COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS: 22 DaysElla and Lenix are here to say "only 22 more days until Christmas!" If you'd like to see your child here, email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Angus barn painting a tribute to Kathy Willer3In a sense, the fact that there is a Willer Timber Ridge Angus at all is a testament to the dedication of the late Kathy Willer. Occupying 240 acres southeast of Greencastle, Willer Timber Ridge may be a family cattle business, but Kathy, who passed away on Jan. 6 at age 73, has been described as the “glue” of both the Willer family and of the cattle operation...
Bloomington Street not open quite yet ...4The forecast deadline for the reopening of Bloomington Street/U.S. 231 in Greencastle came and went Thursday without cause for celebration. The new finish line date, Mayor Bill Dory told the Greencastle Redevelopment Commission (RDC) Wednesday evening, is now Friday, Dec. 8. That’s weather permitting, of course...
Rezoning of odd lot makes way for new car wash2An odd-shaped, 1.16-acre lot at the southeast corner of Warren Drive and State Road 240, essentially orphaned by the development of the sprawling Walmart Distribution Center property behind it, was approved for rezoning by the City Plan Commission at its November meeting...
READI funds offered to Russellville Community Center projectRUSSELLVILLE — With concerns raised about the Russellville Community Center’s deteriorating roof, a new avenue for funding repairs was pursued Wednesday evening. As an organization, the community center has worked toward funding a $500,000 grant through the Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA). However, the effort has been setbacked as the organization has not been redesignated as a nonprofit...
Kiwanis trivia raises $4,173 for RileyWith the fundraising goal met before the event even began, the inaugural Kiwanis Indiana Trivia Night was bound to be a success. Still, when the Kiwanis Club of Greencastle raised $4,173 for the Riley Children’s Foundation, more than doubling its $2,000 goal, organizers had to be pleased...
- Bairds go birding with Audubon Great Lakes (11/30/23)2
- Community Foundation seeking funding from Lilly Endowment (11/29/23)
- Co-Alliance, Ceres Solutions to pursue merger vote (11/29/23)
- Schroer Memorial Scholarship accepting applications (11/29/23)
- City agrees to take part in CVB Penn Central Depot project (11/28/23)7
- Governing in Putnam County— Locally: What is a municipality? (11/28/23)4
- PIE students join forces to reduce food insecurity (11/28/23)1
- Russellville Market Holiday Showcase set Dec. 9 (11/28/23)
- Year-end income tax deduction options (11/28/23)
- LETTER: Realtors appreciate support for final bingo event (11/28/23)
- North Putnam starts season with tough road win at South PutnamHaving to wait an extra 10 days to begin its boys’ basketball season, North Putnam traveled to South Putnam to face a home side that was still licking its wounds after a 30-point loss in its season opener to Clay City. The Cougars hit their first three triples of the night for an early lead but the Eagles steadied the ship, didn’t allow the advantage to blossom and turned the game into a see-saw affair until a 15-1 run from the third into the fourth quarter helped the visitors to a 60-50 win...
- Eagles repeat county final win over Cougars (12/1/23)
- Slow start tips up Greencastle again against West Vigo (12/1/23)
- Cloverdale offense stuck in neutral as Edgewood cruises to win (12/1/23)
- Tiger Cubs win third-straight with victory over Vikings (12/1/23)
- Mustangs pound the boards, Clovers in 51-34 win (12/1/23)
- FEATURED SENIOR ATHLETE: Aleeyah Johnson, Greencastle (11/30/23)2
- Greencastle wrestlers pick up home win over West Vigo (11/29/23)1
Betty Grace Sims FoxxBetty Grace Sims Foxx, 92, of Greencastle, passed away on Friday, Dec. 1, 2023, at Asbury Towers. Betty was born in Greencastle on April 3, 1931, the daughter of George F. and Effie Inis (Reed) Sims,...
Charles L. Cox Sr.Charles L. Cox Sr., 90, of Greencastle, passed peacefully from this life on Thursday, Nov. 30, 2023. He was born at his family home near Eminence on Dec. 24 1932, to the late Maurice and Ruth...
Roy Thomas ‘Tommy’ KnowlingRoy Thomas “Tommy” Knowling, 80, passed away Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2023, at Hendricks Regional Health in Danville. He was born April 3, 1943, in Detroit, Mich., to the late Theodore and Vera (Hancock)...
Henry Oliver ThomasHenry Oliver Thomas, 98, of Greencastle, passed away on Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2023 at Mill Pond Health Campus Henry was born in Rockville on Dec. 23, 1924, the son of Joseph J. and Madge Hazel Thomas...
Robert ‘Bob’ Allen VincentRobert “Bob” Allen Vincent, 67, of Crawfordsville, passed away Thursday morning, Nov. 23, 2023. Bob was born Nov. 26, 1955 in Lexington, Ky., to Bob Vincent and Fanny Rose (Creech) Hensley. He...
Putnam Scanner for Dec. 1, 2023Several people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Thursday • At 2:36 a.m. Damon T. Rivers, 48, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for domestic battery in the presence of a minor,...
Putnam Scanner for Nov. 28, 2023Five people were booked in the Putnam County Jail recently. Monday • At 2:24 a.m. Terra N. Cooksey, 39, Greencastle, was housed at the jail on a local warrant for burglary. Sunday • At 4:35 p.m....
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health
- Kiss say farewell to live touring, become first US band to go virtual and become digital avatars
- Three officials have left a pro-DeSantis super PAC in the group's latest shake-up, AP sources say
- Group of swing state Muslims vows to ditch Biden in 2024 over his war stance
- Israeli offensive shifts to crowded southern Gaza, driving up death toll despite evacuation orders
- DeSantis hits Iowa campaign milestone but is still far behind Trump, who again mocked his campaign
- Italian officials secure 12th Century leaning tower in Bologna to prevent collapse
- Penguin parents sleep for just a few seconds at a time to guard newborns, study shows
- Customer sues Chopt eatery chain over salad that she says contained a piece of manager's finger
- Woman's decades-old mosaic of yard rocks and decorative art work may have to go
- Nebraska woman bags marriage proposal shortly after killing big buck on hunting trip