Putnam Scanner for August 28, 2019
Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Monday.
• At 11:34 p.m. Dustin Michael Kennedy, 24, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant.
• At 4:55 p.m. Johnathan Michael Huber, 27, Indianapolis, was taken into custody for driving while intoxicated, driving while intoxicated with a prior conviction and on a local warrant.
• At 4:48 p.m. Tracy Lynn Judd, 44, Clarks Hill, was housed at the jail for theft and on a local warrant.
• At 11:13 a.m. Jared Anthony Pentz, 29, Fillmore, was booked in for strangulation and domestic battery.
• At 8:36 a.m. Nicholas Allen Perry, 31, Indianapolis, was lodged at the jail for driving with a BAC of .15 or more and driving while intoxicated.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage crash.
• At 10:49 p.m. on Sunday, Deputy Anthony Brown was dispatched to Jaycee Park southeast of Greencastle for a reported vehicle accident. He learned that the vehicle was trying to flee the scene.
A short time later, officers located the 2002 Nissan Altima. The lone occupant, Macy A. Fordice, 33, Russellville, refused to answer questions, saying he was not driving.
Observation at the scene indicated the vehicle had been eastbound on Airport Road when for an unknown reason the driver lost control and slid into the north side ditch on the passenger side. The vehicle continued to spin and knocked down a fence support pole owned by the Putnam County Airport Authority.
Fordice was arrested and booked in the Putnam County Jail on charges of driving while intoxicated-refusal, driving with a suspended license with a prior conviction and leaving the scene of an accident.
Brown estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to four recent dispatches:
• At 4:48 p.m. on Monday, GFD was dispatched to Pi Beta Phi at 303 S. Locust St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 4:50 and determined that the alarm was set off due to a dirty detector head. The head was cleaned and the alarm was reset. GFD left at 5:10 p.m.
• GFD was dispatched to 10 Frazier St. on two consecutive runs Monday evening concerning an unauthorized burn:
At 5:46 p.m., GFD was dispatched to the property after receiving a call for the unauthorized burn. Units arrived at 5:48 to find that the homeowner was agitated about the call. GFD explained the city burn ordinance and left at 6:11 p.m.
At 6:47 p.m., GFD was called back to the property on a good intent call. GFD arrived at 6:50 and discussed the ordinance with the homeowner, who was concerned about not being able to cook food. GFD inspected the homeowner’s burn pit and suggested improvements for a recreational burn. GFD left at 7:25 p.m.
• At 4:53 a.m. on Tuesday, GFD was dispatched to Delta Upsilon at 626 E. Seminary St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 4:55 but could not determine the cause of the alarm. The alarm was reset. GFD left at 5:03 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.