Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Tuesday, July 10 at 11:10 a.m. Joseph Gant Keller III, 32, Indianapolis, was arrested for burglary.
At 2:30 p.m. Bambi Lynn Bicknell, 39, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for theft.
At 6:43 p.m. Jeffery Lee Daniel, 39, Stilesville, was charged with burglary and theft.
* On Wednesday, July 11 at Matthew David Sechrist, 18, Poland, was held at the jail for operating while intoxicated and being a minor in consumption of alcohol.
At 10:06 p.m. Dustan Lyons, 28, no city listed, was booked in for contempt of court.
* On Thursday, July 12 at 12:30 a.m. Edward Christopher Parsons, 42, Greencastle, was arrested for battery and for being a habitual traffic violator.
* On Sunday, July 8 at 6:01 p.m. Allen N. Ashbier, 73, Spencer, was eastbound on Interstate 70 near the 46-mile marker in a Kia Sorrento. Ashbier was passing a 2007 Peterbilt semi tractor-trailer when the semi, driven by Sharon C. Johnson, 61, Hope, Ark., entered the passing lane.
The semi collided with the right rear quarter of Ashbier's vehicle. Ashbier then slid sideways in front of Johnson, crashing into the front and then right side of the semi.
The vehicle continued off the road, crashing into trees on the south side of the road.
Johnson said the Kia was in her blind spot and she did not see it passing.
Ashbier was treated for back pain.
* On Monday, July 9 at 8:05 a.m. Brian G. Gilmartin, 66, Cloverdale, was stopped northbound on U.S. 231 at U.S. 40 in a 2006 Dodge Ram.
Gilmartin began to back up to make room for a dump truck turning onto U.S. 231. He backed into a 2000 Ford F350 driven by Gary A. Martin, 45, Reelsville.
Two traffic citations were issued Wednesday by Greencastle City Police officers.
-- At 9:55 p.m., Jason Williams, 33, Greencastle, was ticketed by Officer Matt Huffman for disregarding an automatic signal at State Road 240 and Bloomington Street (U.S. 231).
-- At 9:35 p.m., Sara Kester, 21, Brazil, was cited by Officer Eric Vaughan at First Street and State Road 240 for an infraction of driving with a suspended license.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.