McKim Observatory has stories to tell, treasures to share, HPS learnsWhile many a celestial body has been unveiled through the lenses of its rare, antique telescopes, it is McKim Observatory that is a star in its own right. Surviving isolation, lack of attention and insufficient recognition over its 135-year life on Greencastle’s northeast side, the historic DePauw University observatory is considered not only a local gem but a national treasure, members of the Heritage Preservation Society (HPS) of Putnam County were told during their annual meeting Thursday evening at the Putnam County Museum.. ...
Cash Concrete honored with Governor’s Century Award1INDIANAPOLIS — Staying in business for 100 years is impressive enough. Keeping that business in the family for the entire 100 years? Now that’s really something. Still bearing the family name of founder Clyde Cash and still boasting a Cash as the president and another as the vice president, Cash Concrete Products accepted the Governor’s Century Business Award from Gov. Eric Holcomb on Thursday...
Terre Haute teen cited for 108 mph on interstatePUTNAMVILLE -- How fast is too fast on the interstate these days? In a 70-mph zone, driving 108 mph will earn you a citation. Not for bravery, but perhaps for stupidity, as a Terre Haute teenager learned Thursday afternoon. According to a report from the Indiana State Police Post at Putnamville, Master Trooper Don Farris issued a reckless driving citation to the 18-year-old Vigo County female traveling through Putnam County along Interstate 70...
May 28 jury trial set in attempted murder caseIt may have taken eight months for a 43-year-old Putnam County man to be charged with attempted murder for allegedly shooting a motorcyclist in the head last July, but his case could come to trial in about a quarter of that time. Douglas Lee "Bam" Allsup Sr. ...
- Offices playing musical chairs as county preps for magistrate court (3/22/19)
- North Putnam keeping lawn care in house (3/22/19)
- DePauw fifth among private colleges for women graduating in computer science (3/22/19)1
- Quorum not met for Cloverdale council (3/21/19)
- Russellville council takes street bids under advisement (3/21/19)
- Mayor: Wabash Valley ‘100% supportive’ and ‘in’ on Greencastle project (3/21/19)1
- City approves land acquisition for community center (3/21/19)1
- Storyteller (3/21/19)
- Local quarry manager speaks against proposed Putnam County rock tax (3/21/19)5
- Scary Ride (3/21/19)
- Plunkett earns county hoop POY honorsAllen Plunkett did something this season that few high school basketball players can say, when he became South Putnam’s all-time leading scorer. Plunkett paced the Eagles to 16 wins this season, their most since 1994, and for his efforts the South Putnam senior has been named the Putnam County “Player of the Year.”...
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Primed for a great state finals day (3/21/19)
- NCAHS honors ‘Coach Nick’ (3/21/19)
- Meyer earns All-American relay honors (3/18/19)
- Tiger Cubs win middle school county wrestling title (3/18/19)
- DePauw baseball picks up win over Calvin at Rose-Hulman (3/18/19)
- COLLEGE REPORT: Moore named All-Region, All-GRAC; nominated for All-American (3/16/19)
- FEEL GOOD FRIDAY: Life moving along quickly for Taylor (3/15/19)
John L. FranklinJohn L. Franklin, 90 years young, most recently of Navarre, Fla., passed away on March 15, 2019 in Ft. Walton Beach, Fla. A memorial service is being planned back home again in Indiana in the summer...
Mary E. BoyetteMary E. Boyette, 83, of Greencastle, went to be with the Lord Wednesday, March 20, 2019. She was born March 24, 1935 to the late Earl and Mary (Bourkis) Powell. Mary married William Boyette on Oct....
Cheryl Ann StichterCheryl Ann Stichter, 53, Evansville, went to the Lord on March 3, 2019. She fought a heroic fight against cancer. She was preceded in death by her parents Betty Jean Fox and Leslie Ray Fox. She is...
Darren G. HalerDarren G. Haler, 51, of Roachdale, passed away Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at his residence. He was born on Aug. 15, 1967 to the late Robert E. Haler, and his surviving mother, Carole (Whetstone) Cloncs....
Dan LivingstonDan Livingston, 82, of Port St. Lucie, Fla., passed away peacefully at his home on March 19, 2019. Florida was the last of his 23 residences across seven states, beginning with his Bloomington, Ind.,...
Putnam Scanner for March 23, 2019County Jail Two people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Friday • At 12:21 p.m. Samuel Andrew Robertson, 39, Spencer, was lodged at the jail on a pair of local warrants. Thursday • At...
Putnam Scanner for March 22, 2019County Jail Six people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Wednesday • At 11:49 a.m. Matthew J. Romalia, 35, Greencastle, was taken into custody on a court order. • At 9:39 a.m. Cameron...
Court News for March 23, 2019The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Juifria A. Maynard, 31, Greencastle, Level 6 felony theft Christen N. Walton, 34, Cloverdale, Level 6 felony criminal...
Court News for March 22, 2019The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Richard A. York, 40, Greencastle, Level 6 felony escape-violation of home detention, Level 6 felony invasion of privacy...
Wahl pet clipperWahl Arco Cordless Pet Clipper Kit offers a versatile and reliable way to keep your pet well-groomed. This 5-in-1 clipper is cordless and lightweight while being able to cut through most coat types. With a five-position blade set it’s ideal for...
Found large Vizsla/Pit/Shepherd mix dogFound: large neutered male dog; Vizsla/Pit/Shepherd mix; Reddish-tan and black in color; wearing orange and silver reflective collar made by Coastal; no tags; found on evening of 3/18 on U.S. 40 approximately 1/2 mile west of Putnamville...
Yard Sale 104 Gettysburg (Heritage Lake Emergency Road 50 or 56)Friday March 22, 10A-3P and Saturday March 23, 10A-3P. Estate Sale: Dressers w/ Mirrors, Dining Room Table and 6 Chairs, Curio Cabinet, Lamps, 47 Inch LG HD TV, Tools, Generator, Weber Gas Grill, Stanley Shop Vac, Toro Electric Leaf Blower, Gas...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health