Magnolia tree planted at Robe-Ann to promote suicide awareness2Grappling with a topic that’s far too often considered taboo, a local family recently honored a deceased sister and daughter who took her own life last spring. Mary Martin-Widener, a 34-year-old Alexandria resident and native of Fillmore, died by suicide on May 20, 2022 at her home...
Parkfest favorites to open 30th seasonWhen the Greencastle Civic League opens the 30th season of Parkfest, it will be with some quite familiar faces taking to the stage of the Robe-Ann Park bandshell. Mike Van Rensselaer and Friends will open the festivities at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 6, followed by the Tad Robinson Band in the second set...
U.S. 36 bridge work to start near Racoon SRABELLMORE — Lane restrictions will soon be in place on U.S. 36 in the area of Racoon State Recreation Area and Bellmore. The Indiana Department of Transportation recently announced that bridge maintenance work will begin in the area on or after Tuesday, June 6...
Brazil Concert Band to kick off season on SundayBRAZIL — The opening show for the Brazil Concert Band is set for this Sunday, June 4 at 8 p.m. at the Forest Park bandshell. In case of rain, the band will perform in the pavilion. This week, the band will present a set celebrating the recent coronation of King Charles III. The performance will feature music from Great Britain, including many compositions heard during the coronation...
Turkey Run ranked a top state park nationwideMARSHALL — Turkey Run State Park was recently named the seventh-best state park in the United States in a list of 15 according to TravelAwaits, a website dedicated to travelers 50 and older. The site mentions the park’s sandstone gorges, suspension bridge and Sugar Creek as reasons why Turkey Run stands out...
- PCPH to kick off season with Sunday open house (5/31/23)
- Street closures for Albin Pond water line project begin Wednesday (5/31/23)
- Bowling Away (5/31/23)1
- ServSafe Food Handler training required for home-based vendors (5/30/23)
- Class of 2023 (5/29/23)
- LAST MINUTE MUSINGS: A note from the future for the class of 2023 (5/29/23)2
- Duke upgrading more than 600 Greencastle streetlights to energy-efficient LEDs (5/29/23)3
- ‘Grease is the word’ at June First Friday (5/29/23)
- Lest We Forget (5/29/23)
- Following DePauw graduation, LeBlanc now U.S. Army officer (5/29/23)5
- Cascade rolls up North Putnam for regional titleCLAYTON – The third out just wouldn’t come for North Putnam Tuesday night. All but one of Cascade’s eight runs in the IHSAA Softball Class 2A Regional No. 22 came with two outs on the board as the Cadets ended the Cougars’ season with an 8-0 win. “That’s been a theme for us this year, really,” North Putnam head coach Kerry Roussey said about struggling to get third outs. “It’s been tough for us in some tight games for some reason. I don’t know why...
- Cougars seek to avenge another loss in regional rematch with Cascade (5/30/23)
- PARKE HERITAGE BASEBALL SECTIONAL FINAL: Cloverdale stuns North Putnam with seventh-inning rally to win sectional (5/29/23)4
- PARKE HERITAGE BASEBALL SECTIONAL:Clovers win third-straight game, advance to sectional final over Eagles (5/29/23)
- PARKE HERITAGE BASEBALL SECTIONAL:Five-run sixth inning allows North Putnam to knock Greencastle out of sectional play (5/29/23)1
- Hackleman, Switzer advance to IHSAA Boys' Track State Finals (5/28/23)
- CLAY CITY SOFTBALL SECTIONAL: Clovers see sectional run end as Eels win third-straight title (5/28/23)
- Landry wins Crawfordsville Individual Sectional title (5/25/23)2
Norita Ann YorkNorita Ann York, 79, of Indianapolis, passed away Sunday, May 28, 2023 at The Springs of Mooresville. Norita was born in Greencastle on Feb. 16, 1944, the daughter of Ezra Paul and Marie (Hall)...
Wilbur Thomas McAllisterWilbur Thomas McAllister, 88, of Greencastle, passed away Tuesday evening, May 30, 2023 at his home. Tom was born Jan. 29, 1935 in Indianapolis to Harry and Madeline (Long) McAllister. Tom was a 1954...
Robert Steven HellerRobert Steven Heller, 55, of Roachdale, passed away on Sunday, May 28, 2023. He was born April 8, 1968 in Greencastle. Rob loved the simple things in life, fishing, playing guitar and a cold...
Janice FerrandOn Friday May 26, 2023, Janice Ferrand, at the age of 67, with the love of her life Frank and her daughter Joanna holding her hands, this beautiful soul decided to stop showing dementia who’s boss...
Judy Jo CallenderJudy Jo Callender, 76, of Terre Haute passed away on May 28, 2023 at her residence surrounded by her family. Judy was born in Greencastle on Oct. 14, 1946, the daughter of Harry Smith and Effie...
Putnam Scanner for June 2, 2023Nine people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Thursday • At 12:15 a.m. on Thursday, Bradley L. Rumley, 39, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for domestic battery and interference with...
Putnam Scanner for May 30, 2023Six people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Friday • At 1 p.m. Jayme L. Ingalls, 44, Poland, was booked in for possession of a narcotic, possession of methamphetamine and possession of...
Yard Sales (3)
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health
- Just days to spare, Senate gives final approval to debt ceiling deal, sending it to Biden
- Top American, Chinese defense officials vie for influence in Asia-Pacific
- Kyiv defenses thwart Russia's 6th air assault in 6 days against Ukraine capital
- AP PHOTOS: As Spain's 'peasant farmers of the sea,' groups of women dig for clams
- How Turkey's president Erdogan has maintained a tight grip on power in the country
- Woman walking on California beach finds ancient mastodon tooth
- In Denmark, potatoes on key bridge cause havoc
- Beloved New York swan babies rescued after mother was eaten by family, police say
- Answered prayers: Tennessee church recovers truckload of organ pipes
- Fertility doctor accused of using own sperm dies in crash of hand-built plane