With Indianapolis Road basically done, U.S. 231 work now on radarWith completion of the lengthy Indianapolis Road project barely in the rear-view mirror, city officials have already turned their thoughts to an INDOT project still two to three years down the road. That scheduled U.S. 231 “major overhaul” -- a project to be done by the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) – even reared its head during the recent city candidates’ debate despite being not likely to occur until 2021 or 2022...
Putnam County Festival Choir returns, rehearsals begin Oct. 22After 17 years, the DePauw School of Music, Greencastle Arts Council and the Putnam County Convention and Visitors Bureau are excited to bring back the Putnam County Festival Choir, a community-wide collaboration that will bring together students and residents throughout the county through singing music...
Greencastle leaf pick-up gets under way Oct. 28The crisp air of fall has arrived just in time to begin bringing down the autumn leaves in earnest to await the annual collection efforts of the Greencastle Department of Public Works. That process is scheduled to start with the city leaf vacuum making its rounds beginning Monday, Oct. 28 and continuing through Nov. 27, Mayor Bill Dory told the City Council at its October meeting...
Purdue Alumni Club to hear Norberg share stories of school’s 150 yearsJohn Norberg, a Lafayette journalist, writer, humorist and recently-retired director of communications for development at Purdue University, will be the featured speaker at a dinner sponsored by the Purdue Alumni Club of Putnam County on Thursday, Oct. 24...
- ‘Meet the Candidates’ event set Oct. 21 for Bainbridge (10/14/19)
- Drug Take Back event returns to Greencastle Oct. 26 (10/14/19)
- Phil the Need (10/14/19)
- Councilor grateful for League of Women Voters (10/14/19)
- GFD extends thanks for open house support (10/14/19)
- Michael White achieves rank of Eagle Scout (10/14/19)
- GHS class of ‘57 celebrates ‘Around the World in 80 Years’ (10/14/19)
- GMS to host third annual Holiday Bazaar (10/14/19)
- Eastbound and Down (10/12/19)8
- DAZE WORK: Raking leaves? Leave them lay, experts and lazy guys say (10/12/19)
- Cougar boys fall to No. 10 Bethesda Christian, but continue revivalCLAYTON — North Putnam boys’ soccer coach Kyle Morgan knew his team had a tough chore on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, as he took his squad into the Cascade Sectional finals against No. 10-ranked Bethesda Christian. The Patriots got a pair of first-half goals from senior Chance Deane to take a 2-0 lead, and added three more goals in the final 40 minutes to record a 5-0 victory...
- DePauw tops Hiram 21-7 for third victory in last four games (10/14/19)
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: County schools both win, lose in hoop tourney site assignments (10/11/19)
- Fall photo gallery (10/7/19)
- DePauw pulls out comeback victory over Wooster, 31-26 (10/7/19)
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Cougars, Cubs set for crucial WIC volleyball battle (10/2/19)
Loretta T. Crague MartinLoretta T. Crague Martin, 94, of Brazil, passed away while living at Vermillion County Convalescent Center, in Clinton, on Saturday, October 12, 2019. She was born in Brazil on June 30, 1925, the...
Rev. Paul TaylorRev. Paul Taylor, 96, of Greencastle passed away Saturday, Oct. 12, 2019, at Asbury Towers. Paul was born in Martin County on Jan. 12, 1923, the son of Ira and Zella (Rollens) Taylor, and was a...
Brenda Joy StringerBrenda Joy Stringer, 69, of Terre Haute, passed away Thursday, Oct. 10, 2019 in St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. She worked at H&R Block for more than 25 years, where she was not only a tax...
Roy E. ClarkRoy E. Clark, 54, of Reelsville, passed away in his home surrounded by family on Thursday, October 10, 2019. Roy was born on April 8, 1965 in Putnam County to Steven Albert and Barbara (Harvey)...
Susan Brownell HirtSusan Brownell Hirt of Greencastle died on Thursday morning, Oct. 10, 2019. She was 86. Susan was born on Jan. 21, 1933 in Valparaiso to Dorothy (Goodpasture) and Keith J. Brownell. She graduated...
Putnam Scanner for Oct. 15, 2019The Greencastle Fire Department responded to 17 dispatches in the last week: • At 5:45 p.m. last Monday, GFD was dispatched to 301 E. Seminary St. for a fire alarm. Firefighters arrived about 5:46...
Putnam Scanner for Oct. 12, 2019Six people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Friday • At 7:35 a.m. Tyler Jean Henry, 26, Roachdale, was housed at the jail for disorderly conduct and public intoxication. • At 1:59 a.m....
Court News for Oct. 15, 2019The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Charles E. Brown III, 23, Cloverdale, seat belt violation Jorge Coronado, 22, Indianapolis, improper display of license plate, no...
Court News for Oct. 12, 2019The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. James McGinnis, 40, Putnamville Correctional Facility, Level 4 felony prisoner possessing deadly weapon Joshua Hendrix, 38,...
Duplexes for Rent
Looking for pet friendly rentalI need an affordable, pet friendly (4 yr. old golden lab mix best, very polite) rental through end of school year 2020. Have references / 812-369-8141
Multi-Family Yard SaleMulti-Family Yard Sale 13 Hammond St, Greencastle. Behind GHS Fri & Sat 9-12 Lots of great stuff! Toys, sporting equipment, bikes, boys clothes, women's clothes, housewares and much more!
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health