.
• At 3:51 a.m. Nancy Marie King, 41, Seymour, was arrested on a warrant for possession of methamphetamine.
• At 3:32 a.m. Christan Adelle Howard, 23, Dayton, Ohio, was housed at the jail for unlawful possession of a syringe.
• At 10:15 p.m. Larry Ray Owens, 51, Reelsville, was booked in on a warrant.
• At 4:54 p.m. John Alvin Mayfield, 33, Westville, was lodged at the jail on a court order.
One recent arrest was reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 9:20 p.m. Thursday, Susan Ewing, 60, Greencastle, was arrested at a Hillcrest Drive residence by Officer Matt Huffman.
Lodged in the Putnam County Jail, Ewing is facing charges of criminal trespass, disorderly conduct, battery on a law enforcement officer and public intoxication.
Under blood-alcohol testing at Putnam County Hospital, Ewing reportedly registered a blood-alcohol content of .303 percent, nearly four times the legal limit of intoxication.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies responded to four recent property-damage accidents.
• At 5:05 a.m. on Friday, James C. Fornoff, 29, Martinsville, was westbound on Interstate 70 near the 42-mile marker in the left lane in a 2011 Ford Escape. Santos R. Cordova, 47, Brentwood, N.Y., was also westbound in the right lane in a 2007 Freightliner semi pulling a trailer.
Fornoff told Capt. Tom Helmer his vehicle started to lose power and stall. At that point, he steered across the right lane and entered the path of Cordova’s vehicle.
Cordova said he swerved into the left lane in an attempt to avoid the collision but hit the left side of Fornoff’s vehicle.
Helmer and Deputy Virgil Lanning observed mud all over the side of Fornoff’s car. He told the officers he had slid off the road and into a ditch around the 49-mile marker and had to be pulled out by another vehicle.
This may have contributed to his engine troubles.
Fornoff also said he was fatigued from working all night. He was checked out by an Operation Life paramedic but refused transport from the scene.
Cloverdale Township Volunteer Fire Department assisted at the scene.
Damage was estimated at $10,000-$25,000.
• At 4:05 a.m. on Thursday, Jacob W. Capps, 24, Roachdale, was westbound on State Road 240 about 2,000 feet west of County Road 425 East in a 1998 Chevrolet truck when he hit a deer.
Deputy Jeffery Freeman estimated damage at $2,501-$5,000. The truck was towed.
• At 11:40 p.m. on Wednesday, Matthew W. Malayer, 23, Roachdale, was northbound on U.S. 231 about 2,000 feet south of County Road 1000 North in a 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt when he hit a metal object in the road.
Malayer told Deputy Freeman he could not see the object in the dark until it was too late.
The undercarriage was moderately damaged, with Freeman estimating the total at $1,001-$2,500.
• At 10:10 a.m. on Wednesday, Jerry T. Miller Jr., 54, Greencastle, was parked on the old roadway west of Houck Covered Bridge in a 2010 Chevrolet Colorado.
With the bridge now closed to traffic, there are three posts blocking vehicle access to the bridge.
Miller told Capt. Helmer he believed he put his vehicle in reverse and attempted to back up. However, he drove forward and hit the post with the left front of the truck.
Damage was estimated at $2,501-$5,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.