Putnam County Sheriff's Department
* March 2, 11:08 a.m.: Tiffani D. Cox, 18, Fillmore, was southbound on U.S. 231 in a 2001 Ford Escort when she noticed Travis A. Lochen, 26, Sidney, Ill., stopped in traffic in a 1995 International tanker truck. Cox said she hit the gas pedal instead of the brake, hitting Lochen's truck in the rear.
* March 9, 8:25 p.m.: Michelene Burton, 56, Coatesville, was eastbound on SR 240 in a 2001 Ford when she hit a deer.
* March 10, 5:57 p.m.: Delbert Boswell Jr., 37, Cloverdale, was northbound on U.S. 231 in a 1992 Ford attempting to turn onto westbound CR 300S when he was struck from behind by Kimberley Thompson, 31, Cloverdale, in a 1998 GMC Sierra. Thompson said she looked down and when she looked back up, she could not avoid Boswell's vehicle.
Boswell was taken to Putnam County Hospital for evaluation and cited for operating without financial responsibility.
* March 10, 7:04 p.m.: Leslie Bumgardner, 50, Cloverdale, was eastbound on SR 240 in a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro when she hit a deer.
* March 14, 3:33 a.m.: April D. Billingsley, 22, Fillmore, was northbound on U.S. 231 just north of CR 200N in a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am. He swerved to miss a deer, leaving the road and hitting a telephone pole and a fence.
Billingsley was treated and released at the scene.
* March 14, 5:48 a.m.: Kendrid D. Mintze, 19, Indianapolis, was eastbound on I-70 in a 1998 Oldsmobile. He was passing a tractor-trailer and noticed it slowing down. He then saw a deer in the road and swerved to the right to avoid it.
Mintze lost control of the car as it slid across both eastbound lanes and the south shoulder. Vehicle then exited the roadway, sliding into a ditch and coming to rest facing northwest.
Mintze was cited for driving on a learner's permit without a licensed driver present.
Putnam County Jail
Robert Joel Anderson, 35, Indianapolis: Nonsupport of a dependent, contempt of court, March 14, 4:10 p.m.
Lyle Jay Dewey, 37, Cloverdale: Operating while intoxicated, public intoxication, reckless driving, March 12, 11:40 p.m.
Carrie Lin Keck, 47, Ladoga: Operating while intoxicated, March 13, 12:30 a.m.
Juan Martin Lopez Cuervo, 20, Indianapolis: Operating while intoxicated, minor consumption, March 13, 5:55 a.m.
Anthony McDowell, 27, Greencastle: Theft, March 14, 8:30 a.m.
Charges are being filed as a result of March 8 theft incidents at the Greencastle Walmart and Kroger stores, City Police reported.
Officer Ed Wilson investigated the similar thefts that involved a suspect taking merchandise into a store restroom, opening the packages, concealing the items in his clothing and leaving the store.
Billy Ray Anderson, 27, Cloverdale, faces theft charges involving $400 worth of Walmart merchandise and $186 worth of items at Kroger.
The Walmart incident occurred between 2:30 and 3:50 a.m. March 8. It was discovered when an employee found discarded packaging in the men's restroom.
Items reportedly stolen at Walmart included a paintball gun, knife, lithium batteries, CO2 cartridges, sunglasses, batting gloves, neon tube lights, a head lamp, speaker wire, automotive air fresheners, a ratchet set, walkie-talkies and a Samsung Tracfone.
The Kroger incident occurred between 10 and 10:12 a.m. The suspect reportedly took four digital cameras, valued at $34.99 each, and a package of Duracell lithium batteries.
Two Greencastle men were arrested and taken to the Putnam County Jail after being involved in a reported altercation in an alley along South Main Street at 1:18 a.m. Saturday.
Officer Matt Huffman spotted the two men wrestling around on the ground and arrested Zachary Graham Lightner, 24, and Mark Collins, 48, on charges of disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
A Friday, March 11 property-damage accident occurred at 8:13 a.m. on 10th Street near Avenue B.
Officer Albert Epple reported that Seth Miller, 18, Fillmore, was southbound on 10th Street, driving a 1997 Mazda, and did not see that a 1989 Mercury Sable, driven by Dana Trojan, 43, Greencastle, was slowing to turn right onto Avenue B.
The collision resulted in total damage of $2,500-$5,000.
Two speeding citations were issued recently by city officers.
* At 10:25 p.m. Friday, Daniel Capes, 21, North Vernon, was ticketed by Officer Nick Eastham for 50 mph in a 30-mph zone on Bloomington Street.
* At 1 a.m. Saturday, Jessica Barks, 18, Martinsville, was ticketed by Reserve Officer David Clodfelter for 48 mph in a 30-mph zone on Washington Street.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department, Greencastle Police Department and Greencastle Fire Department.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.