Putnam County Jail
Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* Vince Baldwin, 22, Westfield, was booked in at 4:13 p.m. Wednesday as part of a holding for the Department of Corrections.
* Ernie Phillips, 22, Greencastle, was booked at 5:31 p.m. Wednesday for violation of home detention.
* Debra Gruber, 36, Reelsville, was booked at 5:51 p.m. Wednesday as part of an out of county hold.
* Roxann Northrup, 50, Poland, was booked at 6:15 p.m. Wednesday as part of a petition to revoke probations.
* Mark Molter, 28, Greencastle, was booked at 11:45 p.m. Wednesday for failure to appear.
* Vernon Fredrickson, 51, Coatesville, was booked at 10:14 a.m. Thursday on charges of child molestation.
One accident was reported recently by the Putnam County Sheriff's Dept.
* Benjamin Reese, 23, Roachdale, was traveling east on CR 175 North. He attempted to turn right onto CR 525 North and lost control due to speed, loose gravel and being under the influence of alcohol. His vehicle struck and jumped a guardrail, coming to rest on its nose in a creek located at the intersection of CR 525 North and CR 175 North. Passenger Brittney Vaughn was partially ejected from the vehicle and airlifted to Methodist Hospital. Vaughn was transported from the Putnam County Hospital to the Putnam County Jail where he failed a blood alcohol test. His test result was .16, double the legal limit.
Damage report was between $5,000 - $10,000.
The Greencastle Police Department issued the following tickets recently:
* On April 7 at 3:45 p.m., Dawn Williamson, 48, Greencastle, was cited by Officer Christopher Helmer for Disregarding a Stop Sign at the corner of Berry and Locust streets.
* At 6:15 p.m., Amber Tomasino, 31, Greencastle, was cited by Officer Ed Wilson for Driving While Suspended at the corner of Avenue F and Percy Julian Drive.
* On April 8 at 3:30 p.m., Buddy Tincher, 22, Greencastle, was cited by Wilson for Speeding 69 in a 30 mph zone on Zinc Mill Road.
* At 8 a.m., Scott Cooper, 36, Fillmore, was cited by Officer Albert Epple for an Expired Registration Plate on Hannah Street.
* On April 9 at 5:30 a.m., Mary Mace, 50, Greencastle, was cited by Epple for Speeding 46 in a 30 mph zone on Indianapolis Road.