Home damaged in Friday-morning fire1An investigation is being conducted after the upper part of a home in Washington Township caught fire before 11 a.m. Friday morning. According to a report dictated by Capt. Jack Giles of the Reelsville/Washington Township Fire Department, Putnam County firefighters, as well as law enforcement and medical personnel, were dispatched on a box alarm to 6990 W. CR 450 South on the north side of the township at about 10 a.m...
Dignified Disposal1Having been inspected and deemed unserviceable in a worthy cause, a retired American flag is disposed of in the burn pit at the Greencastle American Legion Veterans Plaza Friday evening.
ISP SWAT team trains in Putnam County1If anyone noticed a lot of Indiana State Troopers in town Tuesday, there was a reason. The ISP SWAT team conducted tryouts for a new position for their central team at the Putnam County Sheriff’s range. The ISP SWAT team was originally developed in 1975 with only seven team members. ...
Letter of the Law4Gov. Eric Holcomb ceremonially signs State Rep. Beau Baird’s bill into law Thursday at the Statehouse.
- City to again maximize TIF dollars (6/14/19)3
- Cloverdale council revisits Stardust speed limit issue (6/14/19)3
- South Putnam School Board approves personnel report (6/14/19)
- Fry to celebrate 99th birthday (6/14/19)2
- Damascus UMC Youth Choir to perform at Gobin June 21 (6/14/19)
- Shaw, Wright sworn in as newest GFD firefighters (6/14/19)
- Trauma-informed care: A way to understanding the ‘what’ (6/14/19)
- Barn a total loss in Thursday morning fire (6/13/19)
- Beth Benedix honored for holocaust survivor book (6/13/19)
- SPHS to transition to Latin honors system for grads (6/13/19)
- SPORTS BRIEFS (FREE ACCESS): County schools plan many summer camps, blood drivesNew North Putnam boys’ basketball coach Vince Brooks will be having a youth basketball camp next week for incoming boys in grades 1-5. The camp will be from June 17-20 from 12:30 to 2 p.m. Cost is $25, which includes instruction, T-shirt, skill competitions and prizes...
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Eventful year ending well for Jones (6/10/19)
- Beck claims UMP Modified Mid-Season Championship at LPS (6/10/19)
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Catching up on some summertime odds and ends (6/6/19)
- Fidler wins Sportsman Class in Crossroads Dragway event (6/4/19)
- Familiar faces pick up LPS wins (6/3/19)
Frances ‘Fran’ CallahanFrances “Fran” Juanita Callahan, 87, of Greencastle, formerly of Cloverdale, passed away on Friday, June 14, 2019. She was born Oct. 2, 1931 in Pensacola, Fla., the daughter of Charles David and...
Mildred Elaine McClureMildred Elaine (Broadstreet) McClure, 89, of Cloverdale, went home to be with the Lord on Friday, June 14, 2019. She was born July 23, 1929 to the late James and Loretta “Lottie” Daniels Broadstreet....
Floyd Leslie PelfreyFloyd Leslie Pelfrey, 74, of Greencastle, went to be with the Lord on Friday, June 7, 2019. Floyd was born on June 29, 1944 to Fred and Jewel Kersey Pelfrey. He was a loving husband, father, grandpa...
Robert D. JonesRobert D. Jones, 83, of Roachdale, passed away Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at his residence. He was born in Universal on June 26, 1935 to the late Arthur L. and Laura (Cox) Jones. He married Jane E....
Charles H. ‘Chuck’ LyonsCharles H. “Chuck” Lyons, 65, Bainbridge, passed away on Sunday, June 9, 2019. Charles was born on Nov. 2, 1954 to Charles A. Lyon and Doris Lyon. He had one sister, Janet K. (Lyon) Deaton. Charles...
Putnam Scanner for June 15, 2019County Jail Two people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Thursday. • At 9:19 p.m. Eric Steven Barcus, 44, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated. • At 7:45 p.m....
Putnam Scanner for June 14, 2019County Jail Nine people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Thursday • At 1:08 a.m. Brent Michael Buttery, 23, Greencastle, was booked in for invasion of privacy. • At 12:39 a.m. Kyal...
Rural Real Estate
Real Estate2Br 1Ba ranch home nestled on 6 acres of private woodlands outside of Lieber State Park. It has approximately 1898 square feet. Call 317-627-0211
Now HiringFamily owned hog farm looking for a full time employee to assist in raising hogs. No experience required but a plus MUST have a valid drivers license. MUST be willing to submit to Drug screen and back ground check. Please leave a message...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health