Putnam County Jail
Six people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Troy Roberts, 18, Indianapolis, was booked in at 5:34 p.m. Friday for theft and conversion. He was arrested by Chief Deputy Virgil Lanning.
* Karissa L. Strunk, 31, Cloverdale, was booked in at 2:32 a.m. Saturday for public intoxication and driving while intoxicated. She was arrested at PCJ.
* Dale S. McKnight, 43, Plainfield, was booked in at 3:25 a.m. Saturday for driving while suspended, driving without insurance and probation violation. He was arrested by Deputy Craig Sibbitt.
* David Castillo Garcia, 28, Indianapolis, was booked in at 9:42 p.m. Saturday for driving while intoxicated, refusal to submit to a chemical test and driving while intoxicated endangering a person. He was arrested by Trooper W.J. Patterson.
* Justin Carl Scherb, 22, Brazil, was booked in at 10:58 p.m. Saturday for possession of marijuana. He was arrested by Greencastle Officer Charles Inman. He was released on $800 bond at 3:42 a.m. Sunday.
* Maria Nelson, 45, St. Louis, Mo., was booked in at 1:39 p.m. Sunday for driving while intoxicated endangering a person. She was arrested by Trooper Rich Myers. She was released at 7:36 p.m. Sunday on $800 bond.
The Greencastle Police Department investigated one accident recently.
Officer Darrel Bunten, assisted by Officer Ed Wilson, responded to an accident at 6:30 p.m. on Monday.
Jesse Hauk, 20, Cloverdale, was driving a 1995 Ford F 350 when he was struck from behind by David Query, 26, Greencastle, at the intersection of North Jackson and Earp Streets.
Query advised officers that he was putting his drink into a drink holder when it spilled, causing him to look away from the road. He looked, locked his brakes, but was unable to avoid striking Hauk's vehicle with his 1997 Jeep.
Damage was estimated at $5,00 and $10,000.
Officer Travis DeLagrange issued four tickets on Nov. 16.
* At 12:30 p.m., Derek White, 72, Greencastle, was cited for an expired license plate on Bloomington Street.
* At 4:40 p.m. Deborah Briones, 52, Greencastle, was ticketed on Round Barn Road for speeding 51 miles per hour in a 30-mile per hour zone.
* At 9 p.m. Christopher Sanders, 26, Greencastle, was cited on North Jackson Street for an expired license plate.
* At 9:15 p.m., David Sams, 25, Cloverdale, was cited on Bloomington Street for an expired license plate.
Sergeant Charles Inman Jr. issued two tickets on Nov. 17.
* At 3:35 a.m., Gregory Reinhardt, 22, Poland, was cited on 10th Street for an expired license plate.
* At 9:15 p.m., Mildred Duggins, 60, Greencastle, was cited on Fillmore Road for a child passenger restraint violation.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
Greencastle firefighters responded to five accidents recently.
*At 12:4 p.m. Saturday, firefighters went to 401 E. CR 225 South to assist Operation Life with a patient who fell off a ladder. They returned to station at 12:34 p.m.
* At 2:07 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to a car fire at Taco Bell, 1152 Indianapolis Road. However, they were radioed to disregard the run minutes later when it was determined the smoke was steam from overheating.
* At 11:24 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to 412 S. Jackson St. for an alarm at a DePauw University duplex. They were radioed to disregard the run at 11:27 p.m.
* At 1:49 a.m. Sunday, firefighters responded to a house fire at 11920 S. CR 525 West to assist Reelsville firefighters. They returned to station at 6:28 a.m.
* At 9:33 a.m. Sunday, firefighters went to 201 Brown Ave. in Cloverdale to assist with a structure fire. They returned to station at 1:01 p.m.
Cloverdale Twp. Fire Dept.
Cloverdale firefighters responded to a structure fire at 201 Brown Ave. at 9:28 a.m. Sunday. It was a single-story home. Firefighters returned to station at 1:28 p.m.