In just a few days, 87 excited students from more than 24 different countries will arrive in Greencastle to start their college careers at DePauw University.
For the past three years, local families in Putnam County have served as family friends to international students in Hoosier Hospitality. New and previous Hoosier Hospitality families are invited to take part in the program with this new group of students.
What do Family Friends do?
* Help students learn about American culture and society through conversation and local activities
* Spend time with student(s) at least two times a semester for one academic year (or more)
* Get to know one or two students share meals, and/or attend community events (your choice)
* Support cultural exchange opportunities; learn the customs and food traditions from other countries
* It is all up to you and your student friend.
Families do not house students at any period nor do they support students financially. Students are also aware that they cannot live with family friends or ask for financial or material support.
This is a great opportunity for youth to be exposed to new cultures and customs. For most of the students this will be their first time living in the United States and so far away from home. A warm welcome into the Greencastle community will greatly enhance their experiences and ability to be productive and happy members of the community.
To learn more about the program, visit http://www.depauw.edu/univ/international...
If you want to be a part of the program, please complete the application on the website or contact Rajai Bimbo for a paper application.