DePauw board gives update on presidential searchPreliminary planning is under way as the DePauw University Board of Trustees begins a search for the university’s next president, the board chairman wrote in a Friday letter to the DePauw community. Kathy Patterson Vrabek wrote that board members have begun preparations for a process that will culminate in choosing a successor to Mark McCoy...
Three deputies assume new roles at sheriff’s departmentThree Putnam County sheriff’s deputies are adjusting to new roles following recent promotions announced by the Department. Deputy Riley Houghton took on his first supervisory role with the promotion to shift sergeant. He replaces Sgt. Kyle Gibbons, who is moving from supervisor on night shift to day shift...
Get ‘Em While They’re Hot!Marking the start of grilling up their legendary Legionburgers at the Putnam County 4-H Fair, volunteers from American Legion Post 58 pose by the iconic Legionburger Boy in front of its pavilion Friday morning.
Leaders striving to keep 4-H animals, members cool in heatThe air outside is reaching temperatures in the mid 90s. The heat index could flirt with 110 degrees. Experts tell us the best course of action during an excessive heat warning is to avoid unnecessary activity and stay inside. At the 2019 Putnam County 4-H Fair, which officially begins today, the show will go on, heat or no heat...
- Funding could be available for county planning updates (7/19/19)
- GCSC board meeting set for July 29 (7/19/19)
- Braun’s staff to host mobile office hours at county fair (7/19/19)
- Brazil Concert Band to highlight Broadway this Sunday (7/19/19)
- 2019 Putnam County Fair, July 19-26 (7/18/19)
- OCRA plans still advancing in Russellville (7/18/19)
- Motoring into Fair Week (7/18/19)
- Greencastle again named Tree City USA (7/18/19)
- Endeavor, Hendricks Power announce joint venture (7/18/19)
- Fillmore special meeting rescheduled for July 23 (7/17/19)
Greencastle seeking girls’ golfers; South Putnam blood drive SundayAny Greencastle High School students interested in playing girls’ golf this fall are asked to contact coach Steve Paquin at (765) 721-6709 before practice begins on Aug. 2. • South Putnam sets blood drive — South Putnam’s football team will have its annual blood drive from 1:30–6 p.m. on Sunday at the Bloodmobile at the Putnam Co. Fairgrounds...
- Nearby duo proves MLB difficulty (7/19/19)
- FEEL GOOD FRIDAY: Cloverdale’s Lotz finding way to succeed on field, in classroom and as a father (7/18/19)
- Cloverdale’s Collins four under after first round at Barbasol (7/18/19)
- DePauw women’s soccer coaches depart for Colorado youth program (7/16/19)
- Cottle claims big payday at ‘Putnamville Clash’ (7/15/19)
- North Putnam graduate enjoys camaraderie of Warrior Games (7/11/19)
- Huffman to be inducted into Northern Iowa Hall of Fame (7/11/19)
Glenn E. EdwardsGlenn E. Edwards, of Greencastle, passed away on Thursday, July 18, 2019 in Indianapolis. He was 81. Glenn was a jack of all trades. He served as an electrician, maintenance worker and truck driver....
Kathleen Lynn ‘Kathy’ WalkerKathy Walker, 63, Portland, Ore., passed away March 15, 2019. Born in Beech Grove to the parents of Donald and Joan “Lee” Walker, Kathy was raised in Greenfield and graduated from Greenfield-Central...
Henry Nathan Wallen Sr.Henry Nathan Wallen Sr., 66, of Greencastle passed away Thursday, July 11, 2019, at Hickory Creek at Sunset. Henry was born in Morgan County on Aug. 31, 1952, the son of Unis and Amanda Mae...
David Daniel StewartDavid Daniel Stewart, 80, of Danville, passed away Saturday, July 13, 2019, at his residence surrounded by his family. David was born in Coatesville on Jan. 17, 1939, the son of Otis and Hattie...
Bertie Lou DavisBertie Lou (Robinson) Davis, 79, of Roachdale/Barnard, passed away on Friday, July 12, 2019 at St Vincent Hospice in Indianapolis. She was born on June 8, 1940 to the late Andy and Percilla (Hubbard)...
Putnam Scanner for July 20, 2019County Jail Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Friday • At 3:10 a.m. Amanda Jane Alexander, 29, Brazil, was booked in for driving with a suspended license and on a local...
Putnam Scanner for July 19, 2019County Jail Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Wednesday • At 10:59 p.m. Aron J. Monnett, 35, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail on a Marion County warrant. • At 6:18 p.m....
Court News for July 19, 2019The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Angela Rae Higgins, 51, Rockville, Class A misdemeanor driving while intoxicated endangering a person, Class C...
Court News for July 17, 2019The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Samantha Nicole Hanners, 28, Greencastle, Level 6 felony battery against a public safety official, Class A misdemeanor...
Infant-Toddler Teacher WantedNew Pathways Preschool is seeking an infant-toddler teacher for the 2019-2020 school year,8:30a.m.-5p.m., M-F. Contact 653-0841 or email@example.com for information and application. Previous experience and CDA or A.A. in Early Childhood Education...
Real Estate Wanted
Land WantedLooking for approximately 4 to 12 acres of rural land for home site and non-commercial mini farm in Putnam County. Previous structures, timber, and realistic viability will happily be evaluated, as will the asking price. Please contact 765-386-6497,...
12Point Technology LLCFull time IT help needed. Prefers at least 2 year experience. Email resume with wage/salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health