Putnam Scanner for September 11, 2019
Six people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 7:50 a.m. David Lee Webb, 56, Brownsburg, was housed at the jail on a writ of body attachment.
• At 7:12 p.m. Terry Bryan King, 32, Greencastle, was booked in on a hold for Hendrick County.
• At 4:41 p.m. Samuel Joseph Weekly, 39, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail for battery.
• At 4:14 p.m. Larry Emerson Phillips, 45, Greencastle, was taken into custody on a Hendricks County warrant for robbery.
• At 3:19 p.m. David Scott Branagin, 47, Greencastle, was housed at the jail on a court order.
• At 9:52 a.m. Anthony Michael Lehr, 29, Anderson, was booked in for nonsupport of a dependent.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage crash.
• At 8:46 a.m. on Saturday, Demetrius D. Leo, 17, Cloverdale, was westbound on County Road 700 South in a 2011 Chevrolet Avalanche.
Leo told Deputy Josh Boller he met an eastbound vehicle and steered to the right portion of the road, dropping off the edge of the road and losing control.
The vehicle struck an REMC power pole, causing extensive damage to the right side of the SUV.
The vehicle was towed. Boller estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.