Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Wednesday, Aug. 15 at 7:13 p.m. Michael Ryan Runnells, 27, Greencastle, was arrested for failure to appear.
* On Thursday, Aug. 16 at 11:50 a.m. Weilhelm Heinrish Minartz, 31, homeless, was lodged at the jail for escape, violation of home detention and probation violation.
At 7 p.m. Donald Eugene Majors, 58, homeless, was charged with probation violation.
* On Friday, Aug. 10 at 12 a.m. Jonathan R. Maw, 24, Greencastle, was southbound on U.S. 231 in a 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier. He was on his way to pick his wife up from work and said he may have fallen asleep.
His car left the road, made impact with the north side of County Road 700 South, overturned and came to rest upright on farm land.
Maw did not report the accident until he arrived at Putnam County Hospital for treatment.
He was cited for operating the vehicle without proof of financial responsibility.
* On Thursday, Aug. 16 at 6:35 a.m. Helen L. Osborne, 68, Brazil, was eastbound on County Road 75 South in a 2003 Dodge Caravan when she hit a deer.
* At 2:15 p.m. Megan M. Cavaness, 17, Greencastle, was westbound on State Road 240 in 2009 Pontiac G6. She slowed for a curve at County Road 525 East but lost control as she negotiated the curve.
She overcorrected and left the south side of the road, crashing into a fence.
The driver's side airbag failed to deploy Cavaness complained of left arm but refused medical treatment.
* At 6:07 p.m. Jenna K. Jones, 17, Greencastle, pulled onto U.S. 40 from County Road 550 East in a 1999 Jeep Cherokee. Katelyn Sibbitt, 20, Coatesville, was westbound on U.S. 40 in a 2001 Saturn SL.
Jones said she had not gotten up to speed and was hit from behind by Sibbitt's vehicle. Sibbitt said when she applied her brakes they locked up and she slid into Jones' vehicle on the wet road.
The Greencastle Fire Department went on several runs recently.
* On Thursday, Aug. 16 at 5:24 p.m. they were called to 614 Washington St. for a motor vehicle accident. They returned to the station at 5:58.
* On Friday, Aug. 17 at 12:42 p.m. members were dispatched to 17 Cherrywood Court to investigate a carbon monoxide detector. They returned at 1:32 p.m.
At 12:45 p.m. fire workers were dispatched to 750 S. Fillmore Rd. for a medical assist. They were returned to station at 12:59 p.m.
At 2:38 p.m. they were called to 504 E. Seminary St. for a fire alarm, returning to station at 2:53 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.