Legislators unsure about 2019 hate crimes bill passageThe governor wants it. Economic development pros do, too. But that doesn’t mean passage of a hate crimes law is going to happen during the current session of the Indiana General Assembly. And judging...
Couple makes $6.25 million gift commitment for centennial Rector Scholarship initiativeIn support of DePauw University’s commitment to the success of each student, an anonymous alumni couple has used estate planning to document their future gift for the Rector Scholarship endowment....
New partner family selected for Habitat spring home buildThe sound of hammers and power tools will be heard this spring during the build of a Habitat home for Chase Hubbard, Olivia Hoagland and their two children in Greencastle. Selecting a partner family...
Transformers invites community members to ‘Walk a Mile in My Shoes’Should I buy food or school supplies? Is it too cold to sleep in the car tonight? Do I go to work today or go to the food panty? Some of our neighbors are faced with these choices on a daily basis....
- Jan. 26 Non-Food Pantry distribution set (1/21/19)
- Bees topic for next Master Gardeners meeting (1/21/19)
- Gleaners Food Truck in Bainbridge this Saturday (1/21/19)
- Trooper escapes serious injury as vehicle struck by semi on I-70 (1/21/19)
- Lego event at Putnam County Museum Jan. 27 set as food drive (1/21/19)
- Tiny towns Tippin topic for Thursday program at museum (1/21/19)
- Winter Storm Warning issued for Putnam County (1/18/19)
- Learn to play bridge Mondays at the library (1/18/19)
- Chicken Fried (1/18/19)1
- City’s out-of-pocket cost on bandshell $65,000 (1/18/19)
- County swimmers succeed at WIC meetTERRE HAUTE — The Western Indiana Conference swimming meet was Friday at the Wabash Valley Aquatic Center, having been moved up a day due to expected bad weather on Saturday. Greencastle finished second to Cascade in the women’s team standings, while South Putnam was third and North Putnam was sixth...
- Overstreet, Carrington, Theis win WIC wrestling titles (1/21/19)
- Wilson wins collegiate meet; county players chosen for WVFCA game (1/21/19)
- Cloverdale girls rejoin Class 2A rankings at No. 10 (1/21/19)
- Mid-week girls' basketball previews (1/21/19)
- Cubs-BC, North-South have rematches set (1/21/19)
- Greencastle boys slated to play in 10-team event (1/21/19)
- Collins ties for 55th in Desert Open (1/21/19)
- DePauw sweeps Kenyon; men host Wittenberg Wednesday (1/21/19)
- CLOVER POWER: Double-OT win at Northview brings first-ever WIC title (1/20/19)
- Whitaker’s 27 points lead No. 12 Cubs past SV (1/19/19)
Paul Samuel TesmerPaul Samuel Tesmer, 49, of Greencastle, passed away on Monday, Jan. 21, 2019 surrounded by family. He was born May 28, 1969 in Greencastle, the son of Jerry and Marcia (Woods) Tesmer. Paul worked at...
Daniel S. Newton Sr.Daniel S. Newton Sr., 49, of Cloverdale, went to be with the Lord on Monday, Jan. 21, 2019. He was born June 5, 1969 in Terre Haute to William and Judith (Waldbeiser) Newton. He married Jill...
Richard Leon MurphyRichard Leon Murphy, 85, of Greencastle, passed away Friday, Jan. 18, 2019, at IU Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. Richard was born in Greencastle on Nov. 6, 1933, the son of Lawrence and Florence...
Alma Sue HaltomAlma Sue Haltom, 56, of Cloverdale, went to be with the Lord Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019. She was born in Brazil, Ind., on Sept. 19, 1962 to Stanley and Anna Lucas. She married Marvin Haltom on June 9,...
Putnam Scanner for January 22, 2019 (1/21/19)City Fire The Greencastle Fire Department responded to seven recent dispatches: • At 6:11 p.m. on Friday, GFD was dispatched to 313 E. Hanna St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived at 6:15 and...
Putnam Scanner for January 19, 2019 (1/18/19)County Jail Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Friday • At 12:05 a.m. Lectie Ruth Stidham, 50, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant. Thursday • At 10:10...
Putnam Scanner for January 18, 2019 (1/17/19)County Jail Six people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Wednesday * At 2:35 p.m. Ravinder Singh Bains, 29, Pittsburgh, Calif., was housed at the jail for dealing in marijuana, hash...
Court News for January 22, 2019 (1/21/19)The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Citations and Infractions Cole Whetsel, 16, Greencastle, disregarding stop sign Cindy M. Corrie, 60, Poland, driving a vehicle on a transferred plate for more than 30 days Joseph Froedge, 29, Indianapolis, driving without financial responsibility...
Firewood For SaleFirewood for sale 60 dumped delivery 80 stacked within 10 miles extra charge after call or txt 4637014624
Local dog walkerCertified Dog Walker. Due to demand Greencastle area only Enhanced background check with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. Wherever you desire your dog to be walked is where we will go! From a brisk walk around the...
FREE Legal Advice Clinic (Next Date: Tuesday, 1/8)The Putnam County Counsel in the Courts Program provides FREE legal advice and help with documents and court filings the first Tuesday of every month at the Putnam County Courthouse from 5-7pm. Experienced attorneys will be happy to sit down and...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health