* Sept. 23, 3:41 p.m.: Christina F. Wheatcraft, 27, Gosport, was southbound on U.S. 231 at the intersection of SR 42 in a 2004 Ford SUV. She said she did not see the 1989 Ford Bronco II driven by Michael K. McDougall, 25, Quincy, and struck it from behind.
McDougall's vehicle towed by Steele's. Damage $1,001-$2.500.
* Sept. 24, 2:42 p.m.: Gary L. Smith, 47, Clayton, was eastbound on U.S. 36 near the CR 725E intersection in a 1997 Ford Ranger. Kevin L. Reed, 38, Mecca, was westbound in a 1999 Ford F350 and turned in front of Smith, who could not avoid the collision. Reed said he was turning into a gas station and did not see Reed's vehicle.
Smith's vehicle towed by Kenny's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
* Sept. 24, 8:57 p.m.: Richard A. Coons, 41, Terre Haute, had been staying at his mother's house on East U.S. 40. He got into an argument with his mother and left the residence in a 1995 Ford Taurus, driving through her yard and striking her mailbox. He then continued westbound on U.S. 40, striking three other mailboxes and a state sign. He then stopped and called 911.
Coons was very angry when the officer arrived. His brother came to the scene and took him to Putnam County Hospital for a metal evaluation.
* Sept. 25, 11:40 a.m.: Timothy M. Parker, 22, Greencastle, driving a 1998 Plymouth on CR 200W, attempted to pass on the left and didn't see the turn signal of Sharly A. Berry, 65, Greencastle. Berry said she had her flashers on, then her turn signal to turn left. Parker had no insurance and his driver's license had been suspended. He was cited for both infractions.
* Sept. 26, 3:08 a.m.: Chase M. Myers, 20, Spencer, was southbound on U.S. 231 near U.S. 36 in a 2008 Ford when he crossed the center line and left the road on the east side. After leaving the road, the vehicle hit the end of a guardrail and continued across a ditch, landing on its top.
A witness came by, noticed the vehicle and called dispatch. Putnam County Sheriff's Department, medical units and Bainbridge Fire Department all responded.
Myers said he fell asleep at the wheel after leaving a party in Crawfordsville where he had been drinking with his friends. After tests were given, he was arrested for minor consumption and operating while intoxicated.
Vehicle towed by Jerry's. Damage $10,001-$25,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.