Four carts stolen from Old Hickory Golf CourseThe owners of Old Hickory Golf Course are seeking the public’s help in locating four golf carts stolen from the course earlier this week. At some point between when owner Ron Crain locked up around 6:30 p.m. Sunday and when he returned to open the course on Monday, the chain on the gate was cut and four carts disappeared...
Court docs: Armed robber only made off with $1 billsIs a wad of $1 bills worth the possibility of up to 16 years in prison? If convicted of Level 3 felony armed robbery, a Miami County man is likely to have that thought on his mind a lot in the coming years. Devin Ewoldt, 33, Bunker Hill, was formally charged Tuesday in the Sept. 29 robbery of the Greencastle Pizza King, one of three similar incidents across western Indiana in which he accused...
Ongoing bad habits plaguing Greencastle recycling efforts2With curbside recycling available in Greencastle for more than 20 years, you’d think the basics of the process would be second nature by now. It’s pretty simple. Plastics, paper, cardboard, yes. Styrofoam, limbs, grass clippings, no. Yet the Greencastle City Council learned recently that city residents have either gotten lazy or don’t pay close attention to local recycling guidelines...
You Want It, We’ve Got ItComing at the same time as the ongoing Parke County Covered Bridge Festival, locals come peruse various arts and crafts, including homey pictures inside homemade picture frames, inside and outside the Bainbridge Town Hall Tuesday afternoon. The event held at the town hall will run through this Sunday.
- Cloverdale FFA finds success in recent competitions (10/15/19)2
- Former food services employee arrested for allegation of sexual misconduct with Putnamville offender (10/15/19)
- Rolling slowdown scheduled on I-70 early Wednesday morning (10/15/19)
- With Indianapolis Road basically done, U.S. 231 work now on radar (10/14/19)
- Putnam County Festival Choir returns, rehearsals begin Oct. 22 (10/14/19)
- Greencastle leaf pick-up gets under way Oct. 28 (10/14/19)
- ‘Meet the Candidates’ event set Oct. 21 for Bainbridge (10/14/19)
- Drug Take Back event returns to Greencastle Oct. 26 (10/14/19)
- Purdue Alumni Club to hear Norberg share stories of school’s 150 years (10/14/19)
- Phil the Need (10/14/19)
- Mounties get past Clovers in volleyball sectional openerCLOVERDALE — After Southmont won the first set over Cloverdale in Tuesday’s sectional volleyball opener, the Clovers had their best chance in the second set. The back-and-forth set saw the margin never be more than three points either way after a 12-9 Clover lead...
Guy Dean StewartGuy Dean Stewart, 54, of Greencastle, passed away on Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2019. He was born June 28, 1965 in Greencastle, the son of Gerald Lee and Charlotte (Knight) Stewart. Guy was a 1983 graduate...
William H. HatfieldWilliam H. Hatfield, 77, passed away Oct. 12, 2019 in Hartford, Ky. He was born Sept. 23, 1942, in Greencastle, son of the late Harry and Helen Wimmer Hatfield. William was a self-employed mechanical...
Jackie Jean JacksonJackie Jean Jackson, 83, Greencastle, transitioned on Saturday, Oct. 12, 2019. She was born to the late Willie Sligh and Lucy L. (Cartwright) Brousard on April 1, 1936. Jackie loved spending time...
Eric Aaron YorkEric Aaron York, 51, of Greencastle, passed away on Sunday, Oct. 13, 2019. He was born April 9, 1968 in Greencastle, the son of James A. and Vertabel A (Tweedy) York. Eric was a 1986 graduate of...
Eva Merle ButlerEva Merle Butler, 96, Ladoga, went to be with her Lord and Savior on Saturday, Oct. 12, 2019, surrounded by her family. She was born on Dec. 29, 1922, in Bainbridge to the late W. Earl Staggs and...
Court News for Oct. 15, 2019The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Charles E. Brown III, 23, Cloverdale, seat belt violation Jorge Coronado, 22, Indianapolis, improper display of license plate, no...
Court News for Oct. 12, 2019The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. James McGinnis, 40, Putnamville Correctional Facility, Level 4 felony prisoner possessing deadly weapon Joshua Hendrix, 38,...
Duplexes for Rent
Looking for pet friendly rentalI need an affordable, pet friendly (4 yr. old golden lab mix best, very polite) rental through end of school year 2020. Have references / 812-369-8141
Multi-Family Yard SaleMulti-Family Yard Sale 13 Hammond St, Greencastle. Behind GHS Fri & Sat 9-12 Lots of great stuff! Toys, sporting equipment, bikes, boys clothes, women's clothes, housewares and much more!
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health