Registration begins at 10:30 a.m., and lunch will be served at 11 a.m. The shot gun start will be at noon.
Available sponsorship options include:
*Hole sponsor, $50
*Fleet sponsor, $250
*Putting Green, $100
*Snack sponsor, $250
The entry fee is $55 per person and includes golf, cart, lunch and door prizes.
The American Red Cross empowers ordinary people to perform extraordinary acts in emergencly situations. The Red Cross trains people to be prepared before disasters, sudden illness or accidents strike.
It mobilizes people, supplies and equipment to help their neighbors experiencing the devastation of fires, floods, tornados and other disasters. It keeps local military families in crisis connected.
And, the Red Cross connects donors and volunteers to those in urgent need of a helping hand.
Last fiscal year the Red Cross in Putnam County:
* Responded to five home fires providing financial assistance to 24 people.
* Trained 124 youth how to make a plan, build a kit and be prepared in advance of a disaster.
* Sent 13 emergency messages around the world on behalf of 13 local military families.
* Mailed 30 welcome letters to the families of new recruits to the U.S. military.
* Trained 735 people in first aid and CPR.
* Trained 839 young adults in water safety and lifeguarding.
* Taught 100 children basic aid training.
You can help continue the mission of the Red Cross in Putnam County by sponsoring the Golf Invitational. To sponsor the Golf Invitational contact Ginger Scott at 655-2333 or Tracy Maynard at 720-3904.
The American Red Cross is a member of the Putnam County United Way.
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies nearly half of the nation's blood; teaches lifesaving skills; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a charitable organization -- not a government agency -- and depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The Wabash Valley Chapter provides American Red Cross services to the people of Clay, Greene, Parke, Putnam, Sullivan, Vermillion and Vigo Counties in Indiana and Edgar County Illinois with the help of local volunteers, financial donors and United Ways.