South Putnam offers registration informationWith the start of the 2021-22 school year just around the corner, it’s time for registration at South Putnam Community Schools. Online registration is now open for students of Central Elementary, Fillmore Elementary and South Putnam Middle School/High School...
Volunteer fire crews practice water operations Saturday2BAINBRIDGE — Firefighters obviously need water to put out a blaze. There are different factors, though, which play into how it gets to and is able to be utilized in the first place. Volunteer crews from the Clinton Township, Floyd Township, Roachdale, Russellville and Bellmore fire departments went over the essentials of establishing and maintaining a water supply with the Bainbridge Volunteer Fire Department Saturday morning...
City sets sidewalk projects for 2021Sidewalk superintendents will have plenty of construction work to ogle when the 2021 city sidewalk program begins in late summer or early fall. At its recent July meeting, the Greencastle Board of Works and Safety authorized Department of Public Works (DPW) Superintendent Brad Phillips to go out for bids on 2,279 lineal feet of new sidewalk...
United Way awards $171,384 in COVID relief for Putnam CountyUnited Way of Central Indiana (UWCI) has announced it awarded $171,384 in COVID-19 relief to human service organizations focusing their efforts on housing and food insecurity in Putnam County. These grants were made possible through the generosity of individual and corporate donors, as well as a grant from a sponsored project of Indiana United Ways, with funding provided by Lilly Endowment Inc...
Stewarding funds to sustain the futureWhat does it take to be a good steward? In my opinion, good stewardship is being committed to serving others while preserving their wishes and ideas. Stewardship is conducting, supervising or managing something of interest. Becoming a good steward is answering the call to action selflessly, no matter where you find yourself...
- Mission impossible or possible: Can you eat healthy at the fair? (7/26/21)
- ‘Infectiously joyful’ Brazilian music presented Wednesday night (7/26/21)
- Reelsville, Fillmore teens facing charges in Clay County home invasion (7/26/21)1
- Next Non-Food Pantry distribution set for July 31 (7/26/21)
- DNR completes stocking of striped and hybrid striped bass (7/26/21)
- FNB Donation (7/26/21)
- Workforce Development, Ivy Tech team with AWS to provide tech skills training to 5,000 Hoosiers (7/26/21)
- Golf event for Russellville, Bellmore VFDs set Aug. 14 (7/23/21)
- Skomp to be student-focused as South Putnam assistant (7/22/21)2
- Council action creates Putnam County Park Board (7/22/21)5
- North Putnam claims top spot among Putnam County cheerleading squadsAfter the event was lost due to COVID restrictions last year, the Putnam County Cheerleading Competition returned Saturday night with five schools taking to the mats and a boisterous crowd in attendance. As has become the norm the past few years as much as the event itself, the competition was moved indoors from the Putnam County Fairgrounds to Greencastle High School following a bout of heavy rain that passed through the area...
- Pulling the load again (7/26/21)
- Top spots at Mary Allison Children’s Golf Outing (7/26/21)
- Evan Baker eyes championship form at NoBull CrossFit Games (7/22/21)
- FEATURED SENIOR ATHLETE: Faith Hartman, Greencastle (7/22/21)
- Hanley, Cash gear up for national fishing tournament at Chickamauga Lake (7/20/21)
- Tiger Cubs Wilson, Sutherlin, Whitaker named to 3A All-State baseball team (7/15/21)
- FEATURED SENIOR ATHLETE: Allison Fajt, Greencastle (7/15/21)
Evelyn E. RubeckEvelyn E. Rubeck, 76, of Poland, went to be with the Lord July 7, 2021. She was born May 3, 1945 to the late Edward and Gertrude (Schopmeyer) Routt. Evelyn married Ronald Rubeck on June 8, 1961, and...
Jaike Patrick MatthewsJaike Patrick Matthews, 25, Indianapolis, passed away Sunday, July 18, 2021. He was born Aug. 20, 1995 at Putnam County Hospital in Greencastle to Jason Siddons and Christina Matthews. Jaike...
Kyle GrubbKyle Grubb, 70, Longmont, Colo., died on Monday, July 19, 2021. Kyle was born on Oct. 10, 1950 in Greencastle to the farm family of Marion and Mary Grubb. He graduated from Fillmore High School in...
Diana Sue BakerDiana Sue (Weaver) Baker, 82, of Cloverdale, passed away Sunday, July 25, 2021. She was a resident of Mill Pond Health Campus in Greencastle. Diana was born on Aug. 21, 1938 in Martinsville, to the...
George Michael ‘Mike’ HarriganGeorge Michael “Mike” Harrigan, 81, of Greencastle, passed away on Saturday, July 17, 2021, at Hendricks Regional Hospital in Danville. Mike was born in Cincinnati on Nov. 27, 1939, the son of George...
Putnam Scanner for July 27, 2021Six people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Monday • At 5:12 a.m. Rosario R. Vela Jr., 42, Indianapolis, was housed at the jail on a warrant for nonsupport of a dependent. Sunday • At...
Putnam Scanner for July 23, 2021Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Wednesday • At 9:01 p.m. Linda R. Chiles, 60, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail for counterfeiting and deception. • At 9:01 p.m. Ryder T....
Court News for July 27, 2021The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Joshua A. Keers, 29, Fillmore, Level 6 felony domestic battery in the presence of a child less than 16 years old Linda R. Chiles, 60,...
Court News for July 23, 2021The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Larry L. Watters, 36, Martinsville, Level 5 felony carrying a handgun as a felon, Class A misdemeanor driving with a suspended license...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health