Petitioner withdraws Ivy Trace BZA request4There will be no need for a special meeting of the Greencastle Board of Zoning Appeals on Tuesday, Aug.14. The petitioner, Bloomington-based Indiana Center for Recovery, has withdrawn its petition...
Roachdale Elementary recognized with counseling distinction1ROACHDALE -- The Indiana Department of Education recently announced that 70 schools in the state had been nationally recognized for counseling services they provide to their students. Roachdale...
VBL seeks major upgrades to water, wastewater systems1VAN BIBBER LAKE — With the assistance of state grants and the sponsorship of the Putnam County commissioners, serious utility updates could be on the horizon in the Van Bibber Lake Conservancy...
Beastly BreakfastCharacters from the Putnam County Playhouse version of the musical “Beauty and the Beast” visit with some of an estimated 50 breakfast diners at Almost Home Saturday morning.
- Fields, Hammer, Lemon featured in Aug. 20 Community Conversation (8/13/18)
- Gobin Summer Festival concludes with Phang, Salman and Edberg (8/13/18)
- Kindermusik at DePauw Marks 25th Anniversary (8/13/18)
- Dr. Callahan joins hospital pain management team (8/13/18)
- Tzouanakis third-graders create pollinator garden (8/13/18)
- Women Walk Putnam County stepping up for fifth season (8/13/18)
- Purdue’s annual land rent survey valuable tool (8/13/18)
- U.S. 231 repairs and resurfacing to begin Friday (8/13/18)1
- New DNR hunting guide available online and in print (8/13/18)
- Maybaum pleads guilty to three felonies in burglary case (8/10/18)1
- Scholar athlete: North Putnam’s White honored on DePauw Tiger Pride honor roll (8/10/18)
- Franklin picked to win HCAC; three county frosh on roster (8/10/18)
- Tiger Cubs fall at THS (8/10/18)
- Tiger Cubs fall at THS (8/9/18)
- Cougar golfers second in triangular (8/7/18)
- Eagle grad Yon named Manchester scholar-athlete candidate (8/7/18)
- SPORTS BRIEFS: Time changed for Vipers 10U baseball tryout (8/7/18)
- Landes, Aitken claim first career LPS feature wins (8/7/18)
- Athletic events begin as school resumes (8/6/18)
- Putnam Co. to OCC (7/31/18)
Mary Elizabeth NortonMary Elizabeth (Lunny) Norton died peacefully at her residence at Brookdale Senior Living in Ithaca, N.Y., on Saturday, Aug. 11, 2018, one month before her 105th birthday. She was born in Ann Arbor,...
Mackenzie Ann MeyerMackenzie Ann Meyer, 24, of Greencastle, passed away on Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2018. She was born in Findlay, Ohio, on June 10, 1994 the daughter of Michael and Brenda (Swihart) Meyer. She was a 2012...
Barbara J. TincherBarbara J. Tincher, 73, of Centerville, died Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2018, at Ambassador Healthcare. Born Nov. 17, 1944, in Lynn, Ind., to Robert M. and Lova Lucille Thomas Petry, Barbara lived in Wayne...
John Robert AndersonDr. John Robert Anderson, 90, went to his well-earned rest on Sunday, Aug. 5, 2018, surrounded by his family at his home. John accomplished much during his life. During World War II, he joined the...
Putnam Scanner for August 14, 2018 (8/13/18)County Jail Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Monday • At 12:12 a.m. John Edward Sanders, 67, Coatesville, was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated with a prior...
Putnam Scanner for August 11, 2018 (8/10/18)County Jail Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Thursday. • At 4:41 p.m. Laura Lee Mills, 66, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail for battery with bodily waste, resisting law...
Putnam Scanner for August 10, 2018 (8/9/18)County Jail Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Wednesday • At 8:45 p.m. Michael James Vance, 28, Greencastle, was taken into custody on a local warrant. • At 5:06 p.m. Billy...
Court News for August 14, 2018 (8/13/18)The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Cory E. Smith, 33, Fillmore, Level 6 felony theft, Class A misdemeanor theft Brian C. Faletic, 40, Cloverdale, Class A misdemeanor driving with a suspended license, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia...
Housekeeping Position AvailableNew Pathways Preschool is seeking an individual to assist with cleaning and light housekeeping. This position is an afternoon position (approximately 2p.m. to 5:30p.m.) Monday thru Friday, during the school year. Call 765-653-0841 or email...
Preschool Teacher WantedNew Pathways Preschool is seeking a part-time (mornings only)preschool teacher. Must have a B.S./B.A. degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or a related field. Contact 765-653-0841 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional...
Teaching Assistant WantedNew Pathways Preschool is seeking a preschool teaching assistant. (This position is available full-time or part time.) Please contact 765-653-0841 or email@example.com for additional information.
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health
- DePauw named one of '50 Most Beautiful College Campuses in America'
- Petitioner withdraws Ivy Trace BZA request
- Ivy Trace/ICR zoning issue tabled until Aug. 14
- School board cites student safety in opposition to treatment center location
- 11-year-old boy goes on joy ride, runs out of gas in Putnam County