Dr. Robert Heavin wins the 2019 Doc Hollywood Award3Putnam County Hospital medical staff, board of trustees, longtime friends and family gathered for a special lunch at the hospital to honor Dr. Robert Heavin on the 2019 Doc Hollywood Award. On Wednesday, Doc Heavin traveled to French Lick Springs to receive his official award at the Annual Indiana Rural Health Associations annual conference...
INDOT workers escape serious crash with minor injuries3Four INDOT workers escaped with only minor injuries when a pickup struck the truck in which they were working was hit by another pickup late Tuesday afternoon. The other drive and his passenger were airlifted to and Indianapolis hospital. At 2:53 p.m., the four workers were in an INDOT truck in the emergency lane at the 48.5 mile-marker with its emergency lights activated...
In the Misty MorningAfter heavy rainfall drenched Putnam County over the weekend, the area covered by East County Road 50 South is cloaked in fog Tuesday morning.
Amateur Radio Field Day to demonstrate science, skill, serviceMembers of the Putnam County Amateur Radio Emergency Service and Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (ARES/RACES) will be participating in the national Amateur Radio Field Day exercise June 22 – 23 at the Putnam County Emergency Operations Center (EOC), 1600 W County Rd 225 S, Greencastle. The exercise will begin at 2 p.m...
- Many open spots as ballot deadline looms July 1 (6/18/19)
- Cause determined for Friday Washington Township home fire (6/18/19)
- Grassroots organization seeks to make solar attainable (6/18/19)1
- Girl Scout Pool Party set for June 28 (6/18/19)
- Reelsville class of 1969 thanks alumni association (6/18/19)
- Recent DePauw grads win Edward R. Murrow Award (6/18/19)
- Recent rains wreaking havoc on county roads (6/17/19)1
- Cookout set Saturday at Van Bibber Lake Estates (6/17/19)
- The Gift of Song (6/17/19)
- Crowdfunding campaign under way for mural (6/17/19)2
Purdue alums plan outingThe Purdue Alumni Club of Putnam County will host its 21st annual golf outing on June 26 at Tiger Pointe Country Club (formerly Windy Hill) in Greencastle. Among the Purdue guests will be Leroy Keyes, named “Purdue’s All-Time Greatest Player,” a member of the College Football Hall of Fame, and NFL player with the Philadelphia Eagles and the Kansas City Chiefs; and Bob Ford, retired Purdue sports broadcaster and a member of the Indiana High School and Purdue University basketball Halls of Fame...
- List of Putnam County athletes signed/committed to play college sports next year (6/17/19)
- WOOD BROTHERS: Tiger Cub twins headed to play college football (6/17/19)
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Eventful year ending well for Jones (6/10/19)
- Beck claims UMP Modified Mid-Season Championship at LPS (6/10/19)
- Bratcher excited to continue career at DePauw (6/7/19)
- Fortunate circumstance connects Watts, Blazers (6/6/19)
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Catching up on some summertime odds and ends (6/6/19)
Franklin ‘Frank’ PhippsFranklin “Frank” Phipps, 90, a 60-plus-year resident of Bainbridge, passed away Tuesday, June 11, 2019. He was born in Greencastle on Dec. 10, 1928 to Homer and Malinda Phipps. He graduated from...
Jack E. SwopeJack E. Swope, 92, passed away at his home on Sunday, June 16, 2019. He was born in Indianapolis on March 31, 1927 to Charles and Agnes Swope. Jack was a Korean War veteran serving proudly as an Army...
Linda L. WesleyLinda L. Wesley, 76, passed away in her home on Thursday, June 13, 2019. She was born on July 21, 1942 to Robert and Joyce Hadley, who preceded her in death. She was raised in Brazil, along with her...
Frances ‘Fran’ CallahanFrances “Fran” Juanita Callahan, 87, of Greencastle, formerly of Cloverdale, passed away on Friday, June 14, 2019. She was born Oct. 2, 1931 in Pensacola, Fla., the daughter of Charles David and...
Mildred Elaine McClureMildred Elaine (Broadstreet) McClure, 89, of Cloverdale, went home to be with the Lord on Friday, June 14, 2019. She was born July 23, 1929 to the late James and Loretta “Lottie” Daniels Broadstreet....
Putnam Scanner for June 19, 2019County Jail Three people were booked in the Putnam County Jail Monday. • At 8:19 p.m. Logan Paige White, 22, Brazil, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant. • At 3:13 p.m. Tommy Dean Wright, 31,...
Putnam Scanner for June 18, 2019County Jail Seven people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Sunday • At 8:57 p.m. Talmas Allen, 31, Phillipp, Miss., was taken into custody for driving while intoxicated-refusal,...
Court News for June 19, 2019The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Stacy D. Lewis, 45, Cloverdale, Class A misdemeanor theft Juan Delarosa Jr., 40, Fillmore, Class B misdemeanor leaving...
Court News for June 18, 2019The following cases were filed recently in Putnam County courts: Criminal Cases Tammy L. Miller, 47, Martinsville, Level 6 felony theft of a firearm, Level 6 felony theft with a prior conviction Cory...
Rural Real Estate
Real Estate2Br 1Ba ranch home nestled on 6 acres of private woodlands outside of Lieber State Park. It has approximately 1898 square feet. Call 317-627-0211
Now HiringFamily owned hog farm looking for a full time employee to assist in raising hogs. No experience required but a plus MUST have a valid drivers license. MUST be willing to submit to Drug screen and back ground check. Please leave a message...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health
- The Latest: US official says Iranian missile downed US drone
- Oil shippers boost security after mysterious attacks in Gulf
- China's Xi arrives in North Korea for talks with Kim Jong Un
- APNewsBreak: Texas says Rapid DNA supplier jeopardizes cases
- Poll: Tracking asteroids a favored focus for space program