Greencastle School Board looking to get back to normal with Oct. 10 special meeting
Greencastle school officials are hoping it’s time to get back to regular business.
The last two meetings of the Greencastle School Board dominated, and rightly so, by discussions of mold issues at Tzouanakis Intermediate School.
In the interest of catching up on some other items, the board has scheduled a special meeting for 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 10 at GCSC Central Office, 1002 Mill Pond Lane, Greencastle.
The board is also set to meet on Monday, Oct. 22 for its regular monthly meeting. Both meetings are open to the public.
During the August meeting, all agenda items except a few routine matters were tabled. For the September meeting, administrators didn’t even bother putting most regular items on the agenda.
“The Oct. 10 meeting will be all of the things that we have tabled during the past two meetings including donations, NEOLA policies, crisis plan update approval, adult meal prices, items of no value, capital projects budget hearing, bus replacement hearing and any other small items that my pop up,” Supt. Jeff Hubble told the Banner Graphic. “I do not plan to have any TZ items on the agenda.”
Tzouanakis students are set to return to their building on Monday, Oct. 1. They had been attending class in other corporation buildings since Wednesday, Aug. 29.
During the most recent board meeting, the main area of business outside of Tzouanakis was the approval of several personnel items. These included:
• Six resignations: Raymond Gillinger as interim head custodian at Tzouanakis (effective Sept. 12), Amanda Wright as Greencastle High School custodian (Sept. 10), Cheryl McCammack as substitute bus driver (Sept. 5), Nate Bryan as GHS assistant football coach (immediately) and Diana Myers as GHS Pep Club/G Club sponsor and junior class sponsor (immediately).
• Three certified employee matters: Doug Hudson approved as GHS night school teacher, Elizabeth Lucas approved for FMLA at Greencastle Middle School and Sharon Pitcock hired as 21st Century Community Learning Center teacher.
• Two classified employee matters: Rachel Beck unpaid leave as Deer Meadow cafeteria assistant and Rodney Nodley transfer from Tzouanakis custodian to interim Tzouanakis head custodian.
• Two substitutes: William Waltman as long-term substitute for Elizabeth Lucas at GMS and Laurie Ferguson as substitute custodian.
• Twelve extracurricular hires: Angie Weeks as Deer Meadow Robotics Club sponsor, Brittany Labhart as GMS sixth-grade intramural volleyball co-sponsor, Quinci Miller as GHS Athletes Support Club volunteer sponsor, Kent Menzel as GHS swim coach, Craig Whitaker as GHS assistant varsity boys’ basketball coach, Parker Aul as GHS JV boys’ basketball coach, Noah Madison as GHS freshman boys’ basketball coach, Rob York as GHS volunteer assistant boys’ basketball coach, Shane Thomas as GHS head wrestling coach, Damon Carrington and Ian Pingleton as GHS assistant wrestling coaches and Joe Newlin as GHS assistant softball coach.