Putnam Scanner for March 14, 2020
Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 1:44 a.m. Michael A. Taylor, 53, Naples, Fla., was booked in for driving while intoxicated with a prior conviction and driving while intoxicated-refusal.
• At 10:19 p.m. Tracy D. Howlett, 55, Greencastle, was taken into custody for assisting a criminal.
• At 8:41 p.m. Joshua W. Turner, 38, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail on an out-of-county warrant and for possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia and a writ of body attachment.
• At 2:20 p.m. James R. Wilson, 18, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for dealing in marijuana and possession of marijuana.
Two recent arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
• At 10:53 p.m. Thursday, Carlton G. Dumaoal Jr., 53, Greencastle, was arrested by Capt. Charles Inman on Arlington Street near Franklin Street.
Lodged in the Putnam County Jail, Dumaoal is facing charges of unauthorized entry of a motor vehicle.
• At 6:51 p.m. Thursday, Terra N. Cooksey, 35, Brazil, was arrested by Officer Elsiana Crosby.
Arrested at a South Jackson Street residence, Cooksey was booked into the jail for criminal trespass.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated one recent property-damage crash.
• At 5:21 p.m. on Thursday, Cody T. Gilliam, 33, Cloverdale, was westbound on State Road 42 in a 2010 Ford Fusion when black smoke started coming out of the defrost vents.
Gilliam immediately pulled over and exited the vehicle. He told Deputy Robert Soilleux that within minutes it was engulfed in flames.
The vehicle was towed. Soilleux estimated damage at $2,500-$5,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to one recent dispatch:
• At 2:18 p.m. on Thursday, GFD was dispatched to 2 E. Hanna St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 2:19 and were told a sprinkler head had been broken off in construction. DePauw University police was at the property and advised that the alarm would be reset when the sprinkler head was replaced.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.