Social media topic of next Community ConversationSocial media networks have swarmed over American culture, bringing both new opportunities and numerous drawbacks. “Social Media: A Double-Edged Sword” will look at how social media has impacted the nation’s human interactions. This Community Conversation will take place at the Putnam County Public Library on Monday, Aug. 26 at 6:30 p.m...
Angry SkiesComing off of the storm that rolled through Sunday evening, heavy rainfall struck Putnam County once again early Tuesday afternoon. However, this one came with very strong wind gusts that brought down several trees and power lines in the area. Emergency personnel secure one such scene near where Indiana Street and Shadowlawn Avenue meet as a large tree is suspended precariously over the roadway...
Dine with a Doc set for Aug. 26Senior Education Ministries will present another monthly installment of Dine with a Doc on Monday, Aug. 26 from 10 a.m to noon at the Putnam County Hospital. Dine with a Doc is a free community-based program that welcomes the local senior public to hear an educational topic while enjoying a complimentary lunch...
Land of Make BelieveBanished to the from the kingdom by the wicked and vain Lord Farquaad, fairy tale creatures find themselves in the swamp where the ogre Shrek has previously lived alone in the Putnam County Playhouse production of “Shrek the Musical.”
- POET to ‘idle production’ at Cloverdale plant (8/20/19)
- Humane society offers feral cat program (8/20/19)
- Cox family reunion set for Aug. 25 (8/20/19)
- Phelps family reunion planned for Sept. 8 (8/20/19)
- Congressmen Baird, Mast, Crenshaw to headline fundraiser together (8/20/19)
- Heavy rainfall overall factor in Sunday evening crashes (8/19/19)
- Putnam 4-H’ers fair well at Indiana State Fair (8/19/19)
- Greencastle Music Fest going all out with two-day event (8/19/19)
- Greencastle Hometown Dental celebrates new dentist, expanded space, 10 years (8/19/19)
- Above and Beyond (8/19/19)
- FOOTBALL PREVIEW: Tiger Cubs looking to fill many open spots with eager candidatesGreencastle had one of its best-ever stretches of football success over the past three seasons, winning at least seven games each year and compiling a 24-9 record overall. Recognizable names such as Gavin Bollman, Trever Wood (Millikin), Trey Wood (Taylor), Damon Moody and Alex Costin all graduated and will pave the way for a new batch of standouts to take their places...
Paul Ray BreecePaul Ray Breece, 60, of Roachdale (Indianapolis), passed away on Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2019, surrounded by his loving family and friends. He was born on Oct. 8, 1958, in Indianapolis, to the late Paul T....
Rev. Charles Edward WoodRev. Charles E. Wood, 91, of Greencastle, passed away on Sunday, Aug. 18, 2019. He was born Nov. 18, 1927 in Vincennes, the son of Harvey Travis and Clara (Freshly) Wood. He was a veteran, having...
Richard Lee ConradRichard Lee Conrad, 88, of Greencastle, passed away Friday, Aug. 16, 2019 at Asbury Towers. Richard was born in Greencastle on Dec. 28, 1930, the son of Lester and Helen (Turner) Conrad. He was a...
William Leroy HancockWilliam Leroy Hancock, 49, of Greencastle, passed away on Friday, Aug. 16, 2019 at Mill Pond Health Campus in Greencastle from complications of a long illness. Will was born in Indianola, Miss. on...
Odetta Lynn ‘Dee’ LoweOdetta Lynn “Dee” Lowe, age 73, Coatesville, passed away Thursday evening, Aug. 15, 2019 at Hendricks Regional Health. She was born in Brazil on March 29, 1946, the daughter of James and Janet Lynn...
Putnam Scanner for August 21, 2019County Jail Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Tuesday • At 1:44 a.m. Addie Catherine Reeves, 18, Fillmore, was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated, possession...
Putnam Scanner for August 20, 2019County Jail Nine people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Sunday • At 1:45 p.m. Shane J. Waugh, 43, Roachdale, was lodged at the jail for intimidation and disorderly conduct. • At 11:55...
Court News for August 21, 2019The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Shane J. Waugh, 43, Roachdale, Level 6 felony intimidation Devin M. Keuthan, 20, Terre Haute, Class C misdemeanor...
Court News for August 20, 2019The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases David A. Fender, 38, Bloomington, Level 5 felony possession of a narcotic drug, Level 6 felony possession of...
Did You Lose or Was Your Bicycle Stolen?We found a nice bicycle on 8/3/19. If you call and can accurately describe this bicycle, we will be happy to return it to it's owner. Call (765)247-9937 (leave message), or (765)247-9111 (leave message if no answer)
Pizza King is Hiring!Pizza King of Greencastle is currently looking for drivers, kitchen help and waitstaff. Please apply between 4 pm and 9 pm any day of the week at the restaurant located at 400 S Bloomington St.
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health