Several people have been booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Saturday, Aug. 18 at 1 a.m. Wilmary Cruz Whitaker, 34, Cloverdale, was arrested for driving while intoxicated.
At 8:45 p.m. Robert Lee Clemons, 51, Greencastle, was lodged at the jail for probation violation.
* On Sunday, Aug. 19 at 1:10 a.m. Anthony Charles Brown II, 21, Greencastle, was charged with operating while intoxicated.
* On Monday, Aug. 20 at 8:55 a.m. Angela Jean Minartz, 39, Greencastle, was held at the jail for failure to appear.
At 3:35 p.m. Paul Allen Walters, 45, Greencastle, was booked in for probation violation.
Six people were arrested recently by Greencastle City Police officers.
-- At 12:13 a.m. Monday, John Simms, 35, Greencastle, was arrested by Capt. Charles Inman at Arlington and Walnut streets for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
Simms registered a .16 percent blood-alcohol content and was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
-- At 8:36 p.m. Sunday, Benjamin Brewer, 24, Bainbridge, was arrested by Capt. Inman at Locust and Simpson streets for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
Brewer, who registered a .17 percent blood-alcohol level, was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
-- At 12:40 a.m. Sunday, Daniel J. Capps, 37, Greencastle, was arrested on four charges at Walnut and Indiana streets by Capt. Inman.
Capps, who was lodged in the Putnam County Jail after registering a .15 blood-alcohol level, is facing charges of public intoxication, disorderly conduct, resisting law enforcement and criminal trespassing.
-- At 5:44 p.m. Saturday, Richard A. Simms, 61, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Jeff Modlin at Robe-Ann Park.
Simms, who registered a .229 percent blood-alcohol level, was lodged in the Putnam County Jail. He was booked in on charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and operating a motor vehicle while a habitual traffic offender.
-- At 12:18 p.m. Saturday, Barry D. Rominger, 50, Greencastle, was arrested by Officer Modlin in the parking lot of Roban Apartments.
Rominger, who was lodged in the Putnam County Jail, faces charges of auto theft, battery causing bodily injury and violation of probation.
-- At 11:47 a.m. Aug. 17, Richard Huber, 56, Greencastle, was arrested on North Gillespie Street by Officer Modlin.
Huber, who faces charges of battery causing bodily injury and violation of a no-contact order, was lodged in the Putnam County Jail.
* On Wednesday, Aug. 15 at 3:10 p.m. Todd Richey, 50, Kokomo, was eastbound on State Road 240, rounding the curve at County Road 525 East in a 1999 Plymouth sedan. Denise Kelly, 22, Greencastle, was westbound at the same curve in a 2000 Dodge Intrepid.
The two vehicles sideswiped each other as they rounded the curve.
Richey said he was not sure if he was left of center. Kelly said Richey's vehicle was left of center, which caused her to swerve. She could not avoid the accident.
No marks on the road indicated who was left of center, and the vehicles had moved prior to the arrival of Deputy Donnie Pettit.
Damage was listed at $2,501-$5,000.
* On Sunday, Aug. 19 at 9:38 p.m. Robert B. Markle, 50, Quincy, was eastbound on State Road 42 in a 2003 Suzuki VL 1500 motorcycle when he entered a curve near County Road 1275 South, he lost control of his motorcycle.
The motorcycle left the north side of the road, entering the front yard at 887 E. State Road 42. At some point, Markle was thrown from the motorcycle and landed face first in the gravel driveway.
The motorcycle flipped at least once and came to rest just short of the driveway.
The Cloverdale Fire Department and Operation Life treated Markle for the trauma to his body. He was transported to the hospital by Operation Life.
Damage was estimated at $5,001-$10,000.
The Greencastle Fire Department has gone on several runs recently.
* On Friday, Aug. 17 at 6:06 p.m. workers responded to a fire alarm at 109 W. Hanna St. The alarm was set off while cooking and crews were in service at 6:16 p.m.
* On Saturday, Aug. 18 at 2:38 p.m. crew members were dispatched to 831 E. Washington St. when a resident noticed a burnt wire smell. Frayed wires were found in the fuse box and workers returned to station at 3:02 p.m.
At 9:10 p.m. fire workers went to 313 S. Locust St. to clean up fluid left on the street from an auto accident. They returned at 9:24 p.m.
* On Sunday, Aug. 19 at 11:27 a.m. workers responded to an alarm set off by cooking at 109 W. Hammond St., returning to station at 12:03 p.m.
* On Monday, Aug. 20 at 12:18 a.m. department members were dispatched to 110 E. Larabee St. for a fire alarm. They were back in service at 12:28 a.m.
At 1 p.m. crews went to 1215 S. U.S. 231 to help at an accident involving a car and a moped. They were back at the station at 1:22 p.m.
* On Tuesday, Aug. 21 at 1:30 a.m. workers again responded to a fire alarm set off during cooking at 109 W. Hanna St. They were in service at 1:46 a.m.
At 9:20 a.m. department members went to a lift assist at 1542 Bloomington St. They were back on station at 10:14 a.m.
At 9:39 a.m. a crew was sent to 504 E. Seminary St. for an alarm at the ATO house. The fire workers were in service at 9:50 a.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.