A 24-year-old Greencastle man is facing drug and alcohol-related charges following his arrest by Greencastle City Police officers.
Anthony Alamo was stopped on South Jackson Street at 9:30 p.m. Friday by Capt. Charles Inman.
Alamo was lodged in the Putnam County Jail on charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of a syringe and operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (with a prior offense).
Two minor accidents were investigated recently by city officers.
-- At 12:26 p.m. Monday, a two-car mishap occurred on Indianapolis Road, just west of Kentwood Drive as an uninvolved motorist stopped to turn left into Headley Hardware.
James A. Jacobs, 43, Fishers, slowed and swerved the eastbound 2012 Ford Focus he was driving to avoid a collision, but his car was struck in the rear by a 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier, driven by Emmitt Smith, 77, Spencer.
The Smith car slid on the wet pavement in attempting to stop, Officer Darrel Bunten noted.
Total damage was listed at $2,500-$5,000.
-- At 5:18 p.m. Friday on State Road 240 East near 10th Street a two-vehicle accident occurred as Alicia Sims, 20, Greencastle, was eastbound, approaching 10th Street, while Ira Hunter, 73, Greencastle, was southbound on 10th Street.
Hunter entered the intersection in a 2007 Buick Lucerne, colliding with the 2002 Kia Sportage driven with the right-of-way by Sims.
Two passengers in the Sims vehicle were reportedly transported via Operation Life ambulance to Putnam County Hospital with minor injuries. No other details were available.
Sgt. Chris Jones estimated total damage in the accident at $2,500-$5,000.
Five recent traffic citations were issued by Greencastle officers:
-- At 10:47 p.m. Monday, Vincent Dixie, 50, Greencastle, was cited by Reserve Officer Kyle Lee on Indianapolis Road at the entrance to Walmart for an infraction of driving with a suspended license.
-- At 2:09 a.m. Sunday, Jessica Hylton, 20, Danville, was cited by Officer Eric Vaughan on Indianapolis Road for having a false or fictitious registration.
-- At 10:50 p.m. Saturday, James Hornung II, 32, Indianapolis, was cited on Indianapolis Road by Officer Vaughan for driving with a suspended license.
-- At 6:57 p.m. May 31, John Ryan Sanders, 29, Greencastle, was cited by Officer Bunten at Indianapolis Road and Judson Drive for operating a vehicle without financial responsibility.
-- At 3 a.m. May 28, Aaryn Curtis, 20, Danville, was ticketed on Indianapolis Road by Capt. Inman for operating with an expired license plate (April).
Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Friday, June 1 at 9:32 p.m. Anthony Juan Alamo, 24, Greencastle, was arrested for operating while intoxicated with a prior conviction, possession of methamphetamine and possession of a syringe.
At 11:30 p.m. Cody Stalone Sims, 26, Fillmore, was housed at the jail for public intoxication, possession of a controlled substance and probation violation.
* On Saturday, June 2 at 3:38 a.m. Terry Lynn Shrum II, 33, Greencastle, was charged with operating while intoxicated.
At 11:42 p.m. Cody Mason Hassell, 22, Bainbridge, was held at the jail for sexual misconduct with a minor.
At 11:43 p.m. Harry Robert Leak, 42, Ocklawaha, Fla., was booked in for probation violation.
* On Sunday, June 3 at 3:30 a.m. Vincent Joseph Wallace, 33, Greencastle, was arrested for operating while intoxicated with a prior conviction.
At 3:51 a.m. Caleb Ray Taylor, 30, Poland, was housed at the jail for operating while intoxicated with a prior conviction and public intoxication.
* On Monday, June 4 at 3:12 p.m. Daniel Jacob Frost, 25, Greencastle, was charged with probation violation.
* On Thursday, May 31 at 6:19 a.m. Douglas S. Anderson, 68, Cloverdale, was traveling northeast on State Road 42 in a 2011 GMC Sierra when he hit a deer.
* On Saturday, June 2 at 6:26 p.m. Devin M. Cox, 16, Greencastle, was southbound on County Road 175 East in a 2002 Chevrolet Venture when a turkey ran into the road.
Cox swerved to avoid the turkey and entered the west side ditch, where her van rolled onto its side. The front end of the vehicle dug into the ground, causing it to flip end for end and come to rest facing north.
Cox was taken to Hendricks Regional Health due to neck pain.
* On Monday, June 4 at 5:58 a.m. Carrie J. Metz, 33, Brazil, was northbound on U.S. 231 in a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee when she hit a deer.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* On Friday, June 1 at 2:56 p.m. GFD was dispatched to an alarm set off in cleaning a stove. Cleared 3:05 p.m.
At 5:20 p.m. crews responded to a motor vehicle accident with injury at Veterans Memorial Highway and 10th Street. Cleared 6:07 p.m.
At 6:19 p.m. firefighters rescued a cat at 401 W. Franklin St. Cleared 6:30 p.m.
At 7:28 p.m. GFD responded to an alarm due to cooking at 505 S. Jackson St. Cleared 7:34 p.m.
* On Saturday, June 2 at 12:22 p.m. and 3:21 p.m., GFD performed lift assists at 508 S. Illinois St.
At 2:58 p.m. responders performed a medical assist at 643 E. Seminary St. Cleared 3:48 p.m.
At 10:38 p.m. firefighters responded to an unauthorized burn at 1148 Avenue D. Cleared 11:01 p.m.
* On Sunday, June 3 at 2:01 p.m. GFD performed a medical assist at 2762 S. CR 150 West. Cleared 2:14 p.m.
* On Monday, June 4, at 7:51 a.m. and 8:57 a.m., crews responded to a pair of alarm malfunctions at 415 S. Locust St. The cleared the scene at 8:04 and 9:01 a.m., respectively.
At 8:52 p.m. GFD was dispatched for a medical run at 6429 S. CR 625 West. The were canceled en route at 9:15 p.m.
* On Tuesday, June 5 at 6:31 a.m. GFD performed a medical assist at 1162 Indian Springs. Cleared 6:45 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.