New NPHS course descriptions approvedROACHDALE — Students at North Putnam High School will have more classes to consider moving forward. However, adding them does not mean they will be offered next school year. This is the caveat that Principal Jason Chew gave the North Putnam School Board during its rescheduled regular meeting Tuesday evening with his request to add several new courses...
Library Board approves parental leave policyAfter not having one spelled out, the Putnam County Public Library now has a policy for staff members when it comes to paid parental leave. The library’s board of trustees approved new language for this policy during its regular meeting held Wednesday evening...
Telehealth use is up, likely here to stayEarlier this year, the Health and Human Services (HHS) reported that telehealth interactions had increased from nine percent, prior to the pandemic, to 51 percent during quarantine. Similarly, the CDC recently reported a 50-percent increase in telehealth services during the first quarter of 2020, compared to the same period of 2019...
Second annual Sham Rock 5K set for March 6The 300 or so folks who attended the inaugural Sham Rock 5K in downtown Greencastle might just remember it as the last time things felt “normal” in the community. The event took place on March 7, 2020, about a week before COVID-19 restrictions began changing the way local residents learned, worked, shopped and lived and about two weeks before the first confirmed case in the county...
- Russellville Town Council approves LRRWD reps (2/25/21)
- GCSC officials warn of further voucher funding (2/25/21)
- Putnam Kids Count may partner with Sheriffs’ Youth Ranch (2/25/21)
- Who benefits from school choice? (2/25/21)
- Baird continues to vote for party over people (2/25/21)
- March 24 webinar to help understand the opioid crisis (2/25/21)
- Reelsville Water customers on Manhattan Road under boil order (2/24/21)
- Bieghler named a 500 Festival Princess (2/24/21)
- Madison Township VFD breakfast this Saturday (2/24/21)
- Vaccine available to those 60 and above (2/23/21)
- Haywood finishes fifth at diving finalsSouth Putnam's Lee Haywood finished fifth at Saturday's IHSAA Boys' Swimming and Diving State Finals, finishing his senior season with a total of 494.15. The finish represents Haywood's best finish at the finals, having finished 17th as a freshman, ninth as a sophomore and 13th as a junior...
- Haywood wants podium spot for senior send-off (2/26/21)
- Baker-Watson to sprout wings and fly at Benedictine University (2/25/21)
- FEATURED SENIOR ATHLETE: Lee Haywood, South Putnam (2/25/21)
- Cougars lose cool late against Miners (2/25/21)
- Balanced Viking attack keeps Clovers at bay (2/24/21)
- Carrington finishes as state runner-up (2/22/21)4
- Greencastle ends regular season with win over Owen Valley (2/22/21)
Dale Addean BowlesDale Addean Bowles, 72, of Greencastle, passed away Feb. 24, 2021. He was born on October 11, 1948 in Rushville to the late Eleanor Pugh and Ivan Russell Bowles. Dale graduated from Ben Davis High...
David Joseph JayDavid Joseph Jay, 86, of Greencastle, passed away on Jan. 27, 2021 at home with family at his bedside. “Dave” was born in Moorhead, Minn., to Norbert “Bud” and Doris Jay on Aug. 15, 1934. He...
Max Kent HetzelMax Kent Hetzel, 73, of Greencastle, passed away at home on Dec. 14, 2020. Born Jan. 1, 1947 in Greenville, Ohio, he was the son of Charlene (Shaw) and Kenneth Lewis Hetzel. Max was a graduate of...
Ronald Earl BargerRonald Earl Barger, age 84, passed away Monday, Jan. 18, 2021 at Hendricks Regional Health. Ronald (Ron) was born in Indianapolis at Methodist Episcopal Hospital on June 9, 1936. His parents were...
Norma Lucille (Poynter) GastonNorma Lucille (Poynter) Gaston returned to the Lord on Wednesday, February 24 at The Waters in Greencastle. Norma was 92 years old. Norma was born on June 21, 1928 in Greencastle, the daughter of...
Putnam Scanner for Feb. 26, 2021Sixteen people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Thursday • At 5:58 a.m. Lisa M. Stehle, 50, Brazil, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant. Wednesday • At 10:38 a.m. Jason R....
Putnam Scanner for Feb. 23, 2021Eight people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Monday • At 2:44 a.m. Jessica M. Faulkner, 32, Brownsburg, was lodged at the jail for theft and on a writ of body attachment. Saturday •...
Court News for Feb. 26, 2021The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Keith J. Wolfe, 33, Indianapolis, Level 2 felony dealing in methamphetamine – 10 or more grams, Level 3 felony possession of...
Court News for Feb. 23, 2021The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Andrew G. Thompson, 23, Indianapolis, Level 6 felony resisting law enforcement using a vehicle Bobby Standifer-Forey, 31,...
Now Hiring Family owned Hog FarmHog Farm in Roachdale Family owned hog farm hiring for a Full time pressure washing position. No pig experience required will train the right person. Paid weekly $13.00 - $16.00 per hour MUST have a valid drivers license. MUST be...
HELP - Need CNA or RN for elderly motherI am in need of licensed, experienced Home Care nurses, i.e. CNA, RN, etc., to help care for my 93 year young mother. Need flexible hours. $15 per hour. Immediate need. Please text 765-247-9151 or email email@example.com with resume and/or...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health