Putnam County Sheriff's Department
* Jan. 4, 1:29 a.m.: Francis J. Lindenmayer IV, 27, Coatesville, was stopped on CR 725E at the intersection of U.S. 36 in a 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix when she was rear ended by Albert Soloman, 89, Bainbridge, in a 2003 Ford Explorer. Soloman said he did not see Lindenmayer's vehicle and did not see have time to stop or brake.
Lindenmayer was transported to Hendricks Regional Hospital with back pain, along with a 7-month-old passenger. The infant's head and face injuries were caused when Lindenmayer's driver's seat broke upon impact and struck the infant passenger. The baby was properly restrained and all restraints worked correctly.
Soloman complained of head pain but refused treatment.
Vehicles towed by Kenny's. Damage $10,001-$25,000.
* Jan. 6, 4:18 p.m.: Russell Mikesell, 24, Greencastle, was westbound on SR 240 in a 2001 Kia Sportage when he hit a slick spot, lost control and struck a guardrail end, causing his vehicle to overturn on its side.
Mikesell was uninjured, but was cited for driving without insurance.
Towed by Jerry's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
* Jan. 8, 8 p.m.: Marcus S. Miller, 30, Cloverdale, was eastbound on CR 175N in a 200 Ford Ranger and going too fast for the weather conditions. As he entered a curve, his truck slid on ice and left the road. The driver's door hit a tree and the truck went through a fence. Miller left a note on the farmer's door and went home.
Towed by Seniour's. Damage $2,501-$5,000.
* Jan. 11, 6:10 a.m.: Karri N. Lewis, 27, Greencastle, was southbound on CR 100E in a 2001 Dodge Durango. She said she crossed Crowe's Bridge and started to accelerate when her vehicles started sliding on the snow and ice covered roadway. The vehicle slid off the west side of the road, striking a railroad warning sign with the two passenger doors.
* Jan. 11, 6:55 a.m.: Elsy N. Martinez, 35, Indianapolis, was southbound on CR 775E in a 2005 Toyota Camry attempting to turn right onto CR 200N, but due to snow and ice was unable to make the turn. The car slid across the eastbound lane, exited the roadway on the south side and slid across the grass shoulder and struck the end of a guardrail and a tree where it came to rest. The driver was picked up and returned to her boyfriend's residence.
Vehicle pulled off the guardrail by Jerry's, but the boyfriend was able to drive it from the scene. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
* Jan. 11, 10:02 a.m.: Peter C. Chomyn, 53, West Terre Haute, was northbound on U.S. 231 north of U.S. 40 in a 1989 Ford Ranger when he lost control due to snow on the roadway. Chomyn's vehicle spun 360 degrees and struck the northbound 2008 Chevrolet Silverado driven by Cheryl L. Cook, 48, Greenwood. Cook said she noticed Chomyn's vehicle spinning, but could not avoid the collision.
* Jan. 12, 6:15 a.m.: Mark A. Sampson, 40, Brazil, was northeast bound on CR 500E in a 2008 Hyundai TGS. He advised the lights on a truck heading south temporarily blinded him as he was negotiating curves in the roadway. He said his right wheels drove into deep snow on the right edge of the road, and he was unable to steer. He drove off the east side of the road, where the vehicle struck a utility guide wire and continued northwest, where it struck the head of a guardrail. The vehicle then drove down an embankment, across a drainage ditch, over a concrete bridge support, through a fence and into a tree just south of a creek.
Sampson complained of head pain, but refused medical treatment. Fillmore Fire Department and Greencastle Fire Department responded to the accident.
Towed by Jerry's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
Putnam County Jail
Thomas W. Little Jr., 48, Greencastle: Public intoxication, disorderly conduct, Jan. 11, 4:15 p.m.
Roger Corey Ortiz, 24, Danville: Probation violation, Jan. 12, 3:20 p.m.
Ronald Dean Teague Jr., 48, Reelsville: Operating while intoxicated, operating while intoxicated with prior, Jan. 11, 11:15 p.m.
Greencastle Fire Department
Jan. 12, 7:05 a.m.: Mutual aid with Fillmore on motor vehicle accident at 3139 South CR 500E. Provided lights. Cleared 7:50 a.m.
Jan. 12, 12:05 p.m.: Assisted OL at 102 W. Poplar St. Cleared 12:32 p.m.
Jan. 13, 2:45 a.m.: Alarm due to pull station activation at Phi Kappa Psi, 110 Larabee St. Cleared 2:55 a.m.
Greencastle Police Department
* Jan. 7, 3:13 p.m.: Melanie S. Gibbs, 49, Greencastle, was stopped at the light at Calbert Way and SR 240E in a 2008 Jeep when she was struck by Emily B. Cherry, 17, Greencastle, driving a 1996 Chrysler.
* Jan. 12, 9:49 a.m.: Michael Scott, 37, Greencastle, was waiting to pull out of his driveway at 828 E. Washington St. in a 2003 Ford. Traffic was backed up due to drop-offs at Greencastle High School when a motorist in line waived him out. Scott pulled out and into the path of a 2008 Ford driven by Donald Pettit, 45, Greencastle, who was unable to avoid the accident.
The following tickets have been issued:
Jan. 5, 3:50 p.m., Indiana and Liberty streets: David M. Napora, 27, Greencastle, operator never licensed, operating without financial responsibility.
Jan. 10, 8:22 p.m., Frnaklin St.: Raymond Receveur II, 40, Indianapolis, driving while suspended.
Jan. 10, 9:20 p.m., Indianapolis Rd.: Marcus A. Gray, 20, Lanham, Md., 50 in a 30.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.