* On Friday, Sept. 30 at 7:40 a.m. Amy R. Kennedy, 38, Hoxie, Kan., was backing into a parking space at the Cloverdale McDonald's in a 2009 Cadillac Escalade. She hit the back fender and tail light of a 1997 Ford F250 owned by Julia C. Sturgis, Poland.
* On Sunday, Oct. 2 at 10:13 p.m. Tabitha Walker, 24, Poland, was trying to merge onto I-70 eastbound from U.S. 231 in a 1999 Jeep Cherokee. Due to construction and only one lane, she was unable to enter traffic and was struck from behind by Jesse Schumaker, 27, Spencer, in a 1991 Honda.
Schumaker said he was unaware of the construction and could not avoid the collision. He tested at 0.11 on the certified blood alcohol content test and was booked into the Putnam County Jail for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
* On Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 5 p.m., Linda K. McFerron, 43, Fillmore, was backing out of a driveway in Lincoln Hills at Heritage Lake in a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado. She backed into a 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser owned by Karla J. Musgrave, Greencastle, that was parked in the driveway.
* On Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 1:52 p.m. Michael D. Rossok, 35, Cloverdale, was on County Road 1000 East in a 2011 E150 van when he swerved to miss a deer and hit a guardrail.
* On Thursday, Oct. 6 at 6:17 p.m. Barbara Masten, 61, Greencastle, was backing out of a parking space at Putnamville Correctional Facility in a 1998 Ford Explorer. She did not notice the 2000 Pontiac Firebird driven by Brian Hartley, 53, Greencastle, trying to leave the parking lot.
Hartley saw Masten backing into his car but could not avoid the collision.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.