The commissioners will continue to meet on the first Monday of each month at 9 a.m. and the third Monday of each month at 6 p.m. All meetings will be at the Putnam County Emergency Operations Center.
The one exception will be the second meeting of January, which will at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 17. Martin Luther King Day is on Monday, Jan. 16.
The commissioners also approved the 2012 holiday schedule for county employees. County offices will be closed on the following days:
* New Year's Day: Monday, Jan. 2
* Martin Luther King: Monday, Jan. 16
* Good Friday: Friday, April 6
* Primary Election Day: Tuesday, May 8
* Memorial Day: Monday, May 28
* Independence Day: Wednesday, July 4
* Labor Day: Monday, Sept. 3
* Columbus Day: Monday, Oct. 8
* General Election Day: Tuesday, Nov. 6
* Veterans Day: Monday, Nov. 12
* Thanksgiving: Thursday, Nov. 22; Friday, Nov. 23
* Christmas Party: Dec. 14, close at noon
* Christmas: Friday, Dec. 21, close at noon; Monday, Dec. 24; Tuesday, Dec. 25
* New Year's Eve: Monday, Dec. 31
The commissioners approved the highway department to pursue a National Historic Covered Bridge Conservation Grant for Dunbar Bridge. Commissioner Nancy Fogle took it a step further.
"Apply for anything else that comes along," Fogle said.
Highway co-supervisor Jim Smith said the county has received the green light to move forward in replacing Crowe's Bridge on County Road 100 East. He said the county has been trying to get approval to replace the bridge for more than a decade.