Putnam County Jail
Four people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Shawn Hornaday, 24, Indianapolis, was booked in at 6:39 p.m. Tuesday for invasion of privacy and a petition to revoke probation. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Ed Wilson.
* Roxann Northrup, 49, Greencastle, was booked in at 8:50 p.m. Tuesday for public intoxication, possession of marijuana and driving while intoxicated. He was arrested by Trooper Adam Edwards. He was released on $500 bond at 6:59 a.m. Wednesday.
* Jonathan Lee McClure, 21, Greencastle, was booked in at 11:37 p.m. Tuesday for driving while suspended. He was arrested by Trooper Heath Kerns. He was released on $500 bond at 1:50 a.m. Wednesday.
* Dustin Cox, 24, Greencastle, was booked in at 1:07 a.m. Wednesday for dealing in marijuana and possession of marijuana. He was arrested by Deputy Adam Hull.
Two accidents were investigated recnetly by the Putnam County Sheriff's Dept.
* At 3:40 p.m. Tuesday, a minivan went off U.S. 231 near CR 350 South.
Deputy Doug Nally reported that Dorothy A. Setlak, 60, Greencastle, was driing north in a 1998 Plymouth Voyager when she swerved to miss a small dog in the road. Her vehicle went off the road and hit a utility pole and a gas line, causing a natural gas leak. The vehicle continued on and struck a tree.
Setlak complained of chest pain and was taken to Putnam County Hospital for treatment.
Nally was assisted at the scene by Deputy Craig Sibbitt and Greencastle Officer Ed Wilson.
Damage was estimated at $5,000-$10,000.
* At 5:05 p.m. Tuesday, a car hit a tree on U.S. 40 east of U.S. 231.
Nally reported that Carl R. Coons, 60, 1489 E. U.S. 40, Cloverdale, was driving east in a 2001 Buick Regal when he had some sort of medical illness and blacked out.
Coons was taken to Putnam County Hospital.
Nally was assisted at the scene by Cloverdale Chief Charlie Hallam.
Damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to five recent runs.
* At 6:29 a.m., firefighters responded to a carbon monoxide detector on Martinsville Street. Finding nothing, they returned to the station at 7:01 a.m.
* At 8:15 a.m., firefighters responded to an alarm due to construction dust at 400 S. Locust. They returned to the station at 8:31 a.m.
* At 10:18 a.m., firefighters responded to an alarm due to construction dust at 509 S. Locust. They returned to the station at 10:30 a.m.
* At 1:40 p.m., a false alarm was reported at 522 Anderson St. Firefighters were disregarded before leaving the station at 1:43 p.m.
* At 3:45 p.m., firefighters responded to a car accident at 4117 S. U.S. 231 (Plessinger's Hill). They assisted Cloverdale Township on the scene and returned to the station at 4:21 p.m.
Cloverdale Fire Dept.
The Cloverdale Town-ship Volunteer Fire Department responded to six medical emergencies, three accidents and two fire runs recently.
* At 4:01 p.m. they assisted Operation Life at 11521 S. U.S. 243 with a medical emergency. They returned to station at 7:20 p.m.
* At 11:10 p.m. they responded to an injured person report at 2789 E. Co. Rd. 800 S, lot #4. A 36 year old male struck his foot with a hatchet. OL transported the patient to PCH for treatment. They were back at the station at 11:35 p.m.
* Firefighters were dispatched at 12:44 p.m. to 582 Marianna Dr for a fire alarm. It was a false alarm and was disregarded.
* They were dispatched at 1:15 p.m. to 8229 W. Co. Rd. 1200 S. Reelsville to assist Reelsville firefighters with a fire. They responded with Tanker 78 and Engine 75. Tanker 78 was back at the station at 3:20 p.m. and Engine 75 returned at 4:30 p.m.
* At 4:53 p.m. firefighters were dispatched to 1013 N. Main St to the BP station. Upon arrival they treated a female for chest pains and difficulty breathing. OL transported the patient and they returned to station at 5:23 p.m.
* At 7:33 a.m. they were dispatched to 152 Lazy River Rd for a lift assistance. They returned to station at 8:13 .m.
* Firefighters were sent to 2410 Quincy Rd in Owen County at 4:48 p.m. Upon arrival they reported a person with difficulty breathing. They treated the patient until Owen County EMS arrived and transported the patient to PCH. They returned to station at 5:30 p.m.
* Firefighters were dispatched to 4 Stardust Rd at the Value Mart for an injured person. They treated a 20 year old male with a severe finger cut. They returned to the station at 7:20 p.m.
* Firefighters responded to a motor vehicle accident with unknown injuries at 6:51 p.m. at mile marker 29 on I-70 eastbound. They were disregarded because it was a property damage only. They returned to station at 7:13 a.m.
* At 3:50 p.m. they were sent to U.S, 231 and Plessingers Hill for a motor vehicle accident with injuries. A power pole was down and a gas line broken. US 231 was closed in both directions until the gas was shut off. The driver of the car was taken to PCH by OL. They returned to station at 4:47 p.m.
* They responded to motor vehicle accident with injuries on U.S. 40 east of U.S. 231. They assisted OL in removing the patient from the vehicle and transporting them to PCH. They returned to station at 5:51 p.m.