Putnam County Jail
Five people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Jeffrey Scott Bettis, 45, Quincy, was booked in at 5:27 p.m. Friday for possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia and driving while suspended. He was arrested by Deputy Josh Boller.
* James Brandon Barnett, 29, Greencastle, was booked in at 7:07 p.m. Saturday for habitual offender. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Chris Helmer.
* Cheryl Renee Glass, 31, Coatesville, was booked in at 8:03 p.m. Saturday for contributing to the delinquency of a minor, trespass and disorderly conduct. She was arrested by Reserve Deputy Barry Barger. She was released on $500 bond at 1:19 p.m. Sunday.
* Ryan David Rush, 29, Greencastle, was booked in at 2:24 a.m. Sunday for possession of alcohol by a minor and public intoxication. He was arrested by Deputy Charles Inman. He was released on his own recognizance at 11:23 a.m. Sunday.
* Daniel Dewey Trueblood, 33, Putnamville, was booked in at 6:49 p.m. Sunday for child molesting and repeat sex offender. He was arrested at PCJ.
Greencastle police issued traffic citations recently.
On Sept. 14:
* Officer Travis DeLaGrange cited Michelle Root, 36, Freetown on North Jackson Street for an expired trailer plate.
* Katadyn Connerley, 25 Greenwood was ticketed on U.S. 231 South for an expired plate.
On Sept. 16:
* Dianna L. Rightmeyer, 39, Cloverdale Veterans Memorial Highway for a seatbelt violation.
* Marie Inglert, 63 and Herbert Inglert III, 65, both of Greencastle, were ticketed on Bloomington Street for seatbelt violations.
Greencastle firefighters handled several runs recently.
* At 8:48 p.m. firefighters responded to an unauthorized burn at 1132 Avenue B. Residents were told to put out the fire. They returned to station at 9:04 p.m.
* At 6:52 a.m., firefighters assisted Cloverdale firefighters with a brush fire at 8091 S. CR 250 West. They returned to station at 8:10 a.m.
* At 9:06 p.m., firefighters went to a fire alarm at 507 S. Locust St. They returned to station at 9:18 p.m.
* At 10:28 p.m., firefighters conducted a smoke investigation in a residence at 724 E. Seminary St. They returned to station at 10:37 p.m.
* At 7:35 a.m., firefighters went dispatched to 105 W. Hanna St., but were radioed to disregard the run en route and returned to station at 7:39 a.m.
* At 9:32 a.m., firefighters investigated an odor at 1003 Castlebury Drive. They returned to station at 9:44 a.m.
* At 4:52 p.m., firefighters went to 230 Hillsdale for a medical assist run with Operation Life ambulance. They returned to station at 5:04 p.m.
* At 1:15 p.m., firefighters were at a health fair at Deer Meadow Primary School when they were dispatched to a vehicle fire at the Wal-Mart parking lot. They returned to station at 2:49 p.m.
* At 2:19 p.m., firefighters went to an alarm at 107 W. Hanna St. They returned to station at 2:33 p.m. It was the 566th run of the year for GFD.