Putnam Scanner for June 8, 2021
Fourteen people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently.
• At 4:37 a.m. Edward D. Crawford, 26, Bloomington, was lodged at the jail for driving with a suspended license.
• At 10:05 p.m. Matthew K. Floyd, 22, Sullivan, was taken into custody for theft.
• At 5:52 p.m. Brandon J. Hudelson, 30, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for battery against a public safety officer and resisting law enforcement.
• At 3:09 p.m. Bradly W. Haskett, Terre Haute, was booked in for domestic battery.
• At 8:10 p.m. Michael D. Bastin, 49, Roachdale, was lodged at the jail for driving with an ACE of .15 or more, driving while intoxicated endangering a person and leaving the scene of a property-damage crash.
• At 9:50 a.m. Danielle M. Whitney, 34, Clinton, was taken into custody for driving with a suspended license with a prior conviction.
• At 5:39 a.m. Joseph A. Johnson, 56, Lebanon, was housed at the jail on a warrant.
• At 5:13 a.m. John M. Meyer, 38, Indianapolis, was booked in on a warrant.
• At 2:52 a.m. Eric L. Billings, 36, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a warrant.
• At 10:52 p.m. Jessica R. Cook, 31, Greencastle, was taken into custody on an out-of-county warrant.
• At 2:11 a.m. Matthew T. Earle, 23, Terre Haute, was housed at the jail on a warrant.
• At 2:08 a.m. Benjamin T. O’Hair, 36, Russellville, was booked in on a warrant.
• At 9:30 p.m. Christopher T. Smith, 29, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for criminal trespass.
• At 9:40 a.m. Nicholas L. Bennett, 30, Fillmore, was taken into custody on a warrant.
Putnam County sheriff’s deputies investigated three recent property-damage crashes.
• At 3:30 p.m. on Friday, David B. Hart, 59, New York, N.Y., was attempting to enter eastbound Interstate 70 from the 41-mile on-ramp at Cloverdale in a 2021 Hyundai Accord. Aaron C. Silcott, 58, Piketon, Ohio, was eastbound on 70 in a 2015 Mack CXU semi pulling a trailer.
Hart told Deputy Anthony Brown he was attempting to merge into traffic and saw his lane coming to an end, so he slowed down. However, he made contact with Silcott’s tractor-trailer, which was traveling in the right-hand lane.
Silcott told Brown that Hart failed to yield and made contact with his vehicle.
Brown estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
• At 10:28 p.m. on Thursday, Jill M. Jacobs, 67, Houghton Lake, Mich., was eastbound on Interstate 70 in a 2016 Buick Enclave when she hit a deer.
Jacobs was able to get the vehicle off the interstate and to the Cloverdale Truck Stop, but it was towed from there.
Deputy Hunter Gambill estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
• At 11:09 a.m. on Wednesday, May 26, Bradley M. Vaughn, 35, Coatesville, was westbound on State Road 240 in a 2015 Dodge Ram.
Vaughn told Deputy Scott Ducker he came over a hill when he noticed a stopped vehicle waiting to turn left onto County Road 500 East.
Vaughn applied his brakes, which locked up. He then skidded off the road to avoid the other vehicle, hitting a utility pole.
Ducker estimated damage at $5,000-$10,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff’s departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.