* On Monday, Oct. 24 at 7:44 a.m. William L. Lee, 60, Reelsville, was stopped eastbound on State Road 240, signaling to turn into a residence just west of Chadd Valley. He was driving a 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 2500.
Steven L. Slavens, 66, Greencastle, attempted to pass Lee's vehicle on the left in a 1993 Buick Park Avenue. In doing so, he collided head-on with Michael A. Scott, 27, Plainfield, driving a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer.
The collision caused Scott's vehicle to rotate to the southeast and hit the front of Lee's truck, damaging the hood, fender and bumper.
The impact sent Slavens' car back to the west, causing it to rotate northwest and off the road.
Lee's truck was drivable and parked on the shoulder upon the deputy's arrival.
Slavens was unresponsive and trapped in his vehicle. Greencastle Fire Department personnel extricated him and he was transported to the Putnam County Hospital and immediately taken to an Indianapolis hospital by air ambulance.
Scott and Lee were transported to the Putnam County Hospital. Scott had severe head lacerations.
Andrew Scott, an infant passenger in Michael Scott's vehicle, was in a rear-facing child restraint in the back seat. The child restraint was effective, but it is believed that flying debris and loose electronics hit the child in the head, causing a contusion or fracture of the skull.
Slavens illegally passed Lee in a no-passing zone where the eastbound traffic had solid yellow markings due to an oncoming hill and curve. He was cited for the infraction.
* On Friday, Oct. 21 at 2:45 a.m. Derek J. Cullison, 21, Bainbridge, was westbound on Old Right-of-Way Road just east of County Road 300 East in a 1995 Dodge Dakota. Several deer were crossing the road and he swerved to miss them, leaving the road and hitting a telephone pole on the north side of the road.
* On Saturday, Oct. 22 at 1:40 a.m. Susan Hall, 66, Terre Haute, was eastbound on Interstate 70 in a 2001 Honda when she hit a deer. The vehicle left the road and went down into a wooded area, hitting a tree.
* On Sunday, Oct. 23 at 5:50 a.m. Raven M. Strand, 19, Bainbridge, was northbound on County Road 500 East just south of State Road 240 in a 2007 Nissan Altima. She swerved to miss a deer in the road, veering off the east side. Her vehicle then ran over a power pole that was lying on the ground just off the road.
* On Sunday, Oct. 23 at 7:51 p.m. Andrea J. Taylor, 63, Freedom, was eastbound on U.S. 40 nearing County Road 500 West in a 2009 Nissan pickup when an animal ran into the road. In trying to avoid the animal she lost control, leaving the road on the south side, hitting a ditch and some small trees.
* On Saturday, Oct. 22 at 1:52 a.m. Edward Lane Hamilton was booked into the Putnam County Jail for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
* Sunday, Oct. 23 at 2:10 a.m. Patrick M. Kimes II, 38, Greencastle, was arrested for public intoxication and probation violation.
At 2:58 a.m. Rebecca Jane Davis, 45, Mooresville, was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated.
* On Monday, Oct. 24 at 9 a.m. James Marcus Starks, 29, Indianapolis, was arrested for probation violation.
At 10:35 a.m. Kenneth Everett Lanham, 39, Fillmore, was housed at the jail for forgery of documents, theft and possession of a schedule drug.
At 5:10 p.m. Tammy Y. Mitchener, 35, Coatesville, was booked in for violation of home detention.
At 8:30 p.m. Frank John Stanfield, 61, Cloverdale, was arrested for operating while intoxicated.
At 9:59 p.m. Daniel Scott Hayes, 54, Greencastle, was housed at the jail for violation of home detention.
At 10:49 p.m. Monnie Carr Jr., 24, Greencastle, was booked in for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
At 11:30 p.m. Kim Ray Hyten, 43, Fillmore, was arrested for violation of home detention.
A 20-year-old St. Louis woman was arrested Sunday after being involved in an accident and allegedly leaving the scene, Greencastle City Police reported.
Kathryn Petrovich was lodged in the Putnam County Jail at 5:05 a.m. after being involved in an accident at 2:05 a.m. on East Washington Street.
Officer Matt Huffman said she was westbound on Washington when she was distracted by her phone and allowed her 2010 Mercury to strike a parked 2011 Suzuki Equator, owned by Terrie Mack, Greencastle.
Petrovich told police she got scared and left the scene, hoping to take care of notifying authorities the next day.
However, she was arrested three hours later for illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor (.09 percent BAC) and failure to stop after being involved in an accident doing damage to an unattended vehicle.
Total damage was estimated at $2,500-$5,000.
City Police also investigated a reported recent theft at the Walmart store.
Sandra Potter, 24, Greencastle, has been charged with theft after a 12:09 p.m. incident on Oct. 19.
Officer Ed Wilson reported that she allegedly took $325.88 worth of items, mostly children's clothing, and concealed them in various ways on her person before leaving the store without paying for them.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to several runs recently.
* On Friday, Oct. 21 at 9:32 p.m. GFD personnel performed a carbon monoxide investigation at 3483 S. CR 25 West. Cleared 10:51 p.m.
* On Saturday, Oct. 22 at 1:41 p.m. crews responded to a motor vehicle accident at Vine and Liberty streets. Cleared 1:57 p.m.
At 1:49 p.m. they were dispatched to a gasoline leak from a vehicle at 821 Indianapolis Rd. Cleared 2:28 p.m.
* On Sunday, Oct. 23 at 11:19 a.m. personnel were dispatched to an alarm at 1305 Bloomington St. Cleared 11:35 a.m.
At 5:32 p.m. they responded to an alarm due to cooking at 414 S. Indiana St. Cleared 5:40 p.m.
* On Monday, Oct. 24 at 2:23 a.m. GFD was dispatched to 414 S. Indiana St. but was disregarded at 2:38 a.m.
At 7:47 a.m. personnel responded to a motor vehicle accident with injury on State Road 240 just west of Chadd Valley. Cleared 8:43 a.m.
At 2:01 p.m. GFD personnel cleaned up debris at Jackson and Franklin streets. Cleared 2:13 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.