A number of people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Thursday, July 5 at 10 a.m. Joseph Aaron Mason, 27, Indianapolis, was arrested for reckless driving.
Also at 10 a.m, Daniel Ray Paul, 37, Indianapolis, was charged with nonsupport of a dependent.
At 5:13 p.m. Warren Kyle Smith, 27, Brazil, was booked on a warrant from another authority.
At 6:45 p.m. Robert Alan Jones was arrested for possession of a narcotics syringe and a warrant from another authority.
* On Friday, July 6 at 3:19 a.m. Thomas William Badgley, 20, Greencastle, was charged with domestic battery.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* On Tuesday, July 3 at 7:29 p.m. GFD was dispatched for a medical assist at 750 S. Fillmore Rd. They left at 7:50 p.m.
At 8:25 p.m. crews were sent to 626 E. Seminary St. for an alarm. They were disregarded before leaving the station at 8:28 p.m.
* On Wednesday, July 4 at 10:35 a.m. GFD was sent to an alarm at 503 S. Jackson St. and cleared at 10:41.
At 3:58 p.m. fire officials were dispatched to 720 E. Washington St., where a car had crashed into a power pole. There was a small grass fire near the scene where power lines ignited the ground. After repairs were made crews left at 6:27 p.m.
At 10:30 p.m. crews were sent to 1853 S. Glen Browning Dr. and East County Road 200 South for a brushfire. They cleared the scene at 10:54 p.m.
* On Thursday at 1 a.m. GFD was sent to a structure fire in Owen County, but were disregarded in route at 1:23 a.m.
* On Friday at 9:22 a.m. fire officials were sent to 1019 Indianapolis Rd., near Arby's, for a motor vehicle accident. Minor injuries sent one victim to the hospital and GFD left at 10:00 a.m.
At 1:31 p.m. crews were dispatched to 750 S. Fillmore for a medical assist. They left at 2:01.
On Thursday, July 5 at 5:43 p.m. Martina M. Tesmer, 51, Bainbridge, was eastbound on U.S. 36, stopped with the turn signal flashing in her 2006 Pontiac G6 GT to turn into her residence.
She and John E. Tesmer, 60, noticed a car behind them that didn't seem to be slowing down. They braced for impact.
Gladys F. Brown, 73, Coatesville, struck the couple's car with her 2011 Buick LAL.
Brown said she didn't know what happened. She was reported to be fatigued and was suffering from non-incapacitating chest pain after the accident.
Martina received an abrasion on her elbow and lower arm, while John felt non-incapacitating neck pain.
Damage was listed at $10,001-$25,000.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.