Greencastle trick-or-treat effort again set for Halloween nightKeeping with tradition, neighborhood door-to-door trick-or-treating in Greencastle will be Sunday, Oct. 31 from 5-8 p.m., the City Council agreed Thursday night. Mayor Bill Dory stressed that city officials are only responsible for approving the door-to-door activity in city neighborhoods...
Bill Fenlon announces retirement following 2021-22 seasonBill Fenlon, the winningest head coach in DePauw men’s basketball history, announced Thursday that the 2021-22 season will be his final year of coaching at DePauw. A national search for his replacement will begin later in the season. “Being the head coach at DePauw University has been the great good fortune of my life,” said Fenlon. ...
Failed appeal should bring 2017 home invasion case to a close1In declining to hear an appeal from one of four men convicted in a 2017 Madison Township home invasion, the Indiana Supreme Court appears to have put a close to the four-year saga. In 2018, Putnam Circuit Court Judge Matt Headley sentenced Justin Cherry, 32, formerly of Indianapolis, to 72 years in prison for his role in an April 2017 home invasion in which he and three other defendants held an elderly couple at gunpoint and ransacked their home...
Wood and Tennessee streets open for local access; Round Barn Road closure starts Oct. 18The City of Greencastle announced Thursday that Wood and Tennessee streets are now open on a limited basis for local access traffic. Through traffic should continue to avoid the area. Citizens are still are advised to use caution as the contractor will be completing some miscellaneous final work in the next few weeks. Overhead utility work is also wrapping up on the north side of Tennessee Street...
Bainbridge man arrested after two-county pursuitMANHATTAN — A Bainbridge man was arrested without incident Wednesday evening following a pursuit across parts of two counties. Frank Roche, 31, led police on a chase from the Brazil Walmart to just south of Manhattan in Putnam County before surrendering himself...
- Cloverdale Schools to promote new community platform (10/14/21)1
- Family Support Services works to reduce the stigma of domestic violence (10/14/21)
- Lighting options considered for Doe Creek subdivision (10/14/21)1
- Supporting Transformers (10/14/21)
- Best Ribs (10/14/21)
- Second Saturday returns for Halloween fun (10/14/21)
- Residents urged to take part in Putnam County Park Board community survey (10/14/21)
- Deadline for paid House internships approaches (10/14/21)
- Ivy Tech Greencastle to offer leadership training for new managers (10/14/21)
- Greencastle Arts Council announces Putnam Visual Arts Exhibit winners (10/13/21)1
- FEATURED SENIOR ATHLETE: Katie Fry, North PutnamKatie is a senior at North Putnam and participates in two sports, cross country and track and field. ——— Banner Graphic: How important are sports to you, and what have you learned from them? Katie Fry: “Sports are definitely important to me but I’m also involved in a lot of other things. ...
- Football Friday: Cougars, Tiger Cubs meet in final county clash; Eagles take on Miners in marquee matchup
- North Putnam knocks out defending champs Parke Heritage (10/14/21)
- Clovers swept by Cadets in sectional opener (10/14/21)
- Cloverdale-Owen Valley football game cancelled (10/13/21)
- South Putnam shrugs off sluggish sectional start against Southmont to advance (10/13/21)
- IHSAA Football Sectional Draws (10/12/21)
- Fourth-quarter rally sparks North Putnam past Brown County (10/11/21)
Betty Jean AlleeBetty Jean Allee, 85, of Reelsville, passed away on Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2021. Born Dec. 22, 1935 in Tazwell County, Va., she was the daughter of John K. and Lera M. (Whitt) Stinson. She married Robert...
Buddy SpiresBuddy Spires, age 86, of Heritage Lake, passed away on Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2021. Buddy was born Sept. 26, 1935 in Lincolnton, Ga., the son of Horace and Lillian (Glaze) Spires. He was a Navy veteran....
Monice Annette BuisMonice Annette Buis, 56, of Roachdale, passed away on Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at Ascension Saint Vincent Hospital in Carmel. Monice was born in Greencastle on Oct. 25, 1964, the daughter of...
Cherryl Rose CrawfordOn April 24, 2021, Cherryl Rose Crawford, age 72, peacefully entered into eternal life with our Savior Jesus Christ. She was devoted to her family and she is dearly missed by all. A celebration and...
Brenda Joyce BowmanBrenda Joyce Bowman, 71, of Cloverdale, gained her angel wings on Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2021, while surrounded by loving family at her residence. She was one of eight children born to the late Thomas...
Putnam Scanner for Oct. 15, 2021Seventeen people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Thursday • At 12:13 a.m. Jerry A. Fox, 52, Stilesville, was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated. Wednesday • At 5:55 p.m....
Putnam Scanner for Oct. 12, 2021Six people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Thursday • At 11:11 p.m. Kenneth R. Baird, 57, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail for probation violation. • At 10:21 p.m. Carole M....
Court News for Oct. 15, 2021The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Timothy Jackson, 32, Putnamville Correctional Facility, Level 4 felony prisoner possessing a deadline weapon Ira Brown, 29,...
Court News for Oct. 12, 2021The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Larry L. Watters, 36, Terre Haute, three counts of Level 6 felony battery against a public safety official, Class A misdemeanor...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health