Greencastle Parks Department to offer variety of upcoming programsThe Greencastle Parks and Recreation Department has several programs coming up in the next few months and urges local residents to take part. On Wednesday, Sept. 22 the Parks Department will sponsor National Ice Cream Cone Day with a special Lego build. Each participant will get to build his or her own ice cream truck that they can take home and add to their cityscape. The program will be held at the Robe-Ann Park bandshell at 6 p.m...
Proposed District 44 would encompass much of Montgomery County as well4The announced retirement of a West Central Indiana state representative will keep two current representatives from facing off in the 2022 primary election. Under the proposed map for the Indiana House of Representatives unveiled Tuesday by state Republicans, District 44 Rep. Beau Baird (R-Greencastle) and District 41 Rep. Tim Brown (R-Crawfordsville) would find themselves in the same district beginning with the 2022 election. However, Brown has announced he will not seek an additional term after 2022...
Greencastle couple seriously injured in Monday crash6A Greencastle man and woman are hospitalized in Indianapolis following a serious crash Monday afternoon on State Road 240 in eastern Putnam County. Driver James Grivas, 59, was taken to an Indianapolis hospital by ambulance, while Susan Grivas, 58, was taken to Indianapolis by helicopter, after their passenger vehicle was struck head-on by a box truck...
Cloverdale School Board passes 2022 budget, TAG policyCLOVERDALE — The Cloverdale School Board passed two items for consideration during a short session Monday evening. The board voted to adopt the 2022 Cloverdale Community Schools budget, which had already been advertised and the subject of a public hearing. Board members also approved the district’s capital projects and school bus replacement plans and resolutions related to the adoptions...
Greencastle Hometown Dental offering Free Dental DayFor the eighth year, Dr. Dennis Knuth, Dr. Tess Funke and the team at Greencastle Hometown Dental will offer a Free Dental Day to the Putnam County community. Offering free dental care for those in need, the event is set for Friday, Sept. 24 at the practice at 113 Indianapolis Rd...
- Ex-New Yorker shares 9/11 memories for DAR event (9/13/21)
- Council ponders tying 2022 city bonuses to being vaccinated (9/13/21)32
- City awarded $700,000 for water project (9/13/21)
- Rhiannon Giddens begins DePauw residency with jam session, vocal workshop (9/13/21)2
- Art Takes Flight (9/13/21)
- Liberty Trailers recipient of grant for robotic welding technology (9/13/21)1
- DePauw ranked top liberal arts school in Indiana (9/13/21)2
- By Their Example (9/13/21)
- Ride the Pony (9/13/21)1
- Hoggin’ the Honors (9/13/21)
- Northview manages tight sweep over GreencastleWIC volleyball play had not been kind to Greencastle in 2021 and Northview provided a challenge in trying to beat the top performing team in the conference to date Wednesday evening. Though each set was contested the distance, the Knights were able to make it a clean sweep of the Tiger Cubs, winning 25-22, 26-24, 25-22...
- Tiger Cubs suffer first blemish against Mooresville
- Greencastle finds first win, takes out West Vigo on penalties (9/15/21)
- Indian Creek wins front line battle over South Putnam (9/15/21)
- South Putnam football again heads east due to schedule change (9/14/21)
- North Putnam sweeps Greencastle for Putnam County Volleyball Title (9/11/21)
- Cougars double up with JV volleyball title (9/11/21)
- Eagles take consolation win over Clovers (9/11/21)
Kenneth Ray Crowe Sr.Kenneth Ray Crowe Sr., 82, of Greencastle, passed away on Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2021. Born March 22, 1939 in Bardstown, Ky., he was the son of Lucius and Alice (Hutchins) Crowe. He was a graduate of...
William ‘Cody’ PenningtonWilliam "Cody" Pennington, age 31, of Quincy, passed away on Sunday, Sept. 12, 2021 as a result of injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident. Cody was born July 14, 1990 and was introduced to...
Gloria Crystal MayoGloria Crystal Mayo, 90, of Plainfield, passed away on Sunday, Sept. 12, 2021. She was born on July 24, 1931 in Belle Union to the late Harold and Geraldine McCammack. Gloria was a waitress for 35...
Jamie L. WilcoxJamie L. Wilcox, age 59, Greencastle, passed away Monday morning, Sept. 13, 2021 at Putnam County Hospital. She was born on Nov. 12, 1961 in Greencastle, the daughter of Morris and Judith Parker...
Debra Ann HartleyDebra Ann Hartley, 59, of Terre Haute, passed away Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021 in her residence. She was born Oct. 11, 1961 in Wilmington, N.C., to Frank Meryl and Loretta Kay (Hodson) Thomas...
Putnam Scanner for Sept. 14, 2021Nine people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Sunday • At 11:16 p.m. Sherri V. Alexander, 33, Indianapolis, was lodged at the jail for trafficking with an inmate. • At 7:06 p.m. Justin...
Putnam Scanner for Sept. 10, 2021Eleven people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Wednesday • At 6:53 p.m. Earl C. Nicholson, 32, Cloverdale, was taken into custody for driving with a suspended license with a prior...
Court News for Sept. 14, 2021The following cases were filed recently in Putnam County courts: James J. Campbell, 42, Greencastle, Level 6 felony failure to register as a sex or violent offender David S. Branagin, 49,...
Court News for Sept. 10, 2021The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Sherri V. Alexander, 33, Indianapolis, Level 5 felony conspiracy to traffic with an inmate James D. Cook, 43, Indianapolis, Level 5...
Chaussie KittenGermaine was born in May His mom is an F2 Chaussie mix. No papers not an authorized cross. He should be pretty spunky having the wild blood tho. Has been wormed and first shots.
Egyptian Mau mix KittenToni is a mau mix kitten born in May. She is a pretty girl with classic silver tabby markings. Her mom is a mau savannah cross. Dad is a sneaky neighborhood tom.
Lost DogLost 14 year old pointer. He is white/brown. He is hard of hearing and has poor vision. Last seen on Airport Rd.
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health