Damage limited in porch fire Sunday morning

Sunday, December 12, 2021
Firefighters survey the damage at 52 Doe Creek Dr. in Cloverdale after a porch light melted and siding caught fire Sunday morning.
Banner Graphic/BRAND SELVIA

CLOVERDALE — A Cloverdale residence suffered limited damage in which part of its siding caught fire Sunday morning.

The Cloverdale Township Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched at about 7:50 a.m. for a house fire at 52 Doe Creek Dr. behind First National Bank. Firefighters arrived and found smoke showing.

Cloverdale Fire responded with two engines and a box alarm was initially established. However, the fire was quickly under control and the box alarm was disregarded.

Banner Graphic/BRAND SELVIA

Meanwhile, the Greencastle Fire Department responded with an engine. Putnam County EMS was also on standby at the scene, and the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office was in the area before being cleared.

It was determined that the porch light’s bulb melted and the siding ignited. However, the damage was only on the outside.

The residents were uninjured in the incident. Indeed, Good Samaritans were able to wake them up when the fire occurred.

According to Putnam County GIS, the home is listed to Brent and Ryan Offerman of Greencastle.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: