Putnam County Jail
Three people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently:
* Matthew Lee Gist, 24, Cloverdale, was arrested by Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Tom Helmer, and booked into PCJ at 1:10 a.m., Tuesday, on a petition to revoke probation.
* Jared Lee Gilbert, 23, Indianapolis, was booked into the Putnam County Jail at 12:51 p.m., Tuesday. He was arrested by Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Danny Wallace for the charges of theft and trespassing. No release date has been set.
*Isaiah Matthew Bowling, 19, Cloverdale, was booked into PCJ at 9:01 a.m., Wednesday, on a petition to revoke probation.
The Putnam County Sheriff's Department responded to several accidents recently.
* At 8:56 p.m., Monday, Jan. 7, Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Ronnie Campbell responded to a deer vehicle collision at County Road 125 South, near the intersection of County Road 200 West.
Timothy L. Bright, 39, Greenwood, reported that he was driving westbound on County Road 125 in a 2002 Ford Explorer when a deer jumped out in front of him and he could not avoid a collision. Damage was estimated at $1,001 to $2,500.
* At 4:10 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 8, Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Doug Nally, reported to a collision at the intersection of U.S. 231 and U.S. 36.
Jerry R. Polley Jr. told the investigator he was southbound on U.S. 231 near the intersection when he saw a 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, being driven by Arlene R. Satterblom, 85, Rockville, stopped at the intersection with its left turn signal activated. Polley reported that as he approached the intersection, the vehicle turned in front of his 2005 Ford F-150 and he was unable to avoid a collision. No injuries were reported, but damage was estimated at $5,001 to $10,000.
* At 12:30 p.m. Thursday, Lt. Danny Wallace, responded to a collision at 358 Mill Springs. Juanita M. Wallace, 57, Coatesville, told the investigating officer that she was backing out of her driveway in a 2006 Jeep Liberty, and failed to see the 2007 Chevrolet Impala parked behind her. She reported striking the vehicle. Damage was estimated at $2,501 to $5,000.
* At 5:45 p.m., Thursday, Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy G. Slover, responded to a single vehicle crash on County Road 100 East, near the intersection of County Road 0 north.
Laura J. Lopez, 33, Bainbridge, told the investigating officer that she was driving across Crow's Bridge when a tire slipped off of a piece of wood that covers the bridge floor. Lopez told officers that she lost control of her 1992 Pontiac Bonneville and struck the guardrail of the bridge. Lopez was uninjured but damage was estimated at $2,501 to $5,000.
*At 3:34 p.m., Friday, Dept. Ronnie Campbell responded to a collision on U.S. 231 near the intersection of U.S. 40. William E. Wilson, 41, Cloverdale told the investigating officer that he was pulling onto U.S 231 heading south in a tan, 2004 Jeep Liberty, but his vision was obscured by heavy traffic. At the same time Florence V. Henson, 45, Cloverdale, was headed north on U.S. 231 in a turning lane. Henson, driving a Gold 1998 Ford Contour, hit the front end of Wilson's Jeep.
A police report indicated that Henson suffered abrasions and possible injuries to the abdomen and pelvis. Damage was estimated at $5,000 to $10,000.
*At 11:20 a.m., Friday, Lt. Danny Wallace responded to a car/deer collision on County Road 600 East near the intersection of County Road 500 North.
Glenna J. Warren, 54, Bainbridge, told the investigating officer that at 5:50 a.m., she was driving south on County Road 600 when a deer ran out in front of her 1998 Buick Le Sabre, and she was unable to avoid the collision. Damage was estimated at $2,501 to $5,000.
Three people were injured in a three-vehicle collision on U.S. 231 south of Greencastle Tuesday.
Greencastle police were called to the scene at 11:56 a.m. to find that a 1995 Ford Ranger, driven by Dallis Ellis, 78, Martinsville, had rear-ended a 2005 Buick driven by C. Shirley Birt, Greencastle.
Officer Darrel Bunten reported that Birt had stopped in traffic to turn left into a private drive. When the truck rearended the car, it pushed the car across the center line into a head-on collision with a southbound 2003 Jeep Cherokee driven by Stephen Jones, 60, Greencastle.
Both Jones and Birt were taken to Putnam County Hospital via Operation Life ambulance. Ellis sustained a cut to his lef ear. No additional information was available on their injuries. Jones declined treatment at the scene but did complain of some chest pain.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
Two runs were handled recently by Greencastle firefighters. At 10:18 a.m. Tuesday, firefighters were dispatched to 17 Cherrywood for a CO2 investigation. Nothing was found, and crews returned to the station at 10:29 a.m. At 11:58 a.m. firefiighters were dispatched to an auto accident on 231 South. A fuel spill was cleaned up and crews returned to the station at 12:44 p.m.