A number of routine, end-of-year matters highlighted a brief meeting of the Putnam County Council on Thursday, Dec. 8.
The council approved several transfers and additional appropriations to ensure positive balances on various county funds by Dec. 31.
The Sheriff's Department was granted approval of a $100,000 transfer from its Department of Correction (DOC) fund for part-time jail employees.
The Putnam County Jail houses DOC inmates in beds not in use by county detainees. In turn, the Sheriff's Department uses the money to fund the extra part time help needed for the extra inmates.
The County Highway Department transferred $31,328.84 from lease payments to group health insurance. While most county employees' health insurance is paid by the commissioners, the highway department funds its own insurance.
The council also appropriated $32,206.81 in grant money for the Putnam County Airport.
Additional appropriations from the County General Fund included:
* $2,000 to the Assessor's Office for mileage. This year's reassessment process has led the department to rack up extra mileage.
* $8,113 to Juvenile Probation for detention. The county signed a contract with Muncie Juvenile Detention Center earlier this year, but some of the money was cut during the budgeting process. The additional covers the shortfall.
* $20,000 for 911 Dispatch to cover regular maintenance and any bills or repairs until year's end.
* $25,000 to the Commissioners to pay for unemployment.
* $22,165 to the Health Department for end-of-year expenses.