* Aug. 31, 11 a.m.: Johnny Murray, 66, Ellijay, Ga., was traveling east on CR 500N in a 2008 Chevrolet Silverado. He met Darcy L. Boyce, 27, Bainbridge, driving a 2006 Dodge Ram, of a bridge about 1,600 feet east of U.S. 231. As both vehicles crossed the bridge, their mirrors struck. Murray complained about Boyce's vehicle being too wide with its extended mirrors for roadway use. Both vehicles had larger mirrors on them from the factory. Both drivers thought they had plenty of room on the bridge.
* Sept. 2, 1:48 a.m.: Tina J. Valentine, 40, Brazil, was northbound on U.S. 231 at Plessinger's Hill when she swerved off the right side of the road to avoid hitting a deer. Her 2003 Subaru Forrester sideswiped a utility pole. Valentine drove to Fillmore before reporting the accident.
* Sept. 4, 8:53 p.m.: Fidel O Bustamante, 38, Wilmer, Texas, was westbound on I-70 near the 33-mile marker in a 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier. A deer entered the roadway from the median, and he could not avoid the animal.
Vehicle towed by Curtis. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Sept. 6, 5:21 p.m.: Ryan L. Beauchamp, 30, Cloverdale, was northbound on U.S. 231 at the intersection of CR 900S in a 1989 Chevrolet. He said he had the green light, but Mary E. Johnson, 59, Indianapolis, in a 2010 Dodge, turned directly in his path. Johnson said she was turning left onto 900S and did not see Beauchamp's vehicle.
Johnson complained of hip and upper leg pain.
Both vehicles were towed by Steele's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
* Sept. 9, 7:42 p.m.: Josh Sutherlin, 26, Bainbridge, was southbound on CR500E, just south of SR 240 in a 2004 Ford F350. He met a dark colored Jeep, which was left of center as it topped a hill. Sutherlin moved as far right on the road as he could, but the Jeep sideswiped him, striking his mirror and rear fender. The Jeep's mirror was torn completely off, so the officer was able to collect its mirror and molding as evidence.
The vehicle was determined to be a blue 1998 Jeep Cherokee.
* Sept.10, 3:21 p.m.: Robert W. Clark, 61, Brazil, was driving a 1994 Geo Tracker southwest on Manhattan Road when he fell asleep at the wheel and drove into a fence.
* Sept. 10, 8:35 p.m.: Mark D. Meuser, 28, Brazil, was driving a 2000 Saturn westbound in the I-70 passing lane when a deer ran into his path. He was unable to avoid the accident.
Vehicle was towed by an unknown AAA wrecker. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Sept. 13, 2:20 p.m.: James D. Reed, 27, Cloverdale, was eastbound in the passing lane of U.S. 40 in a 2000 Saturn. Reed state he was traveling too fast, causing him to sideswipe the 2003 Ford F350 driven by David L. Gilley, 46, Fillmore, in the right lane. Reed said the impact caused his vehicle to travel into the median, where it came to a sudden stop.
Reed's vehicle was towed by Seniour's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Sept. 13, 8:38 p.m.: James Bastian, 61, Greencastle, was backing a 2005 Ford out of a parking space at South Putnam High school when he struck an unoccupied 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander. Bastian left the scene without notifying the owner, who was notified a short time later by someone else.
A bystander witnessed the accident, got Bastian's plate number and notified the Putnam County Sheriff's Department. Deputy TJ Smith traced the plate to Bastian's address, where he found the car in the driveway. Bastian said he had backed into the other vehicle, but did not think it cause any damage.
* Sept. 14, 1:09 p.m.: Nicholas P. Owens, 19, Bainbridge, was going home on CR 800Nin a 1990 Toyota. He fell asleep at the wheel and was awakened by the sound of his vehicle leaving the roadway. He was unable to swerve and struck a power pole.
Vehicle towed by Kenny's. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
* Sept. 14, 2:35 p.m.: Alina M. Izaguire, 41, Cloverdale, pulled out of Putnam Park Road Course, crossing the northbound lane of CR 550E in a 2000 Pontiac Sunfire, and collided with the northbound 2000 Jeep Cherokee driven by Luther Barger, 65, Greencastle. Izaguire advised she looked both ways and did not see Barger's vehicle before she turned south. Barger said when Izaguire pulled into his path, he braked an veered to the left, but could not avoid the collision.
Izaguire was arrested on charges of operating while intoxicated and possession of methamphetamine, marijuana, a controlled substance and paraphernalia.
Izaguire's vehicle towed by Steele's. Barger's vehicle towed by Seniour's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
Leonard Barger, 26, Greencastle: Probation violation, Sept. 14, 4 p.m.
Fount Thomas Brock, 29, Greencastle: Theft, probation violation, Sept. 9, 10:20 p.m.
Robert Aden Brown, 37, Greencastle: Domestic battery, probation violation, Sept. 8, 5:04 p.m.
Aaron Joseph Herd, 25, Greencastle: Contempt of court, Sept. 12, 1:40 a.m.
Suzanne M. Hukill, 39, Clayton: Check deception, Sept. 13, 11:23 p.m.
Kyle Todd Hyten, 21, Greencastle: Public intoxication, disorderly conduct, possession of marijuana, Sept. 9, 11:07 p.m.
Sheridan Leeane Spiker, 23, Brazil: Forgery-checks, theft, Sept. 8, 3 p.m.
Tamara Suzanne Spurgeon, 24, Camby: Operating while intoxicated, operating while intoxicated with a prior, Sept. 12, 5:35 a.m.
Ollie Wade, 37, Greencastle: Domestic battery, Sept. 8, 4:30 p.m.
Robert Scott Warmke, 51, Greenwood: Failure to appear, Sept. 9, 5:54 p.m.
James Vincent Wright, 39, Brazil: Possession of schedule drug, public intoxication, false informing, possession of marijuana, Sept. 11, 11:15 a.m.
Roy Kemp Herrell, 43, Indianapolis: Failure to appear, Sept. 14, 1:49 p.m.
Alina M. Izaguire, 41, Cloverdale: Operating while intoxicated, possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana, possession of a controlled substance, possession of paraphernalia, Sept. 14, 8 p.m.
Clister Faye Jones, 32, Indianapolis: Operating while intoxicated, possession of a controlled substance, Sept. 15, 12:33 p.m.
Donald Charles Newlin, 37, Plainfield: Probation violation, Sept. 14, 1:24 p.m.
Daniel Rice Sanders, 31, Greencastle: Domestic battery, Sept. 14, 6:45 p.m.
Stephanie Jann Trent, 36, no city: Fraud, Sept. 15, 12:28 a.m.
Sept. 13, 3:39 p.m. Car accident at Indianapolis Rd. and CVS driveway. Back in service 4:14 p.m.
Sept. 13, 6:09 p.m. Animal Rescue at 1010 Judson Ct. Back in service 6:35 p.m.
Sept. 14, 12:10 a.m. Gas odor at Larabee and Indiana streets. Back in service 12:18 a.m.
Sept. 14, 4:26 p.m.: Alarm at 208 Olive St. Investigation revealed no problem. Cleared 4:41 p.m.
Sept. 15, 2:23 p.m.: Assisted Jefferson Township and Cloverdale Township on a field fire. Cleared 3:35 p.m.
Sept. 15, 2:44 p.m.: Active alarm due to cooking at 414 S. Indiana St. Cleared 2:55 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.