Putnam County Sheriff's Department
* Feb. 26, 11:58 a.m.: Danielle Arnold, 20, Greencastle, was eastbound on CR 75N just west of Cr 425E in a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon. She was attempting to pass a 2003 Ford F150 driven by Todd Farris, 47, Greencastle, when she began to feel a bad vibration in the steering due to a prior problem. Arnold said she lost control, causing her to sideswipe Farris. Both vehicles veered off the south side of the road and into a field. Arnold's vehicle rolled three or four times before coming to rest on its top.
Arnold was treated for neck pain.
Arnold's vehicle towed by Jerry's. Damage $5,001-$10,000.
* Feb. 28, 7:12 a.m.: Thomas Caraboa, 54, Plainfield, was westbound on U.S. 40 at CR 525E in a 1997 Ford Taurus when he hit a deer.
Towed by Steele's. Damage $1,001-$2,500.
* Feb. 28, 7:39 p.m.: David P. Buechler, 52, Greencastle, was eastbound on U.S. 40 in a 2000 Lincoln when he hit a deer.
Putnam County Jail
Bradley Michael Canerday, 34, Coal City: Check deception, Feb. 28, 6 p.m.
Stefanie Jenkinson, 29, Indianapolis: Failure to appear, March 1, 1:15 p.m.
Jeremy Brooks Martin, 28, Brazil: Probation violation, Feb. 28, 2 a.m.
Walter Kevin Reiss, 35, Fitchburg, Mass.: Theft motor vehicle, March 1, 1:13 a.m.
Kathleen Mary Smith, 39, Spencer: Failure to appear, March 1, 3:45 p.m.
Jimmie Jesse Thomas, 59, New Ross: Nonsupport of a dependent, probation violation, Feb. 28, 2 a.m.
Judith Wood, 32, Shelbyville: Failure to appear, March 1, 1:35 p.m.
Greencastle Fire Department
Feb. 25, 4:17 a.m.: Dispatched to 105 W. Hanna St. Disregarded en route 4:22 a.m.
Feb. 25, 9:52 a.m.: Assisted Operation Life at 210 N. Indiana St. Cleared 10:01 a.m.
Feb. 26, 1:04 p.m.: Assisted Operation Life at 1216 S. Bloomington St. Cleared 1:21 p.m.
Feb. 27, 3:16 a.m.: Assisted Operation Life with an unknown medical condition in a car in front of the DePauw Union. Cleared 3:29 a.m.
Feb. 27, 1:25 p.m.: Dispatched to 414 S. Indiana St. Disregarded en route 1:28 p.m.
Feb. 28, 2:37 a.m.: Alarm at Charming Shoppes, 1901 East SR 240. Cleared 3:25 a.m.
Feb. 28, 3:23 a.m.: Assisted Operation Life at 502 Ritter Ave. Cleared 3:45 a.m.
Feb. 28, 11:56 a.m.: Responded to car in high water on CR 100E, just south of Crowe's Bridge. Crews assisted driver from water and helped wrecker in retrieving the car. Cleared 12:36 p.m.
Greencastle Police Department
* Feb. 25, 6:20 p.m.: James E. Larson, 45, Coatesville, was westbound on Veteran's Highway in the turn lane for southbound Bloomington St. in a 2002 Jeep. He noticed traffic stopped on Bloomington St. for a semi turning into McClure. As he was stopped, he was rear-ended by Colton R. Maynor, 16, Cloverdale, driving a 1994 Chevrolet. Maynor said he was reaching for something that fell under his seat and did not see the stopped traffic.
* Feb. 28, 9:32 a.m.: Steven R. Thomas, 54, Greencastle, was backing up on Highland Ave. in a 2005 Ford and did not notice the 1997 Chevrolet driven by Gene R. O'Brien, 61, Greencastle, hitting it in the left rear passenger door and quarter panel.
The following tickets were issued:
Feb. 25, 7 a.m., SR 240: Debbie Neese, 55, Greencastle, unsafe lane movement.
Feb. 26, 1:30 a.m., Albin Pnd Rd.: Robert Schults, 35, Lizton, driving while suspended with a prior.
Feb. 28, 7:30 a.m., Indianapolis Rd.: Alexis Perez, 33, Indianapolis, 46 in a 30.
Feb. 28, 3:30 p.m., SR 240E: E. David Sillery, 17, Greencastle, 55 in a 40.
Feb. 28, 8:10 p.m., Bloomington St.: Amy Pridemore, 19, Greencastle, learner's permit violation.
Feb. 28, 11:45 p.m., West Walnut St.: Steven Sharpee, 21, Poland, 60 in a 40.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.