Handicapped parking enforcement questioned2Please do something about handicapped parking enforcement in the city, a Greencastle resident urged local officials at the June City Council meeting. Haywood Ware, who walks with a cane, said he’s tired of watching able-bodied individuals park in the handicap-accessible parking spots at places like Kroger, Walmart and TSC with no fear of punishment...
DAZE WORK: 30 years later, the question is: Are we still an All-America City?1Thirty years ago this month, a small group of Greencastle community leaders descended upon San Antonio and came home with a bit more than sunburn. There are several things I will never forget about that three-day visit deep in the heart of Texas. The first came when one of our group asked our cab driver, “Is it always this hot?”...
Development Center annual luncheon highlights year of change1As Kristin Clary and Tami VanRensselaer prepared for the annual meeting of the Greencastle/Putnam County Development Center, it wasn’t the words of some titan of industry that put the last 15 months into perspective. Instead, it was the lyrics of the Starman himself, David Bowie, blasting from the stereo that rung true...
Tri-County Bank gives $5,000 to North Putnam film effort2Passion is Beth Benedix’s middle name. Well, actually it’s Dana, but it should probably be Passion. Get into any conversation about education with Benedix, DePauw University professor and founder of The Castle, and you’ll see it. Her green eyes light up behind her tortoise shell glasses, whether she’s talking about her college students or those The Castle reaches at the county’s public schools...
NP board approves learning loss staffer description, handbooksROACHDALE — North Putnam elementary and middle-school staff are anticipating the temporary addition of a staffer who can help students who have gotten behind. At its regular meeting Thursday evening, the North Putnam School Board approved a job description for an interventionist who would provide services to help students recoup learning opportunities...
- Non-food pantry distribution set Saturday (6/21/21)
- Gleaners drive-through set Saturday in Bainbridge (6/21/21)
- Open Class returning to Putnam County Fair (6/21/21)
- May Phang to appear in concert Wednesday night (6/21/21)
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Friday-evening crash (6/19/21)
- Storm cell drops 2.25-inch hail in southern Putnam County (6/19/21)
- Baby also dead after S.R. 42 collision last Tuesday (6/19/21)3
- Public Works truck involved in collision in front of City Hall (6/18/21)2
- INDOT to host hearing Wednesday on U.S. 231 project (6/18/21)
- UPDATED: Two dead after S.R. 42 head-on collision Tuesday (6/17/21)7
- Bart Jochim tabbed to lead North Putnam athletic departmentBAINBRIDGE – With just a few days until the new IHSAA school year kicks in, North Putnam filled its athletic director position Thursday evening when the school board approved Bart Jochim for the position. Jochim comes from Southmont Middle School where he spent 16 years, teaching and coaching football, wrestling and track for 13 years before becoming the athletic director for the middle school for two years...
- Mahoney-Sutherland keeps it in the family at DePauw University (6/21/21)
- Kirkhoff departs Greencastle, takes over at Whiteland (6/21/21)
- Matt Pickerill tabbed to take over South Putnam boys’ basketball team (6/17/21)
- FEATURED SENIOR ATHLETE: Ava McHugh, South Putnam (6/17/21)
- Dean moves on to Fountain Central, Turpen holds steady (6/17/21)
- WCYB 6u Champs (6/17/21)
- Becca St. Germain named DePauw's Amy Hasbrook Award winner (6/17/21)
Mark Gene O’HairMark Gene O’Hair, 58, of Russellville, passed away Thursday, June 17, 2021 at his residence. Mark was born in Greencastle on Nov. 5, 1962, the son of Michael Gene and Janet (Albin) O’Hair. He was a...
Thelma Marie FulfordThelma Marie Fulford, 90, of Springfield, Fla., formerly of Greencastle and Shelburn, passed away on Saturday, June 19, 2021 at home with her family by her side. She was born on Sept. 11, 1930 in...
Ralph W. NicholsRalph W. Nichols, 67, of Greencastle, passed away on Saturday, June 12, 2021. He was born Jan. 9, 1954 to the late Ralph and Marcella (Poole) Nichols. He is survived by his children, Matt (Andrea)...
Donald Eugene HoskinsDonald Eugene Hoskins, 79, of Greencastle passed away Saturday, June 19, 2021, at his residence surrounded by his family. Donald was born in Putnam County on April 19, 1942, the son of Pearl and Edna...
Robert E. O’NealRobert E. O’Neal, 72, of Farmersburg, passed away at 7:35 a.m. Thursday, June 3, 2021 in Gibson Family Center for Hospice Care, Terre Haute. He was born Dec. 14, 1948 in Greencastle to Marion E....
Putnam Scanner for June 22, 2021Eight people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Monday • At 2:50 a.m. Brian A. Player, 31, Frankfort, was lodged at the jail on a warrant. Sunday • At 11:35 p.m. Sigmund A. Croan, 28,...
Putnam Scanner for June 18, 2021Eight people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Thursday • At 1:21 a.m. Coty A. Gray, 26, Indianapolis, was booked in on a local warrant for theft. Wednesday • At 2:13 p.m. Samantha J....
Hobbies & Crafts
The Candle & More BarnNew Business. The Candle & More Barn is now open. We have candles, jewelry, skin care, gifts. Located at 3183 W CR 450 S, Greencastle IN. 765-720-5433. Hours of operation are MWFS 1 pm -5 pm
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health