Jones School purchase agreement extendedWhen the Putnam County Commissioners agreed in principle last August to sell the former Jones School to a developer for senior housing, the sale was contingent upon clearing two hurdles. So far,...
Denard to keynote April 24 symposiumThe founder and director of the Toni Morrison Society will visit DePauw University on Tuesday, April 24 to discuss “Harlem on My Mind: Music, Narrative and Meaning in Toni Morrison’s Jazz.” The...
Four locations set for next Saturday’s Drug Take Back DayDrug Take Back Day is scheduled for Saturday, April 28 in Greencastle from 9 a.m. to noon at the upper parking lot at Greencastle High School, 910 E. Washington St. Meanwhile, this year for the first...
Woodall seeking 2nd term as county commissionerRick Woodall of Greencastle is seeking re-election in the District 2 Commissioner race. A lifelong resident of Putnam County and graduate of South Putnam, he has been married to his bride of 31 years...
- Princess Story Time Tuesday at the Library
- Business After Hours set Tuesday at Ivy Tech
- Monday Dine with a Doc effort to feature Andrea Baysinger at Area 30
- Indiana inmates prepare greyhounds for life beyond racing
- Seniors make final appearance with DePauw and GMS Jazz Ensembles Wednesday night
- Community members to march in solidarity against racism 1
- GHS again sending four academic teams to state Super Bowl finals (4/19/18)
- Deconstruction open house and community take-away event Saturday (4/19/18)3
- Downtown beautification, cemetery flowers receive City Council boost (4/19/18)
- Scott Stockton seeking second term as sheriff (4/19/18)
- PREP ROUNDUP: Clovers pick up sweep over CougarsCLOVERDALE — Cloverdale hosted North Putnam in baseball and softball on Thursday evening, picking up victories in both games. In baseball, the Clovers got six runs in the second inning and seven more in the third in cruising to a 15-1 victory. Parker Watts had a double, single and three RBI to lead the Clovers at the plate, while Jaren Rossok had a single, two RBI and three runs scored, Nick Winders had a single, run scored and three RBI, Tyce Jackson had a single, two RBI and a run scored and Braydon Blevins added two RBI and two runs scored.. ...
- PREP ROUNDUP: South Putnam rolls past Cubs 11-1 in baseball (4/17/18)1
- SP softball squad wins, stays unbeaten in WIC (4/17/18)
- FEATURED ATHLETE OF THE WEEEK: Dylan Crum, South Putnam (4/17/18)1
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Desire to be closer to home important factor for departing Tiger Cub boss (4/16/18)
- PREP ROUNDUP: Wilson sets another meet record in Flashes Showcase (4/16/18)
- SPORTS BRIEFS: Tiger Cubs plan painting event (4/16/18)
- Putnam County baseball, softball tourneys postponed by rain (4/15/18)
- Winslow excited to continue career with Grizzlies (4/13/18)
- PREP ROUNDUP: Eagles battle tough Edgewood squad to 9-3 decision (4/13/18)
- SPRING PREVIEW: Bennett leads veteran Tiger Cub golf team (4/13/18)
Carol L. BeemerCarol L. (Stutz) Beemer, 68, of Greencastle, (raised in Spencer), passed away unexpectedly Monday, April 16, 2018 in Port Charlotte, Fla. Carol was born in Greencastle on March 2, 1950 to Warren and...
Karen Dawn SutherlinKaren Dawn Sutherlin, 61, of Brazil, passed away at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis, while surrounded by family, on April 19, 2018. Karen was born on Jan. 11, 1957, in Brazil, the daughter of...
Juanita Virginia MeekJuanita Virginia Meek, 87, of Cloverdale, went to be with the Lord Wednesday, April 18, 2018. She was born March 26, 1931 to the late Merle and Nina (Greene) Johnson. Juanita married Claude Edmund...
Josh Allen LongJosh Allen Long, 38, of Roachdale, passed away on Monday, April 16, 2018 in Lafayette. He was born on July 5, 1979 to Steven Long and Brenda (Cook) Sams in Danville, Ind. On Oct. 21, 2000 he married...
Putnam Scanner for April 21, 2018 (4/20/18)County Jail Four people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Thursday. • At 3:04 p.m. Brandi Lynn Callahan, 42, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant. • At 2:56 p.m. Alisha Marie...
Putnam Scanner for April 20, 2018 (4/19/18)County Jail Seven people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Wednesday • At 6:42 p.m. Wendy Jo Niehaus, 41, Cloverdale, was housed at the jail on a writ of body attachment. • At 3:03 p.m....
Putnam Scanner for April 17, 2018 (4/16/18)County Jail Nine people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Sunday • At 11:46 p.m. Michael James Fields Jr., 48, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail for possession of methamphetamine, on...
Court News for April 21, 2018 (4/20/18)The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Christopher Webster, 33, Greencastle, Level 5 felony trafficking with an inmate, habitual offender enhancement Daniel A. Taylor, 21, Coatesville, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine, Class A misdemeanor resisting law enforcement and two counts of Class A misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance...
Free Construction EstimatesCall Bret Hurley Construction today for all your construction needs! 765-653-1325 FREE ESTIMATES.
Hire a Professional DJ for Your EventPPZ Music Mobile DJ Service offers your best entertainment investment for your wedding, party, or any occasion. Featuring a full sound and lighting system, and music/karaoke to suit any taste. Extremely experienced and professional (started in...
Houses for Rent
3 bedroom 1.5 bath house for rent-Greencastle$750 a month plus utilities. 3 Bedroom 1.5 bath house with an attached one car garage. Must have references. First months rent and deposit required. Contact for application. Available in July.
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health
- Students protest Jenna Fischer talk over recent incidents at DePauw
- Gov. Holcomb talks state goals over sweet rolls
- Wanted since 2003, Putnam County duo arrested in Florida
- More incidents spark stern response from DPU president
- Report of children playing in street results in father's arrest at Cloverdale