[Nameplate] Overcast ~ 55°F  
Wind Advisory
Monday, Nov. 24, 2014

Light ballast fire causes GMS evacuation

Monday, April 23, 2012

A minor electrical malfunction caused the evacuation of Greencastle Middle School Monday morning.

At 8:48 a.m., the Greencastle Fire Department was dispatched to the middle school at 400 S. Percy Julian Dr. for a structure fire.

Upon the fire department's arrival, the school had been evacuated, but the fire was already out. The problem had originated in a light ballast in the gymnasium.

After a brief investigation, the fire department cleared the scene at 9:09 a.m., releasing staff and students to re-enter the school.



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account on this site, enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.