Several tickets were issued by the Greencastle Police Department recently.
* On April 1 at 4:19 p.m., Patricia Pendergast, 44, Pittsboro was cited by Officer Darrel Bunten on Veteran's Highway for speeding 60 in a 40 mph zone and driving while suspended.
* On April 2 at 7:40 a.m., James P. Mason, 44, Fillmore was ticketed by Sgt. Christopher Jones on Veteran's Highway for a seatbelt violation.
* At 6:05 p.m., Sgt. Christopher Jones cited Matthew T. Findlay, 22, Indianapolis, on South Jackson Street and Veteran's Highway for a seatbelt violation.
* On April 2 at 10:49 p.m., Teresa Goggins, 32, Rockville was cited by Reserve Officer Zachary Minick on U.S. 231 for driving while suspended.
Putnam County Jail
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Jimmie Green, 34, Cloverdale, was booked at 3:09 p.m. Wednesday for failure to appear.
* Charlotte Vrdoljak, 24, Greencastle, was booked at 3:39 p.m. Wednesday as part of a petition to revoke bond.
* Brian Cox, 25, Bainbridge, was booked at 5:40 p.m. Wednesday for driving while intoxicated and resisting law enforcement.
* John Sanders, 26, Greencastle, was booked at 6:45 p.m. Wednesday for intimidation, domestic battery and disorderly conduct.
* Kevin Chadd, 21, Indianapolis, was booked at 12:19 a.m. Thursday for violation of probation.
* Debbie Davis, 44, Greencastle, was booked at 1:59 a.m. Thursday for trespassing, disorderly conduct, public intoxication and resisting law enforcement.
* Zachary Hayman, 43, Cloverdale, was booked at 2:45 a.m. Thursday for unlicensed possession of a handgun.
Greencastle Fire Dept.
The Greencastle Fire Department responded to several recent runs on Thursday.
* At 1:54 a.m., they were dispatched to 724 E. Washington St. A smoke alarm detector went off but nothing was found. They returned to station at 2:29 a.m.
* At 9:21 a.m., they were dispatched to 220 E. Ind. 240 but were disregarded en route. They returned to station at 9:27 a.m.
* At 9:22 a.m. they were dispatched to 1 E. Hannah St. but were disregarded en route at 9:27 a.m.
* At 2:52 p.m., they were dispatched to 1216 S. Bloomington St. and arrived at 2:57 p.m. for Operation Life assist. They were cleared at 3:04 p.m.
* At 3:11 p.m., they were dispatched back to 1 E. Hannah St. and arrived at 3:14 p.m. It was a false alarm and they were cleared at 3:21 p.m.
* At 3:54 p.m., they were dispatched to 252 N. 850 West and arrived at 4:10 p.m. They were assisting Madison Township Fire Department on a box alarm structure fire. They were cleared at 6:44 p.m.
* At 5:05 p.m. they were dispatched to 1216 S Bloomington St and arrived at 5:08 p.m. to assist an elderly woman into her home. They were cleared at 5:11 p.m.