Golf scramble to benefit Area 30 scholarship fundArea 30 Career Center will host its eighth-annual scholarship fund golf scramble on Saturday, Sept. 21 at Clover Meadows Golf Course in Cloverdale. Registration and lunch begin at 11:30 a.m. with a 1 p.m. shotgun start. There will be a $10,000 hole-in-one...
GPD car seat clinic set Tuesday evening at PCHThe Greencastle Police Department will conduct its annual car seat clinic from 5-7 p.m. Tuesday at Putnam County Hospital, 1542 Bloomington St., Greencastle. The annual clinic is a requirement for the Greencastle Police Department permanent fitting station...
Putnamville officer arrested for sexual misconductAn investigation by the Indiana Department of Correction (IDOC) recently ended in the Sept. 15 arrest of Barbara Kapaun, 52, of Vigo County. Prison officials investigated Kapuan, a correctional officer, after receiving allegations that she was involved in an inappropriate relationship with an offender at the Putnamville Correctional Facility...
Open Door Law session set SaturdayMath teachers have taught us that it is important to not only have the answer to the problem but that we also need to “show our work.” This is also true for our government officials. The public has the right to watch elected and appointed officials receive and discuss information and come to a decision. The Open Door Law is the textbook that our elected and appointed officials must use when they conduct their business...
- Difference Makers announced (9/16/19)
- Lane restrictions on U.S. 231 beginning Sept. 23 (9/16/19)
- Active shooter exercise pushes responders, resources to limit (9/16/19)
- Owen County woman arrested for trafficking at Putnamville (9/16/19)
- Gloria kicks off 2019 Kelly Writers Series (9/16/19)
- 4-H’ers in third and sixth grades: Go collect $25 (9/16/19)
- Downtown Cloverdale owners protest citations (9/13/19)
- Getting the Greenlight (9/13/19)
- Kim named DPU VP for diversity and inclusion (9/13/19)
- Crowning Glory (9/13/19)
- COUNTY VOLLEYBALL: Cubs win seventh straight titleCLOVERDALE — Maggie Walters has been head volleyball coach at Greencastle for seven years. Her record in Putnam County tournament is now a sparkling 14-0 after a pair of wins on Saturday gave the Cubs their seventh straight county title. For the second straight year, Greencastle lost a regular-season match to Cloverdale nine days before the county tourney but rebounded to take the title...
John E. WesleyJohn E. Wesley, 78, went home on Thursday, Sept. 12, 2019. He was born Oct. 11, 1940 to Jack and Sis Wesley. On June 4, 1961, he married Linda Hadley, his sweetheart for life. Together they raised...
Kenny GorrellKenny Gorrell, 59, of Russellville, passed away in Clayton on Monday, Sept. 16, 2019, surrounded by his loving family after a long battle with cancer. He was born on Aug. 26, 1960 in Greencastle to...
Steven Douglas ScottI’d like to tell you a story about a man who spent most of his life making people laugh. Steven Douglas Scott has walked off the great stage of life for the last time. On Friday, Aug. 30, with his...
Melvin G. WilliamsMelvin G. Williams, 79, Greencastle, passed away Sunday, Sept. 15, 2019 at his home surrounded by his family. He was born on Dec. 25, 1939 in Reelsville to the late Chester and Thelma (Head)...
Alan Ralph HammondAlan Hammond, 70, of Greencastle, passed away on Thursday, Sept. 12, 2019 at 10 p.m. surrounded by his family. Alan was born in Greencastle on Dec. 9, 1948, the son of Albert and Marie (Corbit)...
Putnam Scanner for September 17, 2019County Jail Eight people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Sunday • At 11:12 a.m. Claude N. Terrell IV, 45, Indianapolis, as lodged at the ail for nonsupport of a dependent child. • At...
Putnam Scanner for September 14, 2019County Jail One person was booked in the Putnam County Jail on Thursday. • At 2:39 p.m. Jeremy Mark Pruett, 37, Waynetown, was lodged at the jail on a local warrant. Sheriff’s Department Putnam...
Court News for September 17, 2019The following cases were filed recently in Putnam County courts. Criminal Cases Samuel J. Weekly, 39, Cloverdale, Level 5 felony battery with a prior conviction against the same victim, Level 6...
Court News for September 11, 2019The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Stephen G. Thompson, 55, Greencastle, Level 5 felony driving a vehicle after the forfeiture of license for life William...
Teaching Assistant WantedNew Pathways Preschool is seeking a part-time teaching assistant, 8:00-12:30a.m. Contact 765-653-0841 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information and application.
Garage SaleGarage Sale!! September 20 & 21, 207 Westwood Road Fillmore—Friday 9-2 & Saturday 9-2.
Now Hiring Family owned Hog FarmFamily owned hog farm looking for a full time employee to help in raising hogs. Must be willing to work rotating weekends. No experience required but a plus. MUST have a valid drivers license. MUST be willing to submit to back ground...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health