BW3 fundraiser for Habitat set WednesdayBuffalo Wild Wings, 1310 Indianapolis Rd., Greencastle will host a fundraiser for Putnam County Habitat for Humanity on Wednesday, Feb. 28. Between 6 and 9 p.m. Buffalo Wild Wings will donate a...
Firewood program extended at Shades, Turkey RunThe public can cut certain downed trees in designated areas at Shades and Turkey Run state parks for firewood through March 31. Trees eligible for firewood have fallen as a result of natural causes...
Drug issues, fire safety dominate ‘Conversation’Greencastle’s police and fire chiefs were all about saving lives Tuesday as they met the public for the fourth edition of the Community Conversation series sponsored by the Greencastle League of...
Almost Home hosts Youth Philanthropy Night fundraiserFor the eighth year in a row, a favorite event of the Putnam County Community Foundation’s Youth Philanthropy Committee is approaching. Almost Home Restaurant will host Youth Philanthropy Night on...
- Putnamville inmate facing additional felonies for Feb. 9 assaults (2/22/18)
- Serving Up Success (2/22/18)
- UPDATE: Bicyclist killed in vehicle crash on SR 243 near Lieber SRA (2/20/18)
- Fire ravages Frazier Street home (2/20/18)3
- Area 30 Robotics (2/20/18)
- 20 students initiated into Tri-M at GMS (2/20/18)
- Sutherlin: We can’t say ‘it won’t happen here’ (2/20/18)
- Meeting shines light on growth of Main Street (2/20/18)
- Actress/author Jenna Fischer of 'The Office' coming to DePauw for April 17 Ubben Lecure (2/20/18)
- Baird honors South Putnam, Indiana FFA students (2/20/18)
- Haywood dives way to state finals1Many participants would have been frustrated to ride nearly an hour on a bus to an athletic competition, only to have the event postponed a day to require a return trip. For South Putnam freshman Lee Haywood, such a scenario played out this week — but he didn’t mind a bit...
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Hoop season rapidly drawing to conclusion (2/22/18)
- Ex-Clover coach Kiley inducted into HOF (2/22/18)1
- DePauw women to host NCAC semifinals, eyeing NCAA bid (2/22/18)
- Tonight's high school basketball game capsules (2/22/18)
- Cubs get win over WIC champs (2/20/18)
- DePauw women win, men beaten in NCAC tournament (2/20/18)
- Eagles peak at right time with 68-45 victory (2/20/18)
- Clovers wind up season with hard-fought win (2/20/18)
- FEATURED ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: T.J. Hagymasi, Cloverdale (2/20/18)
- South Putnam claims best-ever swimming sectional finish (2/20/18)
Mary Frances FullerMary Frances Fuller, 87, of Lafayette, passed away on Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018. She was born Aug. 20, 1930 in Greencastle, the daughter of Franklin J. and Eva R. (Cox) Torr. She was a 1948 graduate of...
Ardella MelvinArdella Melvin, 72, Greencastle, passed away in her home on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018 after a lengthy battle with cancer. Ardella was born Sept. 17, 1945 in Greencastle to Everett and Ethel Shepherd,...
William R. HillWilliam R. Hill, 91, passed away Friday, Feb. 16, 2018. He was born Aug. 25, 1926 to late William Raymond Hill and Ruby Violet (Anderson) Hill. He is survived by his wife, Margaret Jeane...
Troni Bruce MillerTroni Bruce Miller, 60, Greencastle, passed away early Monday morning, Feb. 19, 2018 at his residence surrounded by his family. Troni was born in Putnam County on Dec. 3, 1957, the son of Raymond...
Putnam Scanner for Feb. 23, 2018 (2/22/18)City Police One arrest was reported Tuesday by Greencastle City Police officers. • At 1:45 p.m., Chase Duff, 21, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Kyle Lee in the 400 block of Anderson Street...
Putnam Scanner for Feb 21, 2018 (2/20/18)County Jail Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Tuesday • At 4:10 a.m. Robert Corey Frietzsche, 30, Quincy, was lodged at the jail on a Jennings County warrant for failure to...
Putnam Scanner for Feb. 20, 2018 (2/19/18)County Jail Eight people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Monday • At 3:42 a.m. Donald Glen Bishop Jr., 32, Fillmore, was lodged at the jail as a habitual traffic offender. Sunday • At...
Court News for Feb. 23, 2018 (2/22/18)The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Christopher C. Hamm, 27, Greencastle, Level 5 felony battery resulting in bodily injury Michael A. Anderson, 24, Cloverdale, Class B misdemeanor possession of marijuana, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia...
Newspaper Delivery RouteGreencastle Area Indianapolis Star delivery route available. Starts around midnight, every night, around 30-35 hours week, approx. $425 +/- paid weekly. Must have reliable vehicle, valid driver's license & cell phone. Ability to read...
Newfoundland dog for saleYear and a half full blooded newfie must go to good home only for any questions please call 765 721 5864
Newfoundland dog for saleYear and a half full blooded newfie any must go to good home only for any questions please call 765 721 5864
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health
- UPDATE: Bicyclist killed in vehicle crash on SR 243 near Lieber SRA
- Fire ravages Frazier Street home
- Man taken into custody after domestic disturbance at Marion Township residence
- Greencastle man, 20, charged in drug case that led to IU frat closure
- Rockville woman arrested after her car strikes ISP vehicle in Greencastle
Latest State & Nation News