Three recent arrests were reported by Greencastle City Police officers.
-- At 9:47 a.m. Monday, Troy Morphew, 38, Greencastle, was arrested at Howard and Maple streets by Officer Eric Vaughan.
Lodged in the Putnam County Jail, Morphew is facing charges of disorderly conduct, public intoxication (with a blood-alcohol contact of .16 percent under portable breathalyzer testing) and false informing.
-- At 9:15 a.m. Saturday, Victor Lee, 23, Greencastle, was arrested at 1044 Avenue B for domestic battery. Arrested by Sgt. Terry Eastham, he was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
-- At 2:30 a.m. Saturday, Demetrios Pitchford, 24, Chicago, was arrested at Castlebury Apartments on the city's East Side on a charge of criminal trespass. Arrested by Officer Matt Huffman and Capt. Charles Inman, Pitchford was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
Three property-damage accidents were investigated recently by GPD officers.
-- At 2:01 p.m. Monday, a two-vehicle mishap occurred during construction work on Bloomington Street near Veterans Highway.
Terry Jones, 55, Rosedale, was operating a 2000 Standard dump truck, owned by Crane Excavating, Rosedale, and while backing up to unload gravel, collided with a 2002 Chevrolet Blazer, driven by Rebekah Whitinger, 32, Brownsburg.
Assistant Chief Brian Hopkins estimated total damage in the accident at $1,000-$2,500.
-- At 3:32 p.m. Sunday, a two-vehicle accident occurred at Jackson and Hanna streets, Officer Ed Wilson reported.
Kelly Shaw, 43, Bicknell, had stopped his 2004 Dodge Durango at Jackson Street and did not see a southbound 2006 Kia, driven by Brian Gardner, 35, Greencastle, pulling into its path.
Total damage in the accident was listed at $5,000-$10,000.
-- At 5:15 p.m. Saturday, a two-vehicle accident was reported on Horseshoe Drive at the Round Barn Manor apartment complex.
Jesse Smith, 26, Greencastle, was backing a 2008 Chevrolet Colorado from a parking space and struck a westbound 2000 Chrysler, driven by Judith Niece, 70, Greencastle, Officer Darrel Bunten reported.
Total damage in the mishap was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
One recent traffic citation was issued by city officers.
-- At 1:56 p.m. Monday, Melissa Sadler, 29, Reelsville, was ticketed for operating without financial responsibility on Veterans Memorial Highway by Reserve Officer Jeremiah Jackson.
Jeremy Hylton Barker, 29, Roachdale: Battery on a child, resisting law enforcement, Aug. 29, 6 p.m.
Jeffrey Wayne Coleman, 42, Indianapolis: Operating while intoxicated, Aug. 28, 4:48 p.m.
Kenneth Eugene Hawkins, 53, Indianapolis: Operating while intoxicated with prior, Aug. 28, 3:19 a.m.
Jamie Anne Hays, 23, Coatesville: Operating while intoxicated, Aug. 27, 4 a.m.
Dustin Eugene Henry, 30, Roachdale: Domestic battery, public intoxication, Aug. 27, 12:54 a.m.
Dustin Kent Kennedy, 38, Gosport: Violation of home detention, Aug. 29, 5:05 p.m.
Austin Tyler Lowe, 18, Greencastle: Possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia, minor in consumption, public intoxication, Aug. 28, 4:12 a.m.
Nicholas Adam Maga, 31, Cloverdale: Violating a restraining order, intimidation, domestic battery, Aug. 28, 1 p.m.
Justin Michael Manning, 24, Cloverdale: Operating while intoxicated, motor vehicle theft, Aug. 28, 3:47 a.m.
Justin Kyle Riester, 20, Nichols, Ky.: Operating while intoxicated, minor in consumption, Aug. 26, 5:56 p.m.
Robert Wayne Roark, 32, Poland: Operating while intoxicated, public intoxication, Aug. 27, 12:21 a.m.
Aaron Henry Sisk, 22, Indianapolis: Operating while intoxicated, public intoxication, Aug. 28, 2:02 a.m.
Robert Dell Spears, 49, Camby: Operating while intoxicated, Aug. 29, 12:19 a.m.
* Aug. 25, 8 a.m.: Kayla Moore, 17, Roachdale, was eastbound on CR 1100 North just east of CR 100 East in a 2003 Saturn. She said the sun was in her eyes, which caused her to veer off the right side of the road. She then overcorrected, rotating counterclockwise across to the north side of the road.
The car entered the north ditch and rolled several times before coming to rest upright in a cornfield facing southwest.
She was treated by PMH ambulance for neck pain.
* Aug. 26, 11:50 a.m.: Gerald Allee, 34, Montezuma, was eastbound on U.S. 36 just east of CR 875 West in a 2002 International when several vehicles stopped in front of him. Allee veered right to avoid the accident, entering the ditch and overturning on the passenger side.
A witness in a vehicle in front of the accident said several motorcycles stopped in front of him, causing him to come to a sudden stop.
* Aug. 26, 2:20 p.m.: Lawrence Rudolph, 56, Mooresville, was eastbound on U.S. 36 in a 1995 Chevrolet Silverado approaching the intersection of CR 600 East. Rudolph said he didn't see a 2011 Buick Enclave driven by James Crodian, 64, West Chester, Pa., stopped behind a 2007 Chevrolet HHR driven by Lisa Greene, 46, Roachdale. Greene was attempting to turn left onto CR 600 East.
Rudolph rear-ended the Crodian car, causing him to rear-end the Greene vehicle.
Both Greene and Crodian said Greene had activated her turn signal.
* Aug. 28, 12:05 p.m.: James Howard, 20, Linton, was stopped at U.S. 231 and CR 900 South in a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix. The light turned green and he started to turn, but stopped due to oncoming traffic. He was then rear-ended by Debbie L. Rush, 52, Fillmore, in a 1985 Chevrolet S10.
* Aug. 28, 2:15 p.m.: Danny W. Dotlich, 68, Coatesville, was attempting to turn off of SR 243 South onto CR 900 South on a 1972 Honda CB7 motorcycle. He said he entered the turn too fast, causing him to lose control in some loose gravel.
The motorcycle left the road, ejecting both Danny and wife Delores. Both were taken to Putnam County Hospital by Operation Life with complaints of chest pain.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.