Museums, artificial intelligence of future must co-exist, McCoy saysIn a world in which the past, present and future seem to be colliding at an ever-accelerating rate, places like the Putnam County Museum are vital to understanding our world, DePauw University...
Mowing added to Bainbridge police duties4BAINBRIDGE -- The Bainbridge Town Council approved Town Marshal Ronnie Campbell and Deputy Mike Downing to mow town properties and maintain town mowing equipment at the suggestion of Vice President...
City wins award for water’s tasteOfficials at the Alliance of Indiana Rural Water have found the best-tasting water in the second of four regional competitions throughout the state of Indiana. On March 14, during the Alliance of...
Bray: Three bills passed in 2018 to help battle Indiana opioid crisisThe 2018 Indiana General Assembly has unleashed a three-pronged attack on the opioid problem plaguing the state, District 37 State Sen. Rodric Bray (R-Martinsville) told a full house gathered at the...
- ‘Frankenstein’ weekend retreat to bring together scholars, readers at Prindle (3/20/18)
- Family loses everything in fire near Fincastle (3/19/18)1
- School shooting concerns heard at North Putnam (3/19/18)1
- Republic plans to change city recycling days (3/19/18)
- Spring Gleaning (3/19/18)
- Tilford Hayes reunion to aid cystic fibrosis (3/19/18)
- It’s geranium order time for Delta Theta Tau (3/19/18)
- Caring for your pond properly (3/19/18)
- Non-food Pantry sets distribution for Saturday (3/19/18)
- BIS to host Gleaners Mobile Food Truck Saturday (3/19/18)
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Moore sets pair of state FT recordsSaturday officially closed the book on Jalen Moore’s outstanding senior year in high school basketball, even though the Clovers had been eliminated from the state tourney the previous weekend. Moore entered Saturday with a one-point lead over New Albany ‘s Romeo Langford in the race to be the state’s leading scorer, and led Langford by 90 points to keep his spot with the third-highest individual scoring season in state history...
- FEATURED ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Chloe LaPierre, North Putnam (3/20/18)
- Greencastle’s Wade excited to join Wabash (3/20/18)1
- More honors for Tigers’ Howard (3/20/18)
- County rivals to team up at Manchester (3/19/18)1
- North Putnam softball opens season with win over Eels (3/19/18)
- WORKING HAND IN HAND: Donation toward wrestling mat continues bond between GHS, National Guard (3/16/18)
- Purdue victory marred by injury to Isaac Haas (3/16/18)
- Saturday high school, college basketball schedules (3/16/18)
- Cougar eighth-graders use stifling defense to top GMS (3/15/18)
- Opening run sets Clover seventh-graders on course for seventh-grade title (3/15/18)
Mikah D. LorianMikah D. Lorian, 17, passed away Saturday, March 17, 2018. He was born Oct. 3, 2000 to Kari Lorian, and she survives. Mikah was a student at Cloverdale High School. He enjoyed playing football and...
Joyce Ellen GirtonJoyce Ellen Girton, 83, of Greencastle and Daytona Beach, Fla., passed away with loved ones by her side Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at Hendricks Regional Hospital in Danville. Joyce was born May 7, 1934...
Danny Joe BumgardnerDanny Joe Bumgardner, 68, of Greencastle, passed away Thursday, March 15, 2018 at Terre Haute Regional Hospital. Danny was born in Somerset, Ky., on Dec. 27, 1949, the son of Joe and Ida (Bullock)...
Norma June MorlanNorma June Bond Morlan, 93, formerly of Reelsville, and Hopedale, Ill., passed away at 1 a.m. on Thursday, March 15, 2018 at Heritage Park Nursing Home in Upland, Calif. Norma was born Feb. 18, 1925,...
Putnam Scanner for March 21, 2018 (3/20/18)County Jail Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Monday. • Devin Ray Willard, 29, Roachdale, was lodged at the jail for probation violation. • Charles Bentley, 27, Greencastle, was...
Putnam Scanner for March 20, 2018 (3/19/18)County Jail Ten people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Sunday • At 11 p.m. Robert Lee Washburn, 37, Roachdale, was lodged at the jail for unauthorized entry of a motor vehicle. • At...
Putnam Scanner for March 17, 2018 (3/16/18)County Jail Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Thursday. • At 11:20 p.m. Kevin Jay Taylor, 56, Quincy, was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated. • At 8:32 p.m. Edward...
Court News for March 21, 2018 (3/20/18)The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Blake D. Russell, 23, Avon, Level 2 felony dealing in methamphetamine, Level 3 felony possession of methamphetamine, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine, Class A misdemeanor carrying a handgun without a license, Class A misdemeanor driving with a suspended license...
Lost & Found
LOST SHELTIE!Please HELP! Sammy, (Male Sheltie, 10-15lbs, 6 yrs old) has been missing since Wednesday night. He was last seen, at the Greencastle Park, 11:45pm Wednesday night, heading north on Bloomington St. If you seen or know his whereabouts, please contact...
Terrier Yorkshire pupsI have M&F, registered Terrier Yorkshire puppies Has had shots and wormed ready to go for free email@example.com
2005 Honda Accord Hybrid3.0L V6/Front Wheel Drive, 117.122 miles, Automatic with One owner. $2200! Call me: 8122979351
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health
- Student in custody after making threat against North Putnam High School
- Family loses everything in fire near Fincastle
- Holocaust survivor Eva Kor, local leaders Jinsie Bingham and Dorothy Brown to receive honorary DePauw degrees
- County being sued over 2017 police shooting
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: So what's next for Jalen Moore?