State: 75 Putnam residents have been tested for COVID-19On Friday, the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) added a new set of data to its COVID-19 reporting. In addition to county-by-county positive cases and deaths, the ISDH website also shows how many tests have been administered to residents of each county...
Thirteen COVID-19 cases now confirmed in Putnam County6On Friday afternoon, Putnam County officials announced that one new case of COVID-19 had been confirmed since Thursday. Currently, there are 13 confirmed cases in the county. The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH), as of Friday, is also sharing the number of individuals who have been tested per county on its website. According to the ISDH, the number of tests is provisional and reflects only those reported to ISDH. Numbers should not be characterized as a comprehensive total...
City pool season could be in jeopardy due to virus impact6With the 2020 pool season less than two months away, Greencastle park officials are keeping their fingers crossed that a summertime opening is possible. While weather is typically the villain in opening the aquatic center on time (Memorial Day weekend is the annual target), this year other factors are weighing heavily...
Banner Graphic begins temporary plan to publish twice weekly13In response to the ongoing spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Banner Graphic and the other Rust Communications publications in Indiana will be temporarily cutting back to two production days each week. These are uncertain times for all businesses, including newspapers, and the Rust Indiana family of publications -- which also includes The Brazil Times and the Greene County Daily World -- is taking the necessary steps to ensure that we can continue to serve the public through the current health crisis and beyond...
- Fillmore Town Council approves Liberty Industries tax abatement (4/3/20)
- Barr sisters’ book project earns DAR preservation award (4/3/20)
- Hendricks Power, Parke County REMC support Rapid Relief Fund (4/3/20)
- On The Bright Side (4/3/20)
- County confirms 12th COVID-19 case (4/2/20)
- Shuee’s making adjustments and giving back during health crisis (4/2/20)2
- Filling the need: Schools step up to provide for students, families (4/2/20)
- PCHPCA announces 2020 board officers, members (4/2/20)
- DePauw postpones commencement, Alumni Reunion Weekend (4/2/20)
- Putnam County Hospital to enact no visitors policy Thursday (4/1/20)1
- Contest over, but Clover senior still to appear in CBS spotlightLiving with disappointment has become the new way of life this year for all members of the Class of 2020. Everyone lost something, and some lost more than others. If not for the coronavirus pandemic, Cloverdale senior Kassie Wade would be in Atlanta right now for the America Family High School Slam Dunk and 3-point Championship...
- BENNETT'S MINUTES (FREE ACCESS): Some shining lights still exist among gloominess in prep sports (4/2/20)
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Looking at comings and goings in Putnam County coaching (3/30/20)
- SPORTS CASUALTIES: Indy 500 latest victim of coronavirus, delayed to August 23 (3/26/20)
- SPORTS CASUALTIES: Baseball getting creative in possible game scenarios (3/26/20)
- DePauw’s Kopp adds to honors with Jostens award (3/24/20)
- NCAA basketball cancellation to create big red numbers on balance sheet (3/24/20)
- BENNETT'S MINUTES: Fond remembrances of a fallen colleague (3/23/20)1
Kennard W. GoffKennard W. Goff, 88 of Rockville, passed away Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at Hendricks Regional Health. He was born on Aug. 21, 1931 Russellville to the late Dewey and Ruby Goff. He was married JoAnn...
Cleo YarberCleo Yarber, 76, passed away peacefully at his home in Lebanon, Ind., on Tuesday, March 31, 2020, surrounded by his loving family. He was born July 30, 1943 in Lebanon, a son of the late Bert and...
James Albert SageJames Albert Sage, 50, of Greencastle, passed away suddenly on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at Putnam County Hospital. He was born April 22, 1969 in Greencastle, the son of John and Joyce (Hayman) Sage....
Gloria GouldGloria Gould, 80, Greencastle, passed away Monday, March 30, 2020 at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. Gloria was born in Putnam County on June 14, 1939 to Walter Glenn and Leona Robbins Gibson....
Bernice Flanagan GrubbBernice Flanagan Grubb passed away peacefully on Saturday, March 28, 2020 at the Mill Pond Health Campus in Greencastle. She was 94. She will be long remembered as a loving wife, mother and friend....
Putnam Scanner for April 4, 2020County Jail One person was booked in the Putnam County Jail on Thursday. • At 10:40 p.m. Richard A. Romandine, 40, Cloverdale, was lodged at the jail on a warrant for identity deception, false...
Putnam Scanner for April 3, 2020County Jail Two people were booked in the Putnam County Jail on Wednesday. • At 3:54 p.m. Jessica A. (Bushong) Kenworthy, 35, Fillmore, was housed at the jail for unlawful possession of a syringe,...
Court News for April 4, 2020The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Andre D. Giden, 43, Indianapolis, Level 6 felony dealing in a Schedule I controlled substance, Level 6 felony...
Court News for April 3, 2020The following cases were filed in Putnam County courts recently. Criminal Cases Julia A. Jenson, 24, Terre Haute, Level 5 felony conspiracy to traffic a controlled substance with an inmate, Level 6...
- Family Medical of Cloverdale
- Franciscan Physician Network Indiana Heart Physicians PCH Cardiology Clinic
- Hendricks Power Cooperative
- North Putnam Family Healthcare
- Putnam County Hospital
- Putnam County Hospital Cancer Center
- Putnam Pain Management Clinic
- Putnam Pediatrics & Internal Medicine
- Putnam Prompt Care
- Putnam Surgical Specialties
- Putnam Women's Health
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- Truck hauling toilet paper catches fire on Texas interstate
- Boat does doughnuts after hitting wave, throws man overboard
- Shop sells 'hundreds' of doughnuts starring Dr. Fauci's face
- Customers cheer after woman gives birth at Missouri Walmart