Scanner for Jan. 19
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent runs.
* On Thursday, Jan. 12 at 9:42 p.m. GFD performed a medical assist at 2407 S. CR 500 East. Cleared 10:02 p.m.
* On Friday, Jan. 13 at 7:24 p.m. personnel performed cleanup after a motor vehicle accident at Warren Street and Veterans Highway. Cleared 7:46 p.m.
At 9:29 p.m. crews were dispatched to an alarm at 110 E. Larabee St. Cleared 9:36 p.m.
At 10:34 p.m. GFD responded to a container fire at Final Approach, 102 Ballard Ln. The restaurant staff had extinguished the fire when crews arrived. Cleared 11:06 p.m.
* On Saturday, Jan. 14 at 12:44 a.m. personnel assisted Operation Life at 534 N. Arlington St. Cleared 1:44 a.m.
At 10:37 a.m. GFD responded to an alarm at The Inn at DePauw, 2 W. Seminary St. No problem was found and the alarm was restored. Cleared 11:23 a.m.
* On Sunday, Jan. 15 at 12:18 p.m. crews assisted Operation Life at 620 Primrose Ln. Cleared 12:37 p.m.
At 2:07 p.m. GFD was dispatched to 225 S. Bloomington but was disregarded at 2:08 p.m.
At 6:30 p.m. personnel responded to an alarm due to cooking at 330 Greenwood Ave. Cleared 6:45 p.m.
At 7:05 p.m. firefighters responded to a rollover accident on County Road 125 West, just north of County road 25 South. Cleared 7:53 p.m.
* On Monday, Jan. 16 at 11:53 a.m. GFD responded to a chemical spill at 1230 N. Jackson St. Personnel contained the spill and contacted the Indiana Department of Environmental Management. Cleared 1:39 p.m.
At 11:51 p.m. crews responded to an alarm at Humbert Hall, 208 E. Olive St. Cleared 12:02 a.m.
* On Tuesday, Jan. 17 at 6:52 a.m. GFD was dispatched to an alarm at 10 W. Hanna St. They reset the alarm and cleared the scene at 7:08 a.m.
At 12:02 p.m. GFD used its aerial tower to assist with maintenance at 24 S. Indiana St. Winds had blown aluminum loose from the top of the building. A maintenance worker was taken up in the tower to secure the material. Cleared 12:45 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.