Three people were booked into the Putnam County Jail on Tuesday, March 27.
* At 8:40 a.m. John Randall Cox, 32, Terre Haute, was housed at the jail for probation violation.
* At 12 p.m. Brady Lee Simmons, 28, Crawfordsville, was charged with possession of a device to interfere with a drug screen and probation violation.
* At 11 p.m. Richard R. Buis, 65, Greencastle, was arrested for operating while intoxicated.
* On Sunday, March 18 at 4:08 p.m. Judith K Knowling, 64, Bainbridge, was eastbound on U.S. 36 approaching the intersection of U.S. 231 in a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer. She said she had a green light and continued through the intersection.
However, a 2007 Toyota Highlander made a left turn in front of her from westbound U.S. 36 onto southbound U.S. 231. Knowling's vehicle hit the Toyota in the passenger door, police said.
Russell H. Long, 80, Greencastle, said that since he had the green light, it was OK to turn. However, he should have yielded right-of-way to Knowling.
Knowling had injuries to her right rib area and right foot pain.
Damage $5,001-$10,000. Knowling's vehicle was towed for disabling damage.
* On Tuesday, March 20 at 3:30 p.m. William F. Brown, 63, Greencastle, was westbound on County Road 800 North in a 2001 GMC Sierra. Jamison T. Brewer, 17, Bainbridge, was also westbound in a 1996 Saturn SL.
Brown said he believed Brewer was following too close, so he stopped to allow Brewer to pass. Brewer ran into the rear of Brown's truck.
Brewer said Brown slammed on his brakes, not leaving him time to stop.
Damage $2,501-$5,000. Brewer's car was towed for disabling damage.
* On Friday, March 23 at 4:23 p.m. Nicholas L. Williams, 20, Coatesville, was stopped in the westbound lane of U.S. 36 just west of County Road 900 East waiting to turn left into his driveway. Williams was driving a 1995 Dodge Ram pulling a trailer.
As Williams waited, the rear of his truck and trailer were struck by a 1995 Dodge Dakota driven by Thomas K. Workman, 33, Bainbridge. Workman's vehicle came to rest in the ditch.
Two witnesses said Workman had been driving recklessly for several miles, passing multiple vehicles at one time and not appearing to try to stop before the collision.
Both drivers were transported to Hendricks Regional Health.
* At 9:31 p.m. Alexis L. Robinson, 19, Indianapolis, was eastbound on State Road 42 in a 1998 Chrysler Sebring.
She was rounding a corner and lost control due to speeds too high for the weather conditions. She crossed the westbound lane and hit a ditch and a utility pole.
Robinson was cited for speed greater than reasonable under conditions, operating with a suspended license and operating without proof of financial responsibility.
* On Saturday, March 24 at 3:40 p.m. Charles L. Cooksey, 44, Greencastle, was westbound on County Road 500 North in a 2002 Chevrolet Malibu when he began to feel sick. He said he started to throw up and as he leaned forward, his car left the road, hitting a concrete bridge with the right front tire.
Cooksey signed a medical release form.
* At 8:32 p.m. Saad W. Yazid, 48, Indianapolis, was westbound on U.S. 36 in a 2001 Dodge Caravan when he hit a deer.
* On Sunday, March 25 at 3:15 p.m. Brent S. Spier, 46, Seelyville, was southbound on U.S. 231 just south of U.S. 36 on a 1999 Kawasaki VN 1500 motorcycle.
Spier said a vehicle in front of him turned left into a driveway with no turn signal, giving him minimal time to react. He hit the brakes and slid sideways.
A witness reported the same account as Spier.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* On Sunday, March 25 at 6:44 p.m. GFD assisted Operation Life on an ATV accident at 474 W. CR 50 North. Cleared 6:59 p.m.
At 9:40 p.m. personnel performed a medical assist in the parking lot north of the Banner Graphic at 100 N. Jackson St. Cleared 9:57 p.m.
* On Tuesday, March 27 at 4:35 a.m. crews were dispatched to an alarm at 1305 S. Bloomington St. The alarm had been reset upon their arrival. Cleared 4:55 a.m.
At 5:05 a.m. GFD personnel returned to 1305 S. Bloomington St. for another alarm. Investigation revealed an alarm malfunction.
At 9:55 a.m. GFD was dispatched to a car fire in the Ivy Tech parking lot, 915 S. Zinc Mill Rd. The blaze was out on arrival. Cleared 10:08 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.