Despite the popularity of cell phones, it may not always help in emergency situations. The items listed below should be kept somewhere in the vehicle during the winter season.
* Cat litter -- It will help give tires traction during slick road conditions.
* Candles -- In a small-enclosed area such as a vehicle, candles will provide some heat.
* Matches -- A way to light the candles
* Blankets -- A good way to keep warm when the vehicle is unable provide heat
* Hand warmers -- Another good source to keep warm
* Flares or hazard triangles -- These can be purchased at any local automotive store.
* Extra outer clothing -- Items such as boots and gloves should a driver have to walk for help