[Nameplate] Light Rain ~ 41°F  
High: 63°F ~ Low: 43°F
Thursday, May 5, 2016

Sparkle survives apartment fire

Thursday, May 7, 2009

(Photo)
Sparkle the cat was rescued from an apartment fire on South Fillmore Road on April 29.
Sparkle the cat was spared one of her nine lives when rescued from an apartment fire on South Fillmore Road on April 29.

After being found under a piece of furniture in the burning apartment, Sparkle had issues breathing. Putnam County Operation Life administered oxygen to the cat until veterinarian Jason Huff arrived.

Huff took the six-year-old cat to West Central Veterinarian Services, 316 N. Jackson St., where she was treated for smoke inhalation. During the first 48 hours, Sparkle was given constant oxygen, steroids and an injection of antibiotics.

She seems to have recovered nicely and is taking up temporary residence at the vet clinic. The staff said she is only staying with them until her family can find a new place to live.

West Central has offered to care for Sparkle at no charge to her owner.



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: