Dave Bombei is running for re-election for the South Putnam School Board, representing Warren Township.
For Bombei, the past three years have been rewarding due to the accomplishments of the South Putnam school system. Those accomplishments include:
* Full day kindergarten at no charge to parents, with an increase of 16 students this year;
* Hiring of new technology director, updating systems;
* New computer for every teacher;
* Several new classroom computers;
* New Promethean Boards, Smart Sync and Smartboards in several classrooms;
* New website developed;
* Honeywell system helps to contact student homes with instant messages;
* Online registration for students to lessen wait time at registration;
* Online payment system for school lunches;
* Verstrans computer system so that we know every student's address and which bus route they will ride;
* New lighting system at High School gymnasium for an energy savings;
* Graduation rates have improved each year;
* ISTEP+ scores have increased each year;
* Addition of a principal at Central Elementary;
* Renaming of our football stadium to the Mark Wildman Field.
All of this has been accomplished without raising taxes.
Over the next four years, Bombei would like to see:
* A full-time nurse and full-time counselor in each school;
* A mentoring program for children;
* A health and fitness program as a part of the district's Wellness Program.
"The school board's goal is to have a school system that the other schools across Indiana look up to and model after," Bombei said. "I want to be a part of that goal. I want to be open to listen to problems and concerns from the residents of Warren Township.
"I have lived in Warren Township for 35 years and have had four children and two grandchildren to graduate from South Putnam Schools," he continued. "I have always enjoyed being a part of the South Putnam Community Schools and consider it an honor to serve in the capacity of a school board member."