Several people were booked into the Putnam County Jail recently.
* On Tuesday, Jan. 22 at 11:55 a.m. Jana Ann Smith, 20, Greencastle, was arrested for battery with bodily injury and disorderly conduct.
At 12 p.m. Brandi Jo Troxal, 34, no city listed, was lodged at the jail for nonsupport of a dependent.
At 12 p.m. Michelle Cantrell, 32, Indianapolis, was charged with trafficking contraband with an inmate and conspiracy to commit trafficking.
At 9:35 p.m. Matthew Allan Golden, 27, Coatesville, was booked in on two counts of theft and one of trespassing.
* On Wednesday, Jan. 23 at 4:24 a.m. Jeremy L. Hutson, 41, Greencastle, was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
The Greencastle Fire Department has responded to a number of recent dispatches.
* On Thursday, Jan. 17 at 7:06 a.m. firefighters assisted with cleanup of a motor vehicle accident at county roads 250 South and 250 East. Responders cleared the scene at 7:36 a.m.
At 8:52 a.m. GFD was dispatched to an alarm at 109 W. Hanna St. Crews returned to station at 9:07 a.m.
At 1:19 p.m. crews responded to an alarm at 620 Anderson St., returning to station at 1:53 p.m.
At 2:54 p.m. firefighters assisted Operation Life at 309 Elm St. They returned to station at 4:40 p.m.
At 2:59 p.m. responders assisted Operation Life at 105 Ridgeland Rd., cleared the scene at 3:13 p.m.
At 7:35 p.m. GFD investigated an alarm at 420 Anderson St., clearing the scene at 7:46 p.m.
* On Friday, Jan. 18 at 10:11 a.m. crews investigated an alarm at 606 College Ave. They cleared the scene at 10:19 a.m.
At 9:28 p.m. responders were dispatched to an alarm at Humbert Hall, 208 E. Olive St., clearing the scene at 9:35 p.m.
At 10:05 p.m. GFD was dispatched to burning trash at 1280 N. Jackson St. Responders put out the fire, returning to station at 10:25 p.m.
* On Saturday, Jan. 19 at 12:19 a.m. firefighters investigated a pull station alarm at 110 Larabee St., clearing the scene at 12:20 a.m.
At 9:09 p.m. crews investigated an alarm at Humbert Hall, returning to station at 9:22 p.m.
At 9:59 p.m. responders were dispatched to a down power line at 1340 Indianapolis Rd., returning to station at 10:29 p.m.
* On Sunday, Jan. 20 at 1:41 a.m. crews were dispatched to an alarm at 311 S. Locust St. but were disregarded at 1:41 a.m.
At 4:55 p.m. GFD responded to an alarm at 409 S. Jackson St., returning to station at 4:06 p.m.
At 5:58 p.m. firefighters investigated an alarm at Autumn Glen, 98 N. 10th St. They returned to station at 6:05 p.m.
At 7:21 p.m. crews responded to an alarm at 414 S. Indiana St., returning to station at 7:32 p.m.
* On Monday, Jan. 21 at 3:49 a.m. GFD provided mutual aid to Floyd Township on a structure fire at 2916 N. CR 550 East. Greencaslte units returned to station at 7:37 a.m.
At 9:35 a.m. firefighters performed an animal rescue at 601 Anderson St. They cleared the scene at 9:52 a.m.
At 12:53 p.m. responders performed a medical assist at 1024 E. CR 25 South. They were back on station at 1:23 p.m.
At 1:17 p.m. GFD was dispatched to a sprinkler activation at the DePauw Union Building, 408 S. Locust St. They returned to station at 2 p.m.
* On Tuesday, Jan. 22 at 9:29 a.m. crews responded to a chimney fire at 645 S. CR 125 West, clearing the scene at 10:05 a.m.
At 10:40 a.m. responders performed a medical assist at Asbury Towers, 102 W. Poplar St. They returned to station at 10:52 a.m.
At 6:31 p.m. GFD was dispatched to an unauthorized burn at 3857 U.S. 231 South. Firefighters put out the fire and returned to station at 6:50 p.m.
Information included in the Putnam Scanner is taken from reports provided to the Banner Graphic by the Greencastle Police, the Greencastle Fire and the Putnam County Sheriff's departments.
Individuals listed in the blotter have been arrested on probable cause and have not been formally charged. Charging information may change after an initial arrest.
Questions about listed charging information should be directed to the arresting agency.