Floyd Township road to close for bridge workBeginning Friday, County Road 400 East in Floyd Township will be closed for 30 days, the Putnam County Highway Department announced.. The road will be closed between County Road 375 North and 500...
Judge Headley, sheriff’s department warn of jury duty scamPutnam Circuit Court Judge Matthew Headley and the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department are warning of a new scam attempt making the rounds locally. Scammers have been calling local residents claiming...
Clarke to run for Clay County prosecutorBRAZIL — The daughter of Putnam County Prosecutor Tim Bookwalter is hoping to follow in her dad’s footsteps one county away. Emily Clarke announced Monday night that she is running for Clay County...
‘Live Local, Think Global’ at PCPLThe “Live Local, Think Global” series at the Putnam County Public Library will welcome Erin Huang Wednesday, Sept. 20 at 6:30 p.m. Huang will discuss issues facing animals and how people can get...
- St. Paul’s Ladies Guild to host rummage, bake sale
- Jazz at the Duck jam session set Thursday
- Suspicious vehicle along I-70 leads troopers to meth and ginseng (9/18/17)
- DePauw Fall Gala introduced for Family Weekend (9/18/17)
- Robinson Midwest tour includes stop at Wasser (9/18/17)
- Cloverdale moving forward on Downtown Revitalization (9/18/17)
- ‘Boiler Bridge’ visiting Cloverdale (9/18/17)
- Adult and Child Neurology now at PCH (9/18/17)
- At the Library: Sept. 18-22 (9/18/17)
- Four Clay County students taken to hospital after SUV-bus crash (9/18/17)
- Rebuilt Tiger Cubs defend WIC boys' tennis titleTRAFALGAR — Greencastle boys’ tennis coach Kevin Rowe knew he would have a tough time rebuilding his team, with only one returning player from last year’s conference and sectional champs. Sean Ramey at No. 1 singles, who excelled at No. 2 singles last year behind Jed Fajt, was the only returner...
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Fallen wrestler earned respect from all who knew him (9/18/17)1
- PREP ROUNDUP: Tiger Cub golfers advance; Shrum, Dixon also moving on (9/18/17)
- DePauw airs out 55-28 NCAC win (9/18/17)
- Harris claims $4,000 payday in ‘Patriot 100’ UMP race (9/18/17)
- Moody, Cubs rout Cascade 37-0 (9/16/17)
- Eagles miss out on chances, fall 21-0 to Edgewood (9/16/17)
Editorial: Give INDOT credit for getting it right (9/14/17)The Indiana Department of Transportation often finds itself as a lightning rod for criticism. Want a go-to way to make fun of too little work getting done by too many workers? Compare them to the State Highway Dept. Mad about how road or bridge construction is being handled? Blame INDOT...
EDITORIAL: Give freely — but don’t be fooled (8/31/17)Sympathy — it’s a natural and healthy reaction for any of us to have when we see images of suffering either in person or from afar. But when the images of Hurricane Harvey are from 1,000 miles away, what are we supposed to do? There must be a way to help...
Helen L. Brown WebbHelen L. Brown Webb, 84, Indianapolis, passed away on Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2017. On Wednesday, Sept. 20 at 1 p.m. there will be a celebration of life service at Gobin Memorial United Methodist Church,...
Joseph JanuaryJoseph January, 93, of Reelsville, passed away Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017 at his residence Joseph was born in Vicksburg, Miss., on July 26, 1924, the son of LeRoi “Lee” and Mary (Reeves) January, and...
Bud BemisBud Bemis, a former long-time resident of Greencastle, gently slipped this mortal coil on Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017 at 89 years young. A happy, rambunctious man throughout his life, he honestly came...
Harry Ralph LudlowIt is with great sadness that the family of Harry Ludlow announces his passing on Sunday, Sept. 10, 2017, at the age of 68 after battling cancer. Harry will lovingly be remembered by his wife of 46...
Putnam Scanner for Sept. 18, 2017 (9/18/17)County Jail Nine people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Sunday • At 11:34 p.m. Teresa Diane Wallen, 41, Brownsburg, was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated. • At 12:33...
Putnam Scanner 9-16-17 (9/15/17)Seven people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Thursday. • At 7:05 p.m. Geri Danyel Capps, 27, Fillmore, was lodged at the jail for theft. • At 5:44 p.m. Leanna Marie Boles, 25, Greencastle,...
Putnam Scanner for Sept. 13, 2017 (9/12/17)Three people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Monday. • At 2:12 p.m. Jodi Lynn (Burch) Shelton, 37, Reelsville, was lodged at the jail on a court order. • At 11:53 a.m. Anthony Justin Dodson,...
Court News 9-16-17 (9/15/17)The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Cody Austin Batchelor, 22, Greencastle, Class A misdemeanor theft, Class A misdemeanor criminal trespass Brittany L. Henry, 26, Harker Heights, Texas, Class A misdemeanor theft Ryan A. Romandine, 24, Greencastle, Class A misdemeanor driving with a suspended license...
Farm HelpFull time with paid days off. Grain and livestock farm. Experience required operating equipment. Benifits available for the righ person. Email your qualifications and contact information to. email@example.com.
Full and Part Time Help WantedProgressive Family Farm with locations in Brazil and Cloverdale Indiana looking for full and part time help in swine production. Assisting with birthing of piglets, general care and feeding of animals, artificial insemination and other tasks related...
Apartments - Unfurnished
Small affordable upstairs apartment available Oct 1stThis is an upper level apartment in Greencastle, with one or two bedrooms (it has a strange floor plan, which I guess is why it's typically rented by one person). There is a large amount of closet space, so you could have a space for a...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health