HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. -- The fifth-ranked DePauw women's tennis team defeated Oberlin 8-1 Thursday.
The Tigers swept the singles competiton, with Janelle Arita, Kelly Buckley, Greer Mackie, Kayla Smith, Betsey Flanzer and Kristine Lewry all winning in straight sets.
Lewry was especially dominant at No. 6 singles, defeating Oberlin's Marta Robertson 6-0, 6-0.
In doubles competition, Lewry and Mackie won 8-1 at No. 2. Buckley and Arita won 8-1 at No. 3.
The No. 1 singles team of Erin Andrade and Smith was the Tigers' only loser on the day, falling 8-6 to Oberlin's Kimiko Glynn and Jackie Golden.
DePauw plays Erskine at 3:30 p.m. today at Hilton Head.
At Hilton Head, S.C.
1. Janelle Arita (DPU) def. Kimiko Glynn (OC) 6-0, 6-3.
2. Kelly Buckley (DPU) def. Jackie Golden (OC) 6-2, 6-2.
3. Greer Mackie (DPU) def. Jane Hayden (OC) 6-1, 6-0.
4. Kayla Smith (DPU) def. Olivia Hayden (OC) 6-4, 6-1.
5. Betsey Flanzer (DPU) def. Sarah Teitelbaum (OC) 6-4, 6-1.
6. Kristine Lewry (DPU) def. Marta Robertson (OC) 6-0, 6-0.
1. Glynn/Golden (OC def. Erin Andrade/Smith (DPU) 8-6.
2. Lewry/Mackie (DPU) def. Teitelbaum/J. Hayden (OC) 8-1
3. Buckley/Arita (DPU) def. O. Hayden/Breanna Cahill (OC) 8-1.