County adds five new COVID-19 cases2Following three straight days with no new cases reported, Putnam County had five new positive cases of COVID-19 reported on Thursday. The Indiana State Department of Health released the new data, which brought the total number of cases in Putnam County to 142, although many of these have now recovered...
Cloverdale Town Council addresses salary changesCLOVERDALE –— Without having a clerk-treasurer, the town office in Cloverdale is adjusting and trying to keep internal processes like payroll and claims in check. As a result, those remaining have had to step up. One of them is Samantha Hinman, who normally works part time on the water side of the town’s affairs. However, she has recently assumed oversight of those duties and is hampered by being authorized to work 29 hours a week...
County offices to fully reopen June 22While Putnam County offices remain under their current schedules and levels of access for the time being, county officials are planning to be completely open for business as of Monday, June 22. This announcement came from the Putnam County Commissioners following a special meeting on Wednesday to determine steps forward for the county as the state continues to try and get back to business as usual...
Mackey to face off with Baird for congressional seat2On Tuesday, Joe Mackey was successful where he came up short two years ago. With 89 percent of precincts reporting, Mackey (D-Lafayette) is the presumptive winner of the Democratic nomination in U.S. House District 4. Mackey garnered 17,222 votes (54 percent) across the district, well outpacing Veronikka Ziol (9,088 votes), Benjamin Frederick (4,308) and Howard Pollchick (1,283)...
- Faith, Hope and Love Food Pantry open Saturday (6/4/20)
- Who’s News for June 6, 2020 (6/4/20)
- Indiana State Fair called off over coronavirus worries (6/4/20)1
- Sensory Path (6/4/20)
- 2020 Primary Election Results (6/2/20)
- Alexander, Myers top GOP auditor, coroner races (6/2/20)
- Helmer captures more than 40 percent of vote in six-way commissioner race (6/2/20)5
- Summitt-Campbell, two incumbents, top county council race (6/2/20)
- County at 137 confirmed COVID-19 cases (6/2/20)
- Hot Ticket for Cool Treats (6/2/20)8
- THE NEXT LEVEL: Stoltz ready for hard work needed at ISUIndiana State University track and field program director Angela Martin admits that looking for “determined” multi-sport athletes to add to her team was a priority this off-season. In signing recent Cloverdale graduate Kenzie Stoltz, Martin found someone who at times would compete in volleyball, cheerleading and track and field all in the same day...
- NBA owners approve 22-team season restart plan (6/4/20)
- BACK HOME AGAIN: Former GHS, Kenyon standout Menzel happy to be new DePauw coach (6/1/20)
- Will fans still have fun in COVID-altered athletic stadiums? (6/1/20)
- COLUMN: NASCAR is back and fans may be right behind (6/1/20)
- THE NEXT LEVEL: More Clover grads moving on (5/28/20)
- Pro athletes wary about virus, testing upon return to competition (5/28/20)
- THE NEXT LEVEL: Shrum set to be multi-sport athlete at OCU (5/25/20)
Lawrence ‘Larry’ Marlin McKeigueLawrence “Larry” Marlin McKeigue, aged 86, died on June 3, 2020 in Hendricks County. He was born on Oct. 23, 1933 in Chicago, Ill. He received the National Defense Service Medal while serving in the...
Jeffrey E. AlspaughJeffrey E. Alspaugh, 61, of Indianapolis, formerly of Greencastle, passed away on Thursday, June 4, 2020. Born March 17, 1959 in Greencastle, he was the son of William B. and Mary Belle (Johnston)...
Maxine Gibson DaviesMaxine Gibson Davies, 86, of Fillmore, passed away on Monday, June 2, 2020 at Mill Pond Health Campus in Greencastle. Maxine was born on Aug. 20, 1933 to Edward and Letha (Hedge) Gibson in Roachdale....
Kathryn L. SmithKathryn L. Smith, 98, of Whiteland, passed away on Sunday, May 31, 2020. She was born on Nov. 24, 1921 in Indianapolis. Kathryn was married to Arthur Smith who preceded her in death. Surviving...
Donnabelle StanleyDonnabelle (McCabe) Stanley, 89, formerly of Greencastle, passed away in Louisville, Ky., on May 31, 2020. She was born on April 21, 1931 in Lizton. She was a devoted wife for 71 years to Alan...
Putnam Scanner for June 5, 2020Two people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Tuesday • At 12:05 a.m. Larry L. Hicks, 51, Indianapolis, was lodged at the jail for driving while intoxicated. Monday • At 10:54 p.m....
Putnam Scanner for June 2, 2020Seven people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Sunday • At 1:02 p.m. Amilia N. Faucett, 26, Cloverdale, was booked in for unlawful possession of a syringe and maintaining a common...
Court News for June 5, 2020The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Dana L. Lyday, 38, Terre Haute, Level 5 felony conspiracy to traffic a controlled substance with an inmate Christopher Clift, 24,...
Court News for June 2, 2020The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Sarah N. Scales, 37, Greencastle, Level 2 felony dealing in methamphetamine, Level 3 felony possession of...
Part Time Delivery Driver WantedIndiana Metal, Inc., located in Bainbridge, is looking for a part time delivery driver. Applicant must have a clean driving record, be able to pass a drug test, be able to drive a truck and trailer and be comfortable backing a truck and trailer up....
Cleaning out another storage unit, every item $1Several hundred of shirts, sweaters, pants, shoes and more. All in great to new condition and brand names. Women small, 3x, teen girl and boys 10 to 18 and men's. Plus many miscellaneous items and houseware. Everything $1. Dont miss out on...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health