Putnam Scanner for April 17, 2019
Two people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 3:51 p.m. Richard Alexander Romandine, 39, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for identity deception, false informing and driving with a suspended license.
• At 9:24 a.m. William Paul Owens, 41, Crawfordsville, was booked in on a local warrant.
One recent arrest was reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 5:30 p.m. Monday, Samantha Nicole Hanners, 28, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Kyle Lee.
Taken into custody at an Avenue B residence, Hanners was lodged in the Putnam County Jail for probation violation.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage crash.
• At 9:29 a.m. on Wednesday, April 10, James M. Mannon, 77, Greencastle, was backing out of a parking space at Putnam County Hospital in a 2017 Nissan Altima. As he backed, Mannon turned to the right.
Mannon told Deputy Josh Boller that once he was completely out of his space, his rear bumper hit the rear bumper of another vehicle.
Audrie J. Burton, 21, Cloverdale, was in the driving lane of the parking lot in a 2016 Honda registered to Putnam County Comprehensive Services. Burton told Boller she was backing up to let another vehicle through when she and Mannon struck bumpers.
Boller estimated damage at $1,000-$2,500.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to two recent dispatches:
• At 1:39 a.m. on Tuesday, GFD responded to a building fire at 824 E. CR 50 South. Firefighters arrived at 1:58 and assisted the Fillmore Community Volunteer Fire Department with extinguishing the fire. GFD then assisted with salvage and overhaul. GFD returned to station at 3:07 a.m.
• At 5:17 a.m. on Tuesday, GFD was dispatched to 330 Greenwood Ave. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 5:23 and found that a pull station had been activated, but there was no fire. GFD left at 5:47 a.m.
Additionally, GFD performed two medical assists had one disregard before these dispatches.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.