Putnam Scanner for March 11, 2020
Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 4:34 a.m. Reginald L. Felton, 24, Gary, was lodged at the jail for driving with a suspended license.
• At 4:32 a.m. John D. Odore, 26, Crawfordsville, was taken into custody on a court order.
• At 9;07 p.m. Payton A. Nichols, 35, Coatesville, was housed at the jail for driving while intoxicated.
• At 8:02 p.m. Chelsea R. Gallagher, 28, Indianapolis, was booked in on a writ of body attachment.
One recent arrest was reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
-- At 4:36 p.m. Monday, Kala Pierson, 30, Fillmore, was arrested by Officer Alec Pettit on a theft charge at the Greencastle Walmart store.
Pierson allegedly took $69 in merchandise by skip-scanning items at the U-scan, authorities said.
She reportedly took movies, Doritos, Oreos, Goldfish crackers and dog food.
Pierson was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
Three recent citations were issued by city officers.
-- At 2:14 p.m. Monday, Misael Osoril, 26, Indianapolis, was stopped on Fillmore Road by Officer Nick Eastham.
Osoril was ticketed for operating a motor vehicle without ever receiving a license.
-- At 10:30 p.m. Saturday, Devon Wilson, 18, Indianapolis, was stopped on Veterans Memorial Highway by Capt. Charles Inman.
Wilson was cited for driving with a suspended license.
-- At 12:54 p.m. Saturday, Juan Lira Jr., 35, Greencastle, was cited by Officer Brad Hiatt.
Stopped on Tennessee Street near Bloomington Street, Lira was cited for driving with a suspended license.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated two recent property-damage crashes.
• At 7:06 p.m. on Monday, Mason S. Adams, 19, Greencastle, was northbound on County Road 675 East in a 2009 Ford F-550.
Adams told Deputy Anthony Brown another vehicle forced him off the roadway, where he hit a cattle fence.
Adams complained of ankle pain and was transported from the scene for medical evaluation.
The truck was towed. Brown estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
• At 5:24 p.m. on Monday, Brett P. Sosebee, 20, Greencastle, was westbound on State Road 240 near County Road 525 East in a 2016 Nissan Altima when he traveled off the north side of the roadway.
Sosebee told Deputy Jeffery Freeman he got too close to the end of the roadway, which pulled the car down into the ditch. It traveled across the ditch and into the field, causing airbags to deploy, as well as minor cosmetic damage to the front bumper and rocker panels.
Sosebee was not injured. Freeman estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to one recent dispatch:
• At 4:14 p.m. on Monday, GFD was dispatched to Opportunity Housing for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 4:46 and determined the alarm was due to smoking. The alarm was then reset. GFD left at 5:01 p.m.
Additionally, GFD performed two medical assists following this dispatch.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.