After several weeks of online and phone voting, the tallies are in and the local not-for-profit agencies to be featured monthly in the Banner Graphic's "Pay it Forward" initiative have been selected.
January's spotlight was on United Way of Putnam County. Those to be featured in the coming months are:
* February -- Hope Haven Horse Farm Inc.
* March -- Humane Society of Putnam County
* April -- American Red Cross of Putnam County
* May -- Gobin Memorial United Methodist Church Summer Enrichment Program
* June -- Family Support Services
* July -- Putnam County 4-H
* August -- A-Way Home Shelter
* September -- Mental Health America of Putnam County
* October -- Care Net Pregnancy Center
* November -- Emergency Food Pantry
* December -- Johnson Nichols Clinic
More than 3,300 votes were cast in support of these organizations.
Advertising sponsorship spots are still available for all months. Half the ad revenue generated each month will be donated back to the spotlighted organization.
For more information, call John York at 653-5151