* Oct. 24, 4:58 a.m.: Vivek R. Chopra, 47, Avon, was westbound on SR 240 in a 2010 Honda CR-V when several deer crossed the road in front of his vehicle. Unable to avoid the animals, Chopra hit one, lost control of the vehicle, crossed the center line and hit the oncoming 2008 Toyota Tacoma driven by Raymond A. Shillings, 53, Greencastle. Shillings said he was eastbound when he saw the deer cross the road, followed by Chopra's vehicle crossing the center line. He was unable to avoid the accident.
Both drivers' airbags deployed, and both complained of pain over their entire bodies.
Chopra's vehicle towed by Steele's. Shillings' vehicle towed by Jerry's. Damage $25,001-$50,000.
* Oct. 25, 3:45 p.m.: Bessie Edwards, 71, Cloverdale, was attempting to cross Robert Weist Avenue in Cloverdale traveling south on Grant Street in a 2000 Mazda Protégé. Edwards failed to see Danny Williams, 39, Reelsville, in a 2001 Dodge Ram. Williams said he was traveling west on Robert Weist when Edwards failed to yield right-of-way. Williams was unable to avoid the collision.
Edwards' vehicle towed by Steele's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
Jeremy David Benassi, 26, Fillmore: Contempt of court, Oct. 26, 9:25 a.m.
Johnny Ray Corder, 18, Cloverdale: Domestic battery, battery with bodily injury, probation violation, Oct. 25, 7:55 p.m.
Bruce Daniel, 26, Terre Haute: Probation violation, Oct. 27, 5:15 a.m.
James David Hammond, 34, Patricksburg: Violation of home detention, Oct. 25, 1:39 p.m.
Angela Kay Leach, 33, Indianapolis: Probation violation, Oct. 26, 10:40 a.m.
Roger Corey Ortiz, 24, Danville: Probation violation, Oct. 25, 11:50 p.m.
Eric Ryan Pentz, 22, Fillmore: Possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia, Oct. 26, 10:31 p.m.
Jared Anthony Pentz, 20, Fillmore: Operating while intoxicated, possession of paraphernalia, Oct. 26, 11 p.m.
* Oct. 22, 10:32 a.m.: Audrey Richardson, 74, Greencastle, was driving a 2000 Chevrolet Blazer westbound on Washington Street approximately 300 feet east of Arlington Street. Richardson said she must have fallen asleep then ran off the road and struck a tree belonging to the City of Greencastle.
Vehicle towed by Jerry's. Damages $5,001-$10,000.
* Oct. 25, 6:59 a.m.: Chad Cummings, 20, Cloverdale, was northbound on 231 approaching Washington Street in a 2005 Chevrolet pickup when he collided with the rear of the 1999 Buick LeSabre driven by Linda L. Jones, 58, Cloverdale.
* Oct. 27, 6:05 a.m.: Donald W. Ellis, 58, Crawfordsville, was driving a 1998 GMC pickup southbound on U.S. 231 N approximated 800 feet north of Depot Street when a deer ran into the path of his vehicle, and he could not avoid a collision.
The following tickets have been issued:
Oct. 23, 6 p.m., Shadowlawn Avenue: Yvone Scott, 27, Greencastle, false and fictitious registration.
Oct. 27, 1:17 a.m., Indianapolis Road: Thomas A. Nordmeyer, 42, Roachdale, driving while suspended infraction.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.