North Putnam squeezes past Monrovia late; Greencastle tennis continues hot startBAINBRIDGE — After seeing an 8-3 lead disappear in the sixth, North Putnam’s softball team scored twice in the bottom half of the inning and kept Monrovia at bay to pick up its first win of the season Friday. Emma Williams hit a two-run home run and Brilye Schmitz added a solo shot in the first inning to give the hosts a 3-0 lead, only to give all three runs back by the top of the third inning...
Mad DashRain was not enough to dissuade some excited youngsters from taking their share of sweet treats during the Reelsville Volunteer Fire Department’s Easter egg hunt Saturday afternoon. Meanwhile, seven-year-old Isaac Hastings of Reelsville picks up one of his eggs...
Community center project keeps slowly moving alongAlbeit slowly, the Greencastle Community Center/YMCA project is moving along, the City Council was told at its April meeting. The next step in the project, City Attorney Laurie Hardwick reported, is going out for proposals for construction management services on the project...
Health Department to host second mass vaccination site Saturday at South PutnamThe Putnam County Health Department has announced a second mass vaccination clinic, set for Saturday, April 17 at South Putnam High School. The site will be administering the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, available to anyone 18 years and older. Second dose appointments will be necessary 28 days later...
GAC announces Adult Visual Arts Exhibit: ‘Living Local’The Greencastle Arts Council, in collaboration with the Putnam County Museum, is currently accepting submissions to the second annual Putnam County Adult Visual Arts Exhibition: “Living Local.” Deadline for online submission of work is May 16. The exhibit, which will take place at the museum, is scheduled to open on July 1 and conclude with a closing reception for the artists Sunday, Sept. 26 from 2-4 p.m. Both the exhibit and the reception are open to the public...
‘Celebrating Communal Covid Creativity’ next for virtual festival“Celebrating Communal Covid Creativity” is the theme of this week’s 7:30 p.m. Wednesday Greencastle Virtual Music Festival event, A livestreamed discussion and performance, it is available on Zoom at http://gvmf.live, simultaneously rebroadcast at facebook.com/greencastlevirtualmusic and at youtube.gvmf.live...
Indianapolis man arrested for Saturday DUI incident1An out-of-county man was arrested Saturday morning after a drunk-driving incident in which both a street sign and a mailbox were damaged. At about 7:25 a.m., Putnam County Dispatch received a report of a vehicle westbound on Veterans Memorial Highway that had disregarded the stop at the intersection with Jackson Street. It was noted that the vehicle had done so at a high rate of speed...
- Salvation Army needing advisory council volunteers (4/12/21)
- Faith, Hope & Love food distribution set Saturday (4/12/21)
- Art Walk event slated at DePauw this weekend (4/12/21)
- Kindergarten round-up dates set in Greencastle (4/12/21)
- Presbyterian Church hosts screening of new film ‘The Father’ (4/12/21)
- MHAoPC accepting 2021 nominations for annual awards (4/12/21)
- Majority of Americans want to talk about end-of-life care (4/12/21)
- Gear up for gardening (4/12/21)
- Mary Allison helps bring speaker to Area 30 (4/12/21)
- ORV accident along U.S. 36 claims life of Danville man (4/10/21)2
- Greencastle bats take care of Eminence; Tiger Cub softball gets first win; Cougars pound CovingtonEMINENCE — Greencastle’s baseball team planted a seven-spot on Eminence before strolling to a comfortable five-inning win with potential weather limiting the day to a single game on Saturday. Free bases to Brody Whitaker, Bryce Barger and Nick Sutherlin set the table for a bases-clearing double from Keifer Wilson and a 3-0 start...
- GHS tennis breezes by South Putnam; Tiger Cubs grind out win over Ritter 1Mahoney-Sutherland sets Eagle shot put mark
- Moore named NCAA Statistical Champion
- North Putnam charts new course with boys’ volleyball club (4/9/21)
- Wilson named Great Lakes Regional Athlete of the Year (4/9/21)
- FEATURED SENIOR ATHLETE: Shay Baker-Watson, Greencastle (4/9/21)
- Greencastle baseball, boys' golf snag wins; softball edged out once again (4/8/21)
- Hamilton gets first win as South Putnam beats Lebanon (4/8/21)
‘Kadeo’ Kaden William Lewis“Kadeo” Kaden William Lewis, 17, of Plainfield, passed away on Saturday, April 10, 2021. Born May 7, 2003 in Danville, he was the son of Kelly and Crystal (Sutherlin) Lewis. Kadeo was a junior at...
Sharon Kay MicallefSharon Kay Micallef, 78, passed away on Sunday, April 4, 2021 at the Olathe Hospice House House in Olathe, Kan. She was preced in death by her husband Giuseppe, father Gilbert, mother Frances,...
Robert D. WrightRobert D. Wright, 84, of Greencastle, passed away Sunday, April 11, 2021. He was born Nov. 30, 1936 to the late Claude and Doris ( Shipley) Wright. Robert served his country in the Army from 1954 to...
Vaneeda ‘Jeanine’ ChristianVaneeda “Jeanine” Christian, 83, Greencastle, passed away on Saturday, April 10, 2021 at The Waters of Greencastle. Jeanine was born in Greencastle on March 19, 1938, the daughter of Leon and Viola...
Larry Leon PiersonLarry Leon Pierson, 75, of Clayton, passed away Friday, April 9, 2021 in Greencastle. Born July 27, 1945 in Indianapolis, he was the son of W. Leon Pierson and Imogene (Kelly) Pierson. He had served...
Putnam Scanner for April 13, 2021Eight people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Sunday • At 10:17 p.m. Brandi L. Clodfelter, 39, Clayton, was lodged at the jail for possession of methamphetamine and unlawful possession...
Putnam Scanner for April 9, 2021Ten people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Wednesday • At 11:51 p.m. Harry R. Frazier, 43, Crawfordsville, was housed at the jail for driving while intoxicated. • At 12:47 p.m. Austin...
Greencastle School FoodserviceGreencastle Community Schools is looking for foodservice assistants at all schools. If you like working around children and want a rewarding job please apply. You work when children are in school and have their days off. Summer help is also...
Now Hiring Family owned Hog FarmHog Farm in Roachdale Family owned hog farm hiring for a Full time pressure washing position. No pig experience required will train the right person. Paid weekly $13.00 - $16.00 per hour MUST have a valid drivers license. MUST be...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health