County prepared to distribute $250,000 in COVID relief funds to small businesses
The county is prepared to distribute approximately $9,600 to each of 26 local small businesses.
On Monday, the Putnam County Commissioners unanimously approved grants to the businesses.
The funding comes from the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs, which awarded $250,000 to Putnam County for businesses that were negatively impacted by COVID-19 during September through November of 2020.
Grant administrator Kristy Jerrell of Kristy Jerrell wrote the grant for the county.
Though the money had not yet arrived from OCRA as of Monday, the county needs to be prepared, as the funds must be distributed within five days of being received.
Because $250,000 does not divide evenly among 26 recipients, 25 of them will receive $9,615.38, while the other will receive $9,615.50.
The 26 county recipients are:
• Aries Lodging Inc. dba Super 8 Motel, Cloverdale;
• Big Bounce Fun House Rentals, Greencastle;
• Brenco Services LLC dba The Maids, Greencastle;
• Camryn’s Pet/Livestock Sitting, Greencastle;
• Castle Sound LLC, Greencastle;
• Chicago’s Pizza, Cloverdale;
• Doug and Carrie Enterprises LLC, Greencastle;
• Econolodge, Cloverdale;
• Fighting Chance Medical Training LLC, Greencastle;
• Harris Sugar Bush LLC, Greencastle;
• Harvest Moon B&B, Fillmore;
• Hatchet House BBQ & Catering, Roachdale;
• Hicks & Sons, Cloverdale;
• Hutch’s Body Shop/Graphic Shack Signs, Greencastle;
• JM Service, Greencastle;
• Krambos LLC, Greencastle;
• Krupa Inc., Cloverdale;
• Marsee Tree Service Inc., Greencastle;
• McCammon Agency Corp., Cloverdale;
• Morton Hook & Sinker & County Store, Greencastle;
• Putnamville Collision Inc., Cloverdale;
• Scorpion Protective Coatings Inc., Cloverdale;
• Scott A. Armitage DDS, Cloverdale;
• Shiv Hospitality Inc. dba Days Inn, Cloverdale;
• Summit Builders Inc., Greencastle;
• Taylor Made Awards & Apparel, Greencastle.
The City of Greencastle also received $250,000 while the Town of Bainbridge received $153,840 through the same program.
Those funds are also to be distributed to small businesses within those jurisdictions.