Winter Weather Advisory: Snow overnight may turn to sleet, freezing rainA Winter Weather Advisory is in effect for Putnam County and most of Indiana Tuesday night through Wednesday morning. An expanding area of high pressure will produce clearing skies late tonight. But a surge in warmer, moist air north will overrun the cold layer and spread into central Indiana late Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, causing snow to develop overnight. That snow will later become mixed with sleet and freezing rain as temperatures rise...
Halfway There1Continuing his 100-mile walk in honor of both his late grandfather and fellow student Tyler Trent, Purdue University junior Aaron Lai could be seen making his way south toward Greencastle from Brick Chapel Monday evening.
Woman airlifted, three others injured, in Waterworks Hill crash2A Greencastle woman had to be extricated and flown to an Indianapolis hospital following a two-vehicle crash on Waterworks Hill shortly after noon on Monday. A Crawfordsville man and two children in his car were taken to Putnam County Hospital by ambulance. Multiple emergency agencies were dispatched to Waterworks Hill at 12:04 p.m. for what was described as a serious crash with one overturned vehicle...
Not YetThough it was hoped the newly dubbed MaCaronis Grill would finally be ready to give Cloverdale residents another eat-out option, owner Pedro Hernandez and company were still renovating the former Wendy’s restaurant Sunday afternoon.
- Non-Food Pantry to distribute items Saturday (2/18/19)
- The joys of identifying birds (2/18/19)
- Hate crimes bill again dominates Legislative Update discussion (2/18/19)1
- Barbecue fundraiser set for youth basketball (2/18/19)
- Gleaners Food Truck visits Bainbridge this Saturday (2/18/19)
- Chili dinner Saturday to aid Poland light fund (2/18/19)
- AG Hill helps implement jail chemical addiction program in Montgomery County (2/18/19)
- Dine with a Doc program to feature Dr. Ahmed on Feb. 25 at PCH (2/18/19)
- County Council should choose new president Tuesday (2/18/19)2
- McCoy testifies as committee passes hate crimes bill on to full Senate (2/18/19)3
- Rematches, new opponents on tap in sectionalsSome Putnam County teams will face teams to which they have already lost this year in first-round boys' basketball sectional tournament action next week, while one team got a bye and another plays a team it has not yet played. Here is a recap of each tournament involving Putnam County teams:...
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: A few odds and ends as basketball tourney play hits fever pitch (2/18/19)
- DePauw splits finales; both host NCAC games today (2/18/19)
- Meyer selected for NCAA student-athlete forum (2/16/19)
- Neese scores 13 in first collegiate start as ISU wins at Valpo (2/14/19)
- DePauw hoop teams sweep Denison; women clinch NCAC title (2/14/19)
- No. 14 Olney Central falls to Kaskaskia; meets No. 2 Vincennes Saturday (2/14/19)
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Cubs to face coaching legends (2/14/19)
Robert R. WarmothRobert R. Warmoth, 89, of Cunot, passed away Saturday, Feb. 16, 2019. He was born in Boone County, Jan. 22, 1930 to the late Oral and Madge (Rich) Warmoth. Bob married Juanita Warmoth March 8, 1996...
Gloria Sue LucasGloria Sue Lucas, 80, of Lafayette passed away Thursday, Feb. 14, 2019 at Creasy Springs. She was born April 5, 1938, in Lafayette, Ind., to the late Clarence Wiese and Doris (Condor) Wiese. She...
Janet Lynn HunterJanet Lynn Hunter (Walton) passed peacefully in her home surrounded by those she loved on Friday, Feb. 15, 2019. Janet was a Cloverdale resident most of her life. She graduated Cloverdale High School...
James Edward MahoneyJames Edward Mahoney passed away unexpectedly while vacationing in Malaysia. He was the youngest son of the late Dan and Mary Mahoney. They were former owners of the B-K Root Beer stand, famous for...
Melvin Ray TalleyMelvin Ray Talley, 77, Greencastle, passed away Wednesday evening, Feb. 13, 2019 at Asbury Towers. He was born in Greencastle on July 1, 1941, the son of Raymond Junior and Minnie Catherine Cook...
Putnam Scanner for February 19, 2019County Jail Nine people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Monday • At 8:16 a.m. Jessie Darlene Parks, 52, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail on a court order. • At 4:22 a.m. Jorge...
Putnam Scanner for February 16, 2019County Jail Three people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Thursday. • At 2:54 p.m. Robert Michael Noble, 47, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail on a court order. • At 11:11 a.m. James...
Feel Better With MassageFully licensed Massage Therapist offering... Swedish - Deep Tissue - OnSite Chair Massage Easily BOOK ONLINE now at https://visibook.com/greencastlemassage CALL or TEXT (317) 525-5911 Leave a voicemail if call is missed. Start...
For sale or LeaseInterstate 70 West, Exit 37, up to 75 acres Available, 4000’ building, blacktop parking, lots of highway frontage, hotels, Campground, rv dump station, truck stop, restaurant, etc. whatever meets your needs, put your offer in today call or text...
Teaching Assistant WantedNew Pathways Preschool is seeking a teaching assistant. Contact 765-653-0841 or email email@example.com for information and application.
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health