Fidler announces bid for District 44Unhappy with state leadership, Kim Fidler will be running for state representative in District 44, which covers all of Putnam, and parts of Clay, Parke, Morgan, and Owen counties, in the May primary....
Learn farm succession planning in Purdue Extension workshopExtension Ag Educator Farm families can learn how to ensure a successful ownership transition from one generation to the next in a workshop sponsored by the Purdue Extension Succession Planning Team....
Cloverdale to regulate vacant buildings2CLOVERDALE -- The council was introduced to Ordinance 2018-1, which will regulate vacant properties within the town limits. The ordinance, if approved, would require vacant buildings (including those...
First Legislative Update of year set this SaturdayThe Legislative Update series will make its 2018 debut Saturday, Jan. 20 when the Putnam County Farm Bureau hosts its first session of the new year. The program is scheduled to feature the three men...
- With no heroin arrests meth seen as drug of choice (1/15/18)
- Al Sagamore honors Tucker’s record as coach, philanthropist (1/15/18)
- Indiana Duke customers set new all-time winter peak record for energy use (1/15/18)
- C-Bar-C to host National Tractor Pullers Association nationals Jan. 19-20 (1/15/18)
- Safety First (1/15/18)
- Winter Weather Advisory in effect until Monday afternoon (1/14/18)3
- Council keeps Cohen as leader, Thursday night meeting date (1/13/18)
- GHS junior Addison Hughes performing in 2018 All-State Honor Choir today (1/12/18)
- Applications available for Hendricks Power scholarships (1/12/18)
- At the Library for Jan. 13, 2018 (1/12/18)
- Cougars come up short against BulldogsBAINBRIDGE – Being at a height disadvantage and not properly executing blockouts proved to be a fatal combination for North Putnam’s boys basketball team on Saturday night, as the Cougars fell 57-44 to Monrovia. The win snapped a four-game losing streak for Monrovia, and the defeat ended a three-game winning streak for the Cougars...
- South Putnam girls top Eminence at Hoosier Gym (1/15/18)
- North Putnam sweeps county middle school basketball titles (1/13/18)
- Depth carries Greencastle boys past Cascade, 91-89 (1/13/18)
- DePauw squads stay hot, sweep NCAC twinbill (1/13/18)
- Weather postpones Friday night basketball (1/12/18)
- Bennett signs to play golf for Knights (1/12/18)
- Eagles, Cubs, Clovers get big wins (1/10/18)
- Three of four WIC finalists already decided (1/10/18)
- FEATURED ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: Kiley Shedron, Cloverdale (1/10/18)
- Tigers rejoin top 10 rankings (1/10/18)
Norma Leigh ReedNorma Leigh Reed, 82, of Plainfield, died Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2018 at the Avon Village Care Center. She retired from the Indiana Department of Correction: Reception Diagnostic Center in 2006. Norma...
Marion F. LegrandMarion F. (Casler) Legrand, 79, passed away at 7:07 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 14, 2018 at Franciscan St. Elizabeth Health, Crawfordsville. Services for Marion are pending with Servies and Morgan Funeral...
Irmgard Margot MurrayWith the deepest pain conceivable, we announce the passing of Irmgard Margot Murray, our dear Madre, our queen, our tiger. May 28, 1938-Dec. 27, 2017. At 79, she was taken too soon. She was the...
Peggy Anne WrightPeggy Anne Wright, 70, of Greencastle, peacefully gained her wings on Friday, Jan. 12, 2018. She was born Dec. 8, 1947 in Greencastle, the daughter of Guy and Margaret "Maggie Belle" (Higgins)...
Putnam Scanner for Jan. 13, 2018 (1/12/18)County Jail Three people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Thursday. • At 2:16 p.m. William Ryan Olson, 40, Spencer, was taken into custody on a writ of body attachment. • At 1:21 p.m. Laura...
Putnam Scanner for Jan. 12, 2018 (1/11/18)County Jail Eight people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Wednesday • At 7:30 p.m. James F. Day Sr., 50, Greenwood, was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated. • At 6:42 p.m....
Putnam Scanner for Jan. 10, 2018 (1/9/18)County Jail Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Monday. • At 8:24 p.m. Charles Brent Shurig, 53, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated. • At 4:10 p.m....
Court News for Jan. 13, 2018 (1/12/18)The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Christopher H. Tanner, 28, Brazil, Level 4 felony possession of methamphetamine, Class B misdemeanor possession of methamphetamine Drew M. Evens, 27, Coatesville, Level 6 felony possession of marijuana, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia...
Ministry Assistant opening at Gobin Church (30 hr/ week)Day-to-day front office balanced with project work. Administrative, computer and great communication skills required. Send resume to email@example.com.
2001 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty7.3 Power Stroke Diesel, 4X4 Long bed, Quad cab, mileage 136,342. Running boards, Fiberglass cap, New engine in 2017.
Part Time Help NeededPutnam County Courthouse Custodial Dept. looking for part time help, 20 to 30 hours per week, 5 day a week, 4 hour minimum per day. Must be able to left heavy objects, shovel snow, mow in the summer, clean offices and rest rooms etc.. applications...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health
Latest State & Nation News
- Wallaby hops across Sydney Harbor Bridge, captured uninjured
- Shiver me timbers! New signs pirates liked booty _ and books
- Arizona police arrest 80-year-old man in armed bank robbery
- Ritz Carlton, a luxury Saudi prison, takes Feb. 14 bookings
- Maine shed blown to Canada by blizzard being saved, returned